2011 Kia Sportage

Based on 133 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

I LOVE MY SPORTAGE!!

By on Saturday, September 10, 2011

Pros: "FUN, SPORTY, STYLISH, SAFETY, FEATURES, GOOD PRICE FOR THE QUALITY OF THIS VEHICLE."

Cons: "little bit bumpy ride."

"I just bought a 2012 red kia sportage ex. It is such a fun, stylish, top quality car! I am very happy with my purchase. I feel safe with my children in this car. FUN FUN FUN!"

Love my Sportage

By on Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Pros: "Gorgeous looks, fun to drive, precise, reliable"

Cons: "Engine noise, poor front seats, thick A pillars"

"Got a used 2014 Sportage with 32000 miles on it. However, it looks and feels almost brand new. Real smooth to drive. Love almost everything about it and it looks absolutely unlike anything on the roads. I feel safe and comfortable in it. The dashboard and centre console is neat and meaningful which is a really big thing for me. I absolutely despise the busy fussy curvy dashboards. Minimal, clearly marked and neatly laid out buttons you push and rotate are what is needed when you are driving. Also love the sound system - its unlike any other car of a similar price range that I have seen. The car feels precise, and a bit sporty. You get an awesome steering feedback, but have to live with a stiff suspension. Seating height is very good and to my liking, though the front seats lack lumbar support. Rear seating space is really good - lots of leg room and head room and a flat floor. Lots of clean cargo space too and the cargo floor is at a perfect height from the ground. Greenhouse is pretty good with great front visibility, but the A-pillars could have been thinner. You have to crane your neck to lookout for an incoming car when taking a left curve on winding roads. I didn't have any issues with rear visibility though - instead I think that curved rear is one of the best looking parts of this car. I'm getting around 20mpg in city. No issues with the car yet. Braking and handling is all to my liking. My only complaint is that it somehow lacks the punch when pressed up from an idling state of 60-75mph. Seems like it went to sleep and I have to press real hard to wake it up out of slumber when it downshifts and accelerates. It may be a driving behaviour thing or a thing with the automatic transmission, but it sometimes makes me less confident while changing to higher speed lanes. That being said, it quickly gathers speed in the 40-60 range, and also feels pretty capable beyond 75. Additionally, the idle engine noise is pretty high for my liking and it only gets higher when accelerating from zero. Feels like i've turned on a truck. The noise can even be heard inside the cabin and does feel uncomfortable having experienced other cars with pretty silent cabins. Inspite of a few negative things that I pointed out, it is a car that gives you greater value for money than any other car out there without cutting down on quality, functionality and reliability. Love it. Its a neat little fun, reliable and meaningful car."

Proud Kia Sportage owner

By on Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"I'm in love with my 2011 Kia Sportage EX Premium. If you asked me a year ago, I would have told you that I would never drive a Kia. I love everything about it. The styling, handling, features, warranty, etc. The bluetooth is great and easy to use, love the streaming audio, push button start, and especially the panoramic moonroof."

Great Little Vehicle

By on Friday, January 07, 2011

"Traded in a Vibe looking to get into a small vehicle with good gas mileage. Very comfortable vehicle and averaging 26 to 27 mpg. Compared to Vibe, very roomy and very good pickup as well with the 6 speed trany, even for a 4 cyl. After research, I found this to be the best all around buy for the $$$'s with many standard features that are optional on other vehicles. Great warranty too. Yet to see on reliability but so far so good at 3k miles over a few months. Very happy thus far, good vehicle at good price."

Be careful where you get oil changes

By on Monday, November 19, 2012

Pros: "Great gas milage, very comfortable on long trips"

Cons: "Maintenance cannot be done anywhere but KIA"

"I owned this car for a year and a half and loved it! Great ride, big enough for growing kids in the back seat, nice sound, etc. I took it for regular oil changes and maintanance at the Jiffy Lube down the street since the Kia dealership was way on the other side of town, 45 minutes minimum each way. Then the engine blows up (not quite literally but close). Turns out the after market oil filter the jiffy lube used did not have a tiny spring in it that the Kia needed (not mentioned in the owners manual BTW) and now my engine has $5,194 worth of engine damage that is not covered by warranty. Unless you know for a fact that you will take this to the dealership for all maintenance, do not risk it."