2012 Kia Sportage

Based on 127 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Love this CAR!

By on Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Pros: "Beautiful, affordible"

Cons: "small rear window, bumpy"

"Everything is Great in this car! It can be a little bumpy but what car isn't! Only complaint is the window in the rear it is very small and sometimes hard to see out of."

Excellent Small AWD SUV, I love it!

By on Friday, May 25, 2012

Pros: "Looks great, sufficient storage, and tows!"

Cons: "there isn't any"

"I traded in a 2004 Volvo XC90 w/ the third row seating. So I was a bit skeptical the Sportage would not have enough room! I am very suprised, it has all the room I need and then some. There is also storage under the floor at the hatch. I got the model with the rugged mats and cargo mat. I went into the dealer with the idea that I was going to get leather, heated seats, and a sunroof and I came out buying this sportage with none of these features and I'm completely happy with the outcome. I loved my Volvo but I have found a new love with my Kia. Drives great, great gas mileage (even for a lead foot), nice stereo, love the bluetooth! This vehicle even tows a riding lawn mower along with a push mower just fine."

Great car for the $

By on Sunday, January 01, 2012

Pros: "Great ride!"

Cons: "Small trunk space"

"In about a year I have put around 30,000 miles on this car and I love it to death! This car had great stock sound which is good for any teen wanting impress and rock out. The driving dynamics are great too, I used to own a 2000 jeep Cherokee and with my Kia I can stop on a dime an turn like nobodys business. There have been s couple situations where in my jeep I would have been in a heap of trouble. It rides smooth and quiet and gets great average gas mileage for any car this size. I wouldn't give this car up for anything other than a really nice car with a really low sticker price, I will probably be driving this thing til the wheels fall off. The only thing I have to say about this is car negatively I that the trunk space is lacking where I prefer to have a vehicle that can haul like a pickup truck but then again that my personal opinion"

Great AWD SUV

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pros: "Gas mileage and quality"

Cons: "Still looking for a negative worth commenting on."

"I bought a black cherry AWD LX and have 4k miles with absolutly no issues. This is my second KIA. My first was an 08 Optima and at 110K it never saw the inside of the dealer for any warranty work. Hoping this Sportage is as good of a vehicle. The Sportage has great value and quality. I added an after market leather interior package with heated seats at a cost far below what a leather Sportage would cost or getting it done at the dealership. The Sportage turns a lot of heads. Love the vehicle!!!"

I LOVE MY SPORTAGE!!

By on Saturday, September 10, 2011

Pros: "FUN, SPORTY, STYLISH, SAFETY, FEATURES, GOOD PRICE FOR THE QUALITY OF THIS VEHICLE."

Cons: "little bit bumpy ride."

"I just bought a 2012 red kia sportage ex. It is such a fun, stylish, top quality car! I am very happy with my purchase. I feel safe with my children in this car. FUN FUN FUN!"

Great value for the price

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "good price"

Cons: "not sure about long term reliability"

"My wife was in an accident and totaled the vehicle. She walked away. We bought another (same make/model/year) to replace it. It is much too new to make any realistic comments regarding its reliability, but it is relatively easy to drive, good mileage on the highway, and the ride is comfortable."

I like my Sportage

By on Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"I just bought it and love it. Its fun to drive, turns heads, and is very well priced."

Great Little Vehicle

By on Friday, January 07, 2011

"Traded in a Vibe looking to get into a small vehicle with good gas mileage. Very comfortable vehicle and averaging 26 to 27 mpg. Compared to Vibe, very roomy and very good pickup as well with the 6 speed trany, even for a 4 cyl. After research, I found this to be the best all around buy for the $$$'s with many standard features that are optional on other vehicles. Great warranty too. Yet to see on reliability but so far so good at 3k miles over a few months. Very happy thus far, good vehicle at good price."

Proud Kia Sportage owner

By on Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"I'm in love with my 2011 Kia Sportage EX Premium. If you asked me a year ago, I would have told you that I would never drive a Kia. I love everything about it. The styling, handling, features, warranty, etc. The bluetooth is great and easy to use, love the streaming audio, push button start, and especially the panoramic moonroof."

Love mine. Happy with my choice.

By on Friday, August 26, 2011

Pros: "Stunner, tons of features, great value"

Cons: "ride isn't the smoothest"

"I love mine. I got a red EX 4WD. It's a great little car, good on gas, really good looking, lots of features for very little money. I wasn't really in the market for a small SUV, but once I drove it and started to think of the benefits of having more cargo room and 4WD, I went for it. It doesn't have the smoothest ride...definitely more of a "jeepy" feel than a sedan. The only thing I don't like about it is the middle seatbelt in the back, which is anchored to the ceiling...very strange. But for the money, I don't think there's anything close."

Best Vehicle I've Had

By on Saturday, January 08, 2011

"Out of the past 7 vehicles I have owned this is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. I recently bought the 2011 Kia Sportage LX AWD w/ navigation, back up sensors, etc. and loved it from the start. It has AWD drive, w/ a 4-wheel drive capability, the navigation system is extremely fast compared to a Tom-Tom and other navi's and is very detailed. I'm positive everyone would love it especially when UVO by Microsoft wil be coming out in early 2011 for newer models. The exterior is well above par from its original years of the sportage and definately is easy to drive. Has so many features and options including ESC and you also can get other options on the EX model with heated and cooling seats which is awesome. Also the glove compartment has an a/c stored in it which is so cool. I love this vehicle and I wouldn't just recommend it but also would love to see everyone buy this vehicle. Not to mention it has a 10 year/ 100,000 mile warranty on every KIA."

Be careful where you get oil changes

By on Monday, November 19, 2012

Pros: "Great gas milage, very comfortable on long trips"

Cons: "Maintenance cannot be done anywhere but KIA"

"I owned this car for a year and a half and loved it! Great ride, big enough for growing kids in the back seat, nice sound, etc. I took it for regular oil changes and maintanance at the Jiffy Lube down the street since the Kia dealership was way on the other side of town, 45 minutes minimum each way. Then the engine blows up (not quite literally but close). Turns out the after market oil filter the jiffy lube used did not have a tiny spring in it that the Kia needed (not mentioned in the owners manual BTW) and now my engine has $5,194 worth of engine damage that is not covered by warranty. Unless you know for a fact that you will take this to the dealership for all maintenance, do not risk it."

Finally got it right!

By on Monday, April 18, 2011

"Kia finally got the sportage right! No one wants a small, underpowred V6 with garbage gas milage in a small SUV.we buy small SUVs to get good gas milage, sit up high,and have AWD at an affordable price. The Styling is AWESOME. This looks like a spaceship compaired to the old dumpy Sportage and i think looks better than the CRV or Rav4. the EX comes nicely loaded with all you would want and the price tag...I PAID 23K for my AWD EX with a towing hitch. this thing has sat radio, bluetooth, power seats, dual climate, air filtration, voice command, 18inch wheels, led lights AND MORE!!! No compeditor can beat that! what a value, what styling, what a ride!"

A Masterpiece for the Value

By on Monday, August 27, 2012

Pros: "value, features, ride, quality, warranty"

Cons: "interior needs higher quality materials"

Sporty and fun - and a great value!

"What a great mini-ute the money. Hard to put in question the true value here - you get so much, for a great price, then have a 10yr/100,000mile drivetrain warranty to boot. Just got my ex awd and have been driving it for 4 days. It'll be my commuter and my weekend car to the mountains. I really like the awd with the lockable 4x4 feature (cr-v and cx-5 don't have that), and 176hp and 6 speeds (rav-4 doesn't have have that), gives it a good peppy feel. It's not fast off the line, but plenty of torque at higher speeds for passing and hills. Plus, all those extras - uvo and backup camera, cooling glove box, jukebox and ipod support, satellite radio, all weather mats, homelink, led lights, lotsa room, and on, and on. Great little car, and my first tank gave me an average of 25mpg. Bye bye Sequoia. Hello Kia Sportage!"

Sporty and fun - and a great value!

Fun, Fun, Fun

By on Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Pros: "The SX turbo is absolutely great."

Cons: "Black (leather) interior ...a bit warm"

"I've had this Sportage SX for a month. I'm 6'5" and it's one of the few suv's that I can get my knees under the steering wheel. I turned in a 2007 Lexus RX350. While that was a wonderful yacht to drive, this one is fun, fun, fun. My Sportage is fully equipped and I have almost the same creature comforts as the Lexus. I can't believe how similar they are. Except for the power lift rear hatch and rain sensing windshield wipers I haven't noticed or missed any other features from the Lexus. And think of the bucks I saved! You can pick any interior as long as it is black leather. It would be nice to have a different color interior, especially in the south. But with heated and cooled driver's seat it'll do. Bluetooth, navigation and backup camera are nicely integrated. And it has a sunglasses case above the rear view mirror. A silly little item but it and the turbo sold me on it."

Pleasantly Surprised

By on Wednesday, October 06, 2010

"I just purchased the 2011 Sportage less than a month ago. The Kia captured my attention with the new European Design and testimony of other Kia owners. Given the price was right, I decided to trade in my Jeep and enjoy the greater MPG. I am glad I made the switch. The ride is smooth and the interior is very spacious. Keep your eye on KIA."

I luv my 2012 KIA in signal red

By on Thursday, October 04, 2012

Pros: "Nice SUV inside, outside & fun to drive"

Cons: "NONE"

Standing in front of my new KIA

"I am enjoying my 2012 Kia sportage. Everybody asked me if where did I bought my suv. They never see this good looking car before. It's fun to drive I got a lot of compliments. I am very satisfied with my KIA. I was driving a V8 ford explorer before but I traded in with this KIA sportage. I am glad & happy with my new KIA. Because equipt with curtain air bags, It's only cost me $ 500.00 a year for my full coverage insurance with $500 deductable. Good job Kia."

Standing in front of my new KIA

Really enjoy tis car

By on Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pros: "Great fuel milage and good handling"

Cons: "Gas tank and no cross members on roof rack"

"Have had this car since Apriland it performs better than expected. Was looking for a used car for my daughter when we bought this one and gave her my car. I only wish it had power seats. The gas tank is a little too small. The roof rack cannot be used since it does not have standard cross bars. The cross bars are not standard. They are available from dealers for $205 for parts and $200 for installalation. Wish I had known this when I bought the car. MIght have had dealer install as part of purchase price. Otherwise, very pleased with car. I do average 30 mpg with this car and have gotten up to 34 mpg on trips."

Great car for the money

By on Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pros: "best price for small SUV vs quality and warranty"

Cons: "little visibility on the back"

"Well, this car scores really really high on safety while price is still much less than many other makes. I was amazed to see what the diference is in car crash between 2,3,4,5 star safety rating. This Kia has 5 stars and that was my first and most important thing when buyng new car. I have two little kids and safety comes first. No need to go on with all the extras this car has to increase safety. Design is great and you can tell that ex-audi guy is involved in the make of the design. While inside most of it is plastic still doesnt feel as cheap as you would think. Very stirdy and no loose parts. Really, the only bad thing i noticed so far about having so much plastic is when i put to max the volume, the belt for the back seat on the right is making anyong sound and I strapped it so it is not loose. The sound with the sub-woofer is more than good. I really like it actualy. I love the way it feels while driving. Cant understand the ppl complaing about the ride. This is sportier car and hard suspension is what makes it more sporty. For smal SUV the car got really great MPG. I would like to have more than 170HP but it seems to do just fine on hills and passing trucks and cars when needed. The cruise control however is the biggest let down i guess. The speed drops with 4 even 5 miles untill the gas kicks in to reach the set up speed again. Not a big deal, but i noticed this really early on compering it to our other cars we have/had. Whlie backing out of parking lot is not supposed to be that hard since it is fairly small framed car for SUV, with this car it can be a chalange. Visibility is realy bad. Dont buy it without the back up camera. The cam is what is solving the problem. But if you like to check on your rear view mirror all the time, you will be disapointed. Side view mirrors will be your best freinds instead. To see something in the rear view mirror there has to be perfect angle between the mirror, your eye sight and back windshiled. Overal I will recomend the car to ppl with not more than 4 members in the family and ppl which are ok with stiff ride. You cant beat the price though. It took me more than 6 months of comparing and on a paper there is a clear winner. If you dont have money to spend on fancy car this KIA is the way to go. Best small SUV out there for money vs quality."

Toyota Honda Who?

By on Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pros: "Performance and Style"

Cons: "It would be nice if it had automatic folding outside mirrors as an option."

"Kia is not the Kia of just a couple of years ago. My wife needed a new car. We were going to go the usual compact SUV route with a CRV or Rav4, but they seemed so boring in design and performance inside and out. There are so many CRV's and Rav4's out there they are like the company fleet vehicles of Moms. We checked out the Sportage SX when it first came out and had to have it. Performance, price and style makes this car the gem of compact CUV's. We have had it since April. Only service it has needed is gas and an oil change. I drive it on the weekends when she lets me."

Blows away Rav 4 and CRV

By on Monday, April 25, 2011

"We looked at the Honda CRV, Toyota Rav 4 and the Sportage EX for my wife. We loved the Sportage styling miles over the CRV and Rav 4. We must not be the only ones because we couldn't find the EX AWD in the color we wanted so decided to buy-up to the SX AWD that was at the dealer in the exact color my wife wanted. Things happen for a reason. She loves this car. The power of the SX turbo in the Sportage 4 cylinder is far better than that of the CRV or Rav4 6 cylinder. Gas mileage is good. Quality so far is great (it's new). This car is a definite head-turner. It's the type of car that someone will come up to you and say "what a great looking car"."

2013 Kia Sportage SX AWD w/Turbo

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Sporty, great priced, great milage, fun to drive"

Cons: "No digital speedometer, no rear heat/ac vents/cont"

"My husband and I just bought this vehicle in black. Talk about sporty and stylish! We LOVE this vehicle! The only thing we would change about it, is we would love to have a digital speedometer. It is so easy to go way over the speed limit without realizing it, yes, I know there is a speedometer provided, however the digital read out keeps you more alert. This vehicle provides such a super smooth ride, my husband was surprised at how much he really enjoys driving this Kia. We have the heat & cooled seats, which have come in handy already for winter time. Just wished the same was provided for the back seat. Love the dual side heat/air controls, however there is room and the right style to have a split heat/air for the backseat, which is a shame this vehicle is not equipped with. Over all though, we are very happy with our new car (well, new to us)."

Great suv for money

By on Saturday, June 22, 2013

Pros: "Lots of options for money"

Cons: "Blind spots, nav sys screen needs to be recessed"

"I use this vehicle for work, 40,000 miles in less than 2 years, just change oil and rotate tires, no problems! Blind spots in front do take getting used to, an auto open and close rear door would be great. Very happy with vehicle so far!"

So far best Auto Purchase I've had

By on Friday, March 29, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, Stylish and very ECO for a SUV."

Cons: "Minor, just blind spots when changing lanes"

"I bought my 2013 Sportage SX T-GDI in January 2013. I originally was looking to purchase the EX model with the Premium Package upgrade, then realized almost everything in the Premium Package was in the SX. The first few weeks it seemed like i was filling up the gas tank a lot (avg'd 18 mpg), however now that the ECO drive has observed how my driving is, I'm getting 28 mpg on avg. Its even better on Long Traveling trips, EXCELLECT on gas then!! If there was one down side to it, the blind spots are a little harder to see, however by using the side view and the rear view mirrors before turning your head seems to help. I had a Jetta GLS before this and got used to the "better items" it had standard, however the Sportage has everything my Jetta did plus A LOT more. So far all I can say is this was the best car buying decision I've ever made and I'm now hooked on KIA!! BRAVO on a great Product KIA!!"

Great car, loaded with extras

By on Thursday, July 19, 2012

Pros: "Great price, loaded, great style and ride."

Cons: "Small design of back window, low visibility."

"We just bought the Kia Sportage and we love it, loaded with extras, fun to drive, dependable. The panoramic sun roof, back-up camera, leather seats and great fuel efficiency made it an easy choice over the Toyota (our 2nd choice)."