• 2014 Compact SUVs

2011 Kia Sportage

8.4

Based on 100 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Fantastic car

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Pros: "Great value"

Cons: "could use an 18 gallon gas tank instead of 16."

"I rented one of these on a recent vacation and put it at the top of my shopping list. I'm tall and have a bad back. A small SUV is easier to get in and out of for me, so I got the Sportage EX with all the options. I traded a 2012 Optima EX with 78K miles for this car last Friday night. Got a fabulous deal. Never had one problem with the Kia Optima. Least expensive car to maintain that I've ever owned. We also have a 2012 Kia Sedona van. Incredible products at any price."

Best Car Ever

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, fun to drive, back up sensors are amazing!"

Cons: "Wouldn't mind if it had a little more room in back"

"Might have done a review on this car before so this might just be an update. Still loving the Sportage!!! My husband and I had been looking for a car to replace my Ford Windstar for a couple of years, but every time we would test drive a vehicle that we thought could be the one, it ended up really falling short of our expectations. I had really liked the new look of the Sportage and had previously owned a Hyundia and hoped the Kia was up to snuff. We test drove the Honda CRV and I didn't care for the seats, they were hard and uncomfortable. It drove well but I didn't want to be in it for more than a few minutes. I never thought my husband would go for a Kia, he is a ford/Jeep kind of guy, but he drove it and agreed it felt good. He also liked the safety rating on the Sportage, being we have two little princesses to drive around. They and into lacrosse and cheer and the back holds all their gear, plus our 60 pound dog! Couldn't be more happy with this vehicle, so glad we waited to make the right choice!"

Quick and sporty

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas mileage."

Cons: "Hard sporty ride, hard seats, but that's how we !"

"Owned car for 1.5 years. Very sporty, great gas mileage, quick and nimble. A small suv but does not look like the rest of the SUVs that size. Regular maintenance, just oil, filter and lub every 7500 miles. I have the upgraded SX model, it's loaded, would cost $20k more if a infinity or Acura. Push start very cool. Great tires and rims too."

Turned out to be a disappointment.

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Expensive in the long run (fuel and parts)"

"I was very happy when I bought this car. It was loaded and I really enjoyed the roominess and the experience of a cross-over. Over time, however, I noticed that I was not getting the mileage that the manufacturer said I would get. Turns out, they admitted that this year and model was incorrectly advertised for the mileage it would actually get. Had problems with the rear window wiper; had to replace it (the whole arm) twice in three years (the second time the part was just over one year old). This is the last Kia I will buy."

One of the best vehicles I have owned. FANTASTIC

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Avg 28 MPG, Comfortable, Panorama!"

Cons: "Shocks are a little tight so you feel the potholes"

My Beautiful STELLA!

"One of the best vehicles I have owned. FANTASTIC, from the great AWD, to the roomy interior, to the great sound system. I would not hesitate to recommend this car to anyone, I've had mine since it had 2 miles on it."

My Beautiful STELLA!

Drives realy nice Good value for the money

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "looks,Quality,Performence"

Cons: "noise"

"Overall the Kia Sportage is a real nice car. the only thing I would like to see improved is the noise level and a little smoother ride.You can't beat the Warrenty."

Love the car, LOTS of compliments on it. An issue

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

"I would change if I could would be the front roof posts are wide and thus create a blind spot that requires extra alertness. Otherwise great vehicle, love the 6 spd transmission and living in Wisconsin I have had quite a few opportunities to use the AWD feature and it is at least as effective as the 4wd Jeep Liberty I traded."

2011 Kia Sportage - Low Miles - Single Owner

By on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

"Grey exterior, leather interior, dual sun roofs, excellent condition, only 24,000 miles. Looks brand new and still has new car smell! Firm $18,500 Blue book is $19,700"

2013 Kia Sportage SX AWD w/Turbo

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Sporty, great priced, great milage, fun to drive"

Cons: "No digital speedometer, no rear heat/ac vents/cont"

"My husband and I just bought this vehicle in black. Talk about sporty and stylish! We LOVE this vehicle! The only thing we would change about it, is we would love to have a digital speedometer. It is so easy to go way over the speed limit without realizing it, yes, I know there is a speedometer provided, however the digital read out keeps you more alert. This vehicle provides such a super smooth ride, my husband was surprised at how much he really enjoys driving this Kia. We have the heat & cooled seats, which have come in handy already for winter time. Just wished the same was provided for the back seat. Love the dual side heat/air controls, however there is room and the right style to have a split heat/air for the backseat, which is a shame this vehicle is not equipped with. Over all though, we are very happy with our new car (well, new to us)."

Best vehicle I have owned ever!

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "AWD mpg, Sirrius radio/traffic, GPS, fit & finish"

Cons: "no power passenger seat, thick "C" pillar"

"I am not your typical Sportage buyer, (6' 2" and 285 lbs). I was 64 years old when I bought it! In 50 years of buying cars, vans and SUVs I had never bought a vehicle the first year of production until I bought my AWD 2011 Kia Sportage EX . I got all the options and the "Orange" interior package, so I missed out on the cooled seats ( no big loss). I later added the LED interior light package, side step running boards and the hood protector. looking at adding puddle lights now. roof rack and trailer hitch in the summer. Updated my map last year and the new version is vastly superior than the old map. Basically all I have done to it is change oil every 3000 miles and had the Kia recommended service and put gas in it. There have not been any other problems with it. other than I get BETTER highway milage than the 28mpg listed. My best so far has been 31.7mpg (no that is NOT a typo!) All Kia needs to do to improve the Sportage is use more soft touch materials on the dash and doors, add a power passenger seat, add shift paddles, and add a porthole in the "C" pillar and. an oil pressure and amp gauges would be a nice addition to the instrument cluster. Any vehicle I get after my Sportage EX will have a difficult time in matching it in fun to drive, initial build quality, lack of problems and sharp exterior styling."

Great car for the price.

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "Price, reliability, comfort."

Cons: "Steering less than precise."

"I am 75 years old and a complete car nut. I have owned over 110 (yes, you read it right) cars since my 16th birthday. I have had muscle cars in the late 60s and luxury cars as I grew more mature. From Cadillacs, to hot-rods, to VWs. This Kia ranks among the best. Reliable, comfortable, inexpensive to buy and operate. I would buy one again."

HappyMama

By on Thursday, January 16, 2014

"I owned a 2005 V6 Kia Sportage but for divorce purposes had to trade in for another vehicle. I liked my 2005 so I went with another Sportage. I never owned a brand new vehicle before but figured why not. The 2013 Sportage is amazing. 4 cylinder but so much more power & better on gas than my 2005. I can't be happier. she's a great car that I would recommend to anyone looking for a small SUV, plus the features that come with the 2013 compared to my old one, awesome."

I loved my Sportage

By on Wednesday, December 11, 2013

"I bought my Sportage use with 30,000 miles on it. I drove my Sportage for almost 100,000 miles before someone hit it while it was parked in front of my home. They totaled it. But I could of gotten another 100,000 out of easily. The only thing I did was regular maintenance on the vehicle. I am really considering buying another one. I drove that car to ME, SC, TN and IL without a single problem. The ride was comfortable and the gas mileage was reasonable. I will miss my Sportage greatly."

Worst Vehicle EVER!!!

By on Saturday, November 09, 2013

Pros: "none"

Cons: "everything"

"Rotten gas mileage, suppose to get 31 highway, doesn't even get 18; even with alignment, off center and handles rough; terrible blind spots by side view mirrors and window posts."

Best small SUV Ever!!!

By on Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pros: "roomy, comfy, looks great, handles well, fun"

Cons: "wish it got better gas mileage"

"Before buying this vehicle, my husband and I looked at many different kinds of small SUV's. I thought this one looked the best, very eye catching design, and sleek. My husband wanted a car that handled well, and had good safety reviews. We have two children and a 60 pound dog we have to fit in also, and this car could handle all those demands! In the trunk area there is plenty of room for our dog, in fact we could fit another back there comfortably. Our girls always want to bring friends with us on our trips, and we can fit 3 kids in the back no problem, even in car seats and booster seats! We got DVD players in both headrest now, and I can't imagine ever getting rid of this car! It has get up and go for getting on the freeway, and it's a very smooth ride. Other than the fact that it's black cherry and shows ever little particle of dirt, I can't find one thing I'd change about my SUV!"

LOVE THIS LITTLE "TANK"!!

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

"Have had Sportage for a year & am extremely pleased with everything about it. I am almost 6 ft & it has plenty of room. Handles very well in city traffic & plenty of power on freeway. Adequate cargo space especially with backseat folded down. Definitely recommend it & will stick with Kia for future vehicles."

Awsome ride

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pros: "looks, comfort, economy, power, 5 star crash rate"

"After driving many full size pickups and owning compact cars I found the ride, performance and quality very rewarding. The dynamic suspension makes this vehicle corner very well I was surprized. Fuel milage is better than I expected, I am glad that I did not get the sx model the ex has plenty of power. The interior is very comfortable and everything is simple to use. The UVO entertainment system work great I like the hands free funcktions for radio and phone controls. The only thing I did not like was that with the push button start option you can not get the remote start funcktion. I would recoment this vehicle to any one looking for a vehicle that is practical and fun to drive."

Cons: "Hard riding and cheap interior. No nav. system."

"My roommate bought this car and I just had my first ride. He purchased the lowest level with 4 wheel drive available. I could not wait to get out of it. The suspension, seats and ride was so stiff, I hurt riding in this vehicle for only 5 miles. The user interface for smart phone access is very cheap looking and has limited options. In my opinion, this car is already outdated as new and will have little resale value. I do like the looks and the paint but that is the only saving grace of this vehicle. If you want a cheep 4 wheel drive then this is for you."

Great suv for money

By on Saturday, June 22, 2013

Pros: "Lots of options for money"

Cons: "Blind spots, nav sys screen needs to be recessed"

"I use this vehicle for work, 40,000 miles in less than 2 years, just change oil and rotate tires, no problems! Blind spots in front do take getting used to, an auto open and close rear door would be great. Very happy with vehicle so far!"

looks great runs great

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

"I is a great car. The best I have had in a long time. After I bought it I found out that many people in my office have the same car. My brother bought one as well. it looks great and runs great. This is my second KIA"

So far best Auto Purchase I've had

By on Friday, March 29, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, Stylish and very ECO for a SUV."

Cons: "Minor, just blind spots when changing lanes"

"I bought my 2013 Sportage SX T-GDI in January 2013. I originally was looking to purchase the EX model with the Premium Package upgrade, then realized almost everything in the Premium Package was in the SX. The first few weeks it seemed like i was filling up the gas tank a lot (avg'd 18 mpg), however now that the ECO drive has observed how my driving is, I'm getting 28 mpg on avg. Its even better on Long Traveling trips, EXCELLECT on gas then!! If there was one down side to it, the blind spots are a little harder to see, however by using the side view and the rear view mirrors before turning your head seems to help. I had a Jetta GLS before this and got used to the "better items" it had standard, however the Sportage has everything my Jetta did plus A LOT more. So far all I can say is this was the best car buying decision I've ever made and I'm now hooked on KIA!! BRAVO on a great Product KIA!!"

Easy to drive and comfortable.

By on Monday, March 18, 2013

Pros: "Love this car. My favorite of all my cars."

Cons: "Blind area sides, some road noise"

"There is some road noise and blind spots on the sides by back. Have to be careful changing lanes. Other than that, love the car. Handles great. Feels safer than other cars that I have owned. Bought it for driving in winter conditions with the all wheel drive and safety of side airbags. Love being able to talk on phone safely with bluetooth."

I like this car except for the ride.

By on Thursday, March 07, 2013

Pros: "Great price"

Cons: "Not such a nice ride"

"The ride in this car is not exceptional.The sattelite radio and navigation are wonderful."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25