2011 Kia Sportage

Based on 137 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Great for the price!

By on Thursday, June 30, 2016

Pros: "Too many too list."

Cons: "Motor a little on the noisy side, not a deal brkr"

"Great SUV for the $20k price tag. Ours is AWD cloth interior, the seat material is a firm type of fabric that is durable and extremely easy to clean. My wife who had previously owned and driven Bmw's and Ltz Tahoes was very surprised and fell in love with her Kia which she calls "The Scoot". The only drawback that I could find which is a common complaint is that there isn't enough sound proofing under the hood, if you pay attention you can tell that the motor is a little on the loud side, but hardly a deal breaker or a major compliant. The resale value is excellent on this model as well as other Kia SUV's. My neighbor is an auto wholesaler and he loves to buy and sell the Sportages due to there reliability and styling and easy turn around. I also like the fact that you can lock in the AWD to 50/50 or leave it in normal drive mode which is 20/80 thus conserving fuel. The best thing Kia did was hiring the guy who designed and revitalized Audis brand name. He really helped Kia become an affordable household vehicle."

I love it, love it, love it!!

By on Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Pros: "Great price, looks sporty, and it is fun to drive."

Cons: "Minor visibility issue."

"Great SUV! We purchased it during the winter months and it outdid our expectations on the snowy roads. The steering seemed a little bulky at first, but I think that was just me getting used to an SUV again. The visibility is a little poor near the driver's front and left fender area due to the interior design. Overall,I really enjoy driving my Sportage!"

comfortable, good milage. and very dependable.

By on Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Pros: "great pickup, steers well. comfortable,"

Cons: "terrable paint job."

"Steering column had to be fixed. Some dealerships not so good."

Proud Kia Sportage owner

By on Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"I'm in love with my 2011 Kia Sportage EX Premium. If you asked me a year ago, I would have told you that I would never drive a Kia. I love everything about it. The styling, handling, features, warranty, etc. The bluetooth is great and easy to use, love the streaming audio, push button start, and especially the panoramic moonroof."

Great car for the money

By on Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pros: "best price for small SUV vs quality and warranty"

Cons: "little visibility on the back"

"Well, this car scores really really high on safety while price is still much less than many other makes. I was amazed to see what the diference is in car crash between 2,3,4,5 star safety rating. This Kia has 5 stars and that was my first and most important thing when buyng new car. I have two little kids and safety comes first. No need to go on with all the extras this car has to increase safety. Design is great and you can tell that ex-audi guy is involved in the make of the design. While inside most of it is plastic still doesnt feel as cheap as you would think. Very stirdy and no loose parts. Really, the only bad thing i noticed so far about having so much plastic is when i put to max the volume, the belt for the back seat on the right is making anyong sound and I strapped it so it is not loose. The sound with the sub-woofer is more than good. I really like it actualy. I love the way it feels while driving. Cant understand the ppl complaing about the ride. This is sportier car and hard suspension is what makes it more sporty. For smal SUV the car got really great MPG. I would like to have more than 170HP but it seems to do just fine on hills and passing trucks and cars when needed. The cruise control however is the biggest let down i guess. The speed drops with 4 even 5 miles untill the gas kicks in to reach the set up speed again. Not a big deal, but i noticed this really early on compering it to our other cars we have/had. Whlie backing out of parking lot is not supposed to be that hard since it is fairly small framed car for SUV, with this car it can be a chalange. Visibility is realy bad. Dont buy it without the back up camera. The cam is what is solving the problem. But if you like to check on your rear view mirror all the time, you will be disapointed. Side view mirrors will be your best freinds instead. To see something in the rear view mirror there has to be perfect angle between the mirror, your eye sight and back windshiled. Overal I will recomend the car to ppl with not more than 4 members in the family and ppl which are ok with stiff ride. You cant beat the price though. It took me more than 6 months of comparing and on a paper there is a clear winner. If you dont have money to spend on fancy car this KIA is the way to go. Best small SUV out there for money vs quality."

Great Little Vehicle

By on Friday, January 7, 2011

"Traded in a Vibe looking to get into a small vehicle with good gas mileage. Very comfortable vehicle and averaging 26 to 27 mpg. Compared to Vibe, very roomy and very good pickup as well with the 6 speed trany, even for a 4 cyl. After research, I found this to be the best all around buy for the $$$'s with many standard features that are optional on other vehicles. Great warranty too. Yet to see on reliability but so far so good at 3k miles over a few months. Very happy thus far, good vehicle at good price."

Be careful where you get oil changes

By on Monday, November 19, 2012

Pros: "Great gas milage, very comfortable on long trips"

Cons: "Maintenance cannot be done anywhere but KIA"

"I owned this car for a year and a half and loved it! Great ride, big enough for growing kids in the back seat, nice sound, etc. I took it for regular oil changes and maintanance at the Jiffy Lube down the street since the Kia dealership was way on the other side of town, 45 minutes minimum each way. Then the engine blows up (not quite literally but close). Turns out the after market oil filter the jiffy lube used did not have a tiny spring in it that the Kia needed (not mentioned in the owners manual BTW) and now my engine has $5,194 worth of engine damage that is not covered by warranty. Unless you know for a fact that you will take this to the dealership for all maintenance, do not risk it."

Love mine. Happy with my choice.

By on Friday, August 26, 2011

Pros: "Stunner, tons of features, great value"

Cons: "ride isn't the smoothest"

"I love mine. I got a red EX 4WD. It's a great little car, good on gas, really good looking, lots of features for very little money. I wasn't really in the market for a small SUV, but once I drove it and started to think of the benefits of having more cargo room and 4WD, I went for it. It doesn't have the smoothest ride...definitely more of a "jeepy" feel than a sedan. The only thing I don't like about it is the middle seatbelt in the back, which is anchored to the ceiling...very strange. But for the money, I don't think there's anything close."

Pleasantly Surprised

By on Wednesday, October 6, 2010

"I just purchased the 2011 Sportage less than a month ago. The Kia captured my attention with the new European Design and testimony of other Kia owners. Given the price was right, I decided to trade in my Jeep and enjoy the greater MPG. I am glad I made the switch. The ride is smooth and the interior is very spacious. Keep your eye on KIA."

Meets my needs and wants perfectly.

By on Sunday, August 23, 2015

Pros: "Stylish, quiet, practical and a great price."

Cons: "I wish it had a remote tail gate opener."

"The longer I own this car the more I love it. I have the EX model with the Premium Package with FWD. I recently drove it on a 1400 mile road trip and while I admit that the suspension is quite stiff, it did not detract from my comfort. I was surprised about that. I wanted a stylish vehicle with a quiet cabin that I could put a bike rack on that I could get for under 30k and the Sportage ticked off all of those boxes. I had a Honda CRV previous to my KIA and the road noise in the cabin would drive me crazy because I had to blast the radio in order to hear it. Not the case with the KIA Sportage."