2012 Kia Sportage

Based on 120 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

love my new Kia sportage 2015

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Pros: "price-looks- way it handles on the road - quiet"

Cons: "don't have any cons yet ? but tires usually are it"

"Purchased my new Sportage 2015 last month. Attracted to its sleek lines and price for an SUV- Love the way it handles- love the room- and love the warranty. At this time I am still estimating my gas mileage as my last car was a bit better on gas- but it was a smaller car. I traded for safety reasons. Kias have come a long way with what they have to offer ! and I do think it is the sleekest 'look' on the road for the pricetag!"

Fantastic SUV With Plenty Of Bells & Whistles!

By on Friday, November 21, 2014

Pros: "Excellent quality. Very attractive looks and price"

Cons: "None. No complaints at all."

"We have had our 2014 Kia Sportage for about 6 months now. We previously had a Kia Soul, which we enjoyed very much. Our new Sportage is great-looking and is loaded with standard equipment that are options on many other brands. We are getting about 28 MPG overall, which is excellent. The 2.4L 4 cylinder engine is very formidable and quick. The interior layout is well-planned, and the interior roominess is amazing for 4 adults. The fold-down rear seats allow for a lot of storage. The dashboard layout is excellent. The exterior of the Sportage is sporty and exudes quality. The alloy wheels are classy, and the fit and finish are top quality. We are extremely pleased with our Sportage, and the peace of mind we get with the great Kia warranty. Our local Kia dealership is fantastic, and they have taken very good care of us and our Sportage. Anybody who is shopping for a smaller SUV, who does not seriously consider a Kia Sportage, is making a big mistake. Thanks Kia, and keep up the good work!"

Love my sportage!

By on Thursday, October 30, 2014

"I bought my sportage 3 years ago and have not had any issues! Handles and drives like a dream! Decent gas mileage for a SUV. The interior is very roomy! I upgraded to the EX with all the extras except the GPS system. Totally worth every penny!!"

The best for me

By on Monday, October 27, 2014

"I traded my 2011Sportage EX for the same 2014 because ride is less stiff and many features were upgraded."

Great looks, drives great, best SUV for the money!

By on Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Pros: "Awesome looks, drives great, love the interior"

Cons: "Little better fuel economy would be nice."

"I love my Kia Sportage, got the LX w/rearview camera and upgrades. Drives and handles great, fuel economy is good, has more room inside than you would think looking at it. Looked at several other models, but this had the best looks and was the best buy."

Great value for the money, needs few improvements

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "Great value for the money"

Cons: "Needs radio visor and better gas mileage"

"After shopping the competition bought the Sportage because of the surprising quality for the money. The fit and finish is comparable to CRV but seems quicker and quieter. Biggest annoyance is the inability to see the radio settings at all during bright daylight.. The gas mileage could certainly be better but for the price I can't complain that much because it feels like I am driving a more expensive vehicle with all wheel drive."

Excellent and reliable

By on Monday, September 01, 2014

Pros: "Great features"

Cons: "None really"

"Not a single problem to report in 37000 miles. Fuel economy is outstanding. I average 27 around town and have gotten as high as 34 on the hwy. Excellent and quiet cruiser on the open road. Enough power for safe passing on secondary roads. I looked at the Honda, Chevy and Ford small SUV's and ended up with the KIA for the price and long list of standard features. We currently own 2 KIA's and I would recommend them to anyone."

Hands down best value ! - owned for 2 years

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Best Value, spacious, attractive design"

Cons: "Thick window pillars"

"When I bought this car, I was comparing it to the following vehicles: Honda CRV, Toyota Rav4, Hyundai Tuscon, Mitsubishi Outlander Sport, VW Tiguan, and the Subaru Forester. All these vehicles are in a similar price range. VALUE: 10/10 The first thing I noticed when comparing the prices and options was that the Hyundai and Kia models were a much better value. Things that came standard on the Kia and Hyundai were sold as extras on the other models. This is why I gave this car a 10/10 on value. RELIABILITY: 10/10 I've owned this car for 2 years and I have had no problems whatsoever. The fact that it comes with a 10 year powertrain warranty says a lot about this car's reliability. QUALITY: 9/10 The reason I docked 1 point was because the seat fabric looks a little cheaper looking, but then again I could have paid for the leather package. Everything else is comparable to the other models in terms of quality. DRIVING DYNAMICS: 10/10 This car drives great. Some people complain about the road noise, but I don't notice it much at all. I feel that those that are complaining are probably comparing this car to luxury vehicles in the $30,000+ range. DESIGN: 9/10 In this price range, this car gets a perfect 10/10 for the exterior. KIA and Hyundai have done a 360 and completely redesigned their cars. No more child like looking cars from the past. I love the overall design of both the interior and exterior of the car. I would give the interior an 8/10. The reason I docked 2 points is because of the thick windshield pillars. I find them to be too thick which gives you a rather large blind spot. I suspect that these thick pillars are the reason this car got excellent rollover ratings from the consumerreports website. COMFORT: 8/10 I don't get what people are talking about when they say the seats are uncomfortable. I've driven dozens of cars and I have I would say that these seats are comparable to most vehicles. Of course if you are comparing it to a luxury vehicle, then you might not me so happy. I've driven 300 miles nonstop (LA to Vegas) several times and I have never experienced any discomfort. I'll also add that I'm a skinny guy with less padding on the rear than most! One thing I'll say is that the door arm rests and the center arm rest needs more padding. OVERALL RATING: 9/10 I am very happy with my purchase."

Huge value. $21,500

By on Saturday, August 09, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, low price, style, sporty handling!"

Cons: "Bouncy ride @ low speeds rough roads. At speed O.K"

"Very good dealership in Capitola, Ca. Bought Red with light grey interior. Did you know that exterior was designed by an Audi stylist! Know wonder it looks so gooood in actual metal. Better than photos!"

The most uncomfortable car I have ever had

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pros: "Steering wheel is smooth, visibility"

Cons: "EXTREMELY uncomfortable seats, no interior storage"

"I completely regret getting a 2014 Kia Sportage LX. I test drove an EX with leather seats that were comfortable. However, I decided to go with an LX with fabric seats. I did this because they wanted almost $400 a month for the EX. It's a KIA for crying out loud. Anyway, the drivers seat and positioning is extremely awkward and uncomfortable. The seat is rock hard and digs into your back like a fist. The LX doesn't have many adjustment options. You can only change the height, the back of the chair from back to front, and slide the whole seat forward and back. The steering wheel is positioned awkwardly as it is too tilted forward. The brake pedal sticks out too far so it is uncomfortable accelerating and braking. I was so excited to get something different because I have always had Hondas and they never let me down. Don't be tricked by the Sportage's good looks, go with a Honda CRV, Toyota Rav 4 or Subaru Forrester."

A comfortable easy to drive SUV. Very responsive 4

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pros: "Easy handling, excellent driving position."

Cons: "Lack of fold flat resr seats;black interior."

"The only drawback is the lack of rear seat cupholders, and a black interior. Never again on a black interior. The only other pet peeve is the lack of being able to fold the rear seats down flat for a completely flat rear cargo space."

Love this car! Quick and zippy, cute inside & out!

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "Great Price, Fun to Drive"

Cons: "Interior Carpet"

"Love this car! Quick and zippy, cute inside & out!"

Very reliable, great value

By on Thursday, July 03, 2014

"Ride a little rough, black interior shows stains that are difficult to remove"

Great car

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "Great car"

Cons: "Couldn't. Find any"

"Great car"

Good value for the money, fun to drive

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "fun, looks good, many features, compact design"

Cons: "winter road handling, mpg s/b better"

"It's a very nice small SUV, "a cute ute" with a lot of bells and whistles and decent mpg. It has been good to me, no issues...and the maneuverability, handling and overall appearance is nice. It is limited in rear cargo space and towing capability, so I can't imagine really using this to do anything off-road or adventurous. It's a 4-banger which is great for commuting and everyday errands. Have to say the traction in winter is bad...could be the 18" rims and low profile tires but I say it just not a good winter vehicle. Yet overall, better than average vehicle. For the right location and right person, it will be perfect."

I love my Sportage

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Pros: "Style, comfort and adjustability, accessories"

Cons: "could be quieter. 23,000 miles and need new tires"

"I have been exceptionally happy with the Sportage. Perfect size for me, enough cargo space. Like the adjustable height in the driver's seat as well as the heated/cooled front seats. Comfortable on long trips. Leather package holding up well. Is a little noisier than my previous vehicle which was a sedan. Very sharp looking, 3 years old and I still get positive comments from strangers. Panoramic sun roof MPG as advertised"

Good, almost great

By on Saturday, May 10, 2014

"2012 Sportage EX AWD with premium package. I’ve owned the car for about four months now and love it overall – makes me enjoy driving more again. A few positives: looks, peppy, tight turn ratio, smooth riding (except speed bumps). I get ave. 23-25 mpg and 26-38 mpg highway-only. Front seats are not uncomfortable, but could be slightly more “cushy”. I have to say the biggest irritation with the car is oddly the steering wheel position – at its farthest it does not come down near low enough for me and I am an average 5’6 125lbs. It is a very oddly frustrating thing they missed in this design flaw; if I sit with the seat in the right position for the wheel, my head is almost touching the roof nor far from the pillar and I don’t feel safe. If I sit at a comfortable level from the roof, the steering wheel is so high it feels like attempting to drive a bus. It lessens my steering ability ease and quickness, which would be more dangerous in a jam. I have already noticed a hindrance a few times. Other negatives, in order of importance: (1) solid front corner, back corner, and rear blind spots (even with convex stick-on mirrors) (2) very low paint quality not made to last for the long-term: looks good, but there is only 36k on my car and a PLETHORA of small dings and chips over the entire front of the car. My 120k mile, 14-year-old Mustang didn’t even have those. (3) The premium sound does not contain speakers nor produce sound most would consider “premium” and what one expects to receive when purchasing this option for a reason. I believe all they did was add more speakers and an amp, leading to (4) there is absolutely no sound leveling, so the bass level between one song to the next is atrocious and impossible not to notice, even if the volume is not up high. One will thump you out of the car and the next song you couldn’t hear bass if you have it at 100%; disturbing. Also, the only thing I have found that does not function on the vehicle – is the speed-based-volume. (5) There is a noise coming from my steering wheel that is only noticed when first starting the car and pulling out – sounds like something simple like plastic or external materials rubbing when turning the wheel, but who am I to say it isn’t something more serious. (6) I am a woman I found that the gas pedal is dangerous while wearing heels (again, something that never existed with the Mustang. My heels slides on the plastic piece attached to the bottom of the pedal, forcing me to take them off to drive; I have carpeted what I could, but still don’t feel is a non-issue as was in previous car. (7) Sometimes somewhere between 1st and 3rd gear the car acts like it’s not sure what it wants to do so stutters, or more accurately – it feels like when you shift a stick shift of a truck into gear. Has only been minor so far – hoping it stays a non-issue. (8) The back seat does not recline nor move. Appears they added this feature on the new models. Cheapness: The first test-drive, I passed on the car solely because my logic was if the interior felt this cheap (mainly the dash and hollow “handles” surrounding the cup holders), that doesn’t reassure me that the mechanics are not the same and this car will last me over the years. I still have a concern for this for the future because after purchasing the car, I found that I can bend in both the front and back bumper areas with my fingers. WOW; talk about solid. ?! However, even with those drawbacks (could also do without the entirely-glass roof - gives me anxiety), I still really like the vehicle. As long as nothing major changes, I could definitely keep this long term."

Owned this SUV for a week now.

By on Saturday, May 03, 2014

Pros: "great feeling machine. fantastic value"

Cons: "cant complain about a thing"

"Owned this vehicle for a week now. Second KIA I've owned in the past year. First one was a Soul 2U 2010. No real issues with it. Decided to jump into a new KIA. The sportage with the GDI 2.4 and a 6 speed stick is very peppy! If you're light footed the fuel economy is acceptable (at around 10 l per 100 km) Great feel while driving. Everything is tight and performs at a level above what you might expect for the dollar amount. I would definitely recommend looking into a KIA product and doing a comparison. Extremely happy with my purchase"

Overall great vehicle

By on Friday, April 25, 2014

"Nothing other than routine maintenance required on it. Reliable. Here in mountains of PA, the weather/roads get slippery in the winter. Did not do well (even with AWD) until I placed winter tires on it and it then went like a tank. Gas mileage decent also."

Great car for the price.

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "great price, comfortable seats, great value"

Cons: "not very good speakers"

"This is my second Kia Sportage, and I would definitely but it again. Very good value for the money. The only "problem" I ever seen so far is not very good speakers. I would certainly buy different car if I had bigger budget, but for this price, I cannot see better deal."

Fantastic car

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Pros: "Great value"

Cons: "could use an 18 gallon gas tank instead of 16."

"I rented one of these on a recent vacation and put it at the top of my shopping list. I'm tall and have a bad back. A small SUV is easier to get in and out of for me, so I got the Sportage EX with all the options. I traded a 2012 Optima EX with 78K miles for this car last Friday night. Got a fabulous deal. Never had one problem with the Kia Optima. Least expensive car to maintain that I've ever owned. We also have a 2012 Kia Sedona van. Incredible products at any price."

Best Car Ever

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, fun to drive, back up sensors are amazing!"

Cons: "Wouldn't mind if it had a little more room in back"

"Might have done a review on this car before so this might just be an update. Still loving the Sportage!!! My husband and I had been looking for a car to replace my Ford Windstar for a couple of years, but every time we would test drive a vehicle that we thought could be the one, it ended up really falling short of our expectations. I had really liked the new look of the Sportage and had previously owned a Hyundia and hoped the Kia was up to snuff. We test drove the Honda CRV and I didn't care for the seats, they were hard and uncomfortable. It drove well but I didn't want to be in it for more than a few minutes. I never thought my husband would go for a Kia, he is a ford/Jeep kind of guy, but he drove it and agreed it felt good. He also liked the safety rating on the Sportage, being we have two little princesses to drive around. They and into lacrosse and cheer and the back holds all their gear, plus our 60 pound dog! Couldn't be more happy with this vehicle, so glad we waited to make the right choice!"

Quick and sporty

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas mileage."

Cons: "Hard sporty ride, hard seats, but that's how we !"

"Owned car for 1.5 years. Very sporty, great gas mileage, quick and nimble. A small suv but does not look like the rest of the SUVs that size. Regular maintenance, just oil, filter and lub every 7500 miles. I have the upgraded SX model, it's loaded, would cost $20k more if a infinity or Acura. Push start very cool. Great tires and rims too."

Turned out to be a disappointment.

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Expensive in the long run (fuel and parts)"

"I was very happy when I bought this car. It was loaded and I really enjoyed the roominess and the experience of a cross-over. Over time, however, I noticed that I was not getting the mileage that the manufacturer said I would get. Turns out, they admitted that this year and model was incorrectly advertised for the mileage it would actually get. Had problems with the rear window wiper; had to replace it (the whole arm) twice in three years (the second time the part was just over one year old). This is the last Kia I will buy."

One of the best vehicles I have owned. FANTASTIC

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Avg 28 MPG, Comfortable, Panorama!"

Cons: "Shocks are a little tight so you feel the potholes"

My Beautiful STELLA!

"One of the best vehicles I have owned. FANTASTIC, from the great AWD, to the roomy interior, to the great sound system. I would not hesitate to recommend this car to anyone, I've had mine since it had 2 miles on it."

My Beautiful STELLA!