• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2010 Kia Sportage

Based on 303 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Best Vehicle I Have Ever Owned

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pros: "Great price, excell quality, excell reliability"

Cons: "I don't have any"

"I bought this vehicle new and honestly, I have never, ever had a problem with this vehicle. When I do trade for a new one I will feel sad to let this little jewel go. I have had Fords, Chevy's, Dodge, Mercury, Mitsubishi vehicles in my lifetime and none, absolutely none gave me the service this vehicle has. I usually have had to trade the others when they reached 70,000 miles because they started to nickel and dime me to death, not this vehicle. This vehicle has never so much as given me a rattle or squeak in its lifetime. Kia did a remarkable job in building this vehicle and when I trade, you can bet it will be for another Kia. I don't look to buy vehicles based on how expensive they are, because they only get you from point A to point B. So to have the flash and bells and whistles like many of the more high end and expensive vehicles do is just ridiculous. As it is if you want bells and whistles you can add them to your Kia. Kia has an excellent product and the right price for that product in my book. You can have a 40-50 thousand dollar vehicle and when it gets in a collision you just may well lose that. That's a big loss which I choose not to take, not to mention if it is your fault your insurance goes up and on top of that the premium you must pay just to have that expensive vehicle insured. No thank you, I'll stick with my Kia and a much lower insurance rate. Excellent vehicle, excellent price, excellent reliability, excellent quality. As I said, it only gets you from point A to point B to begin with so why does anybody want to pay 40-50 thousand dollars for a vehicle in the first place is beyond me. For a lot of people that live in cities (at least in my area) most of the city houses are valued below 100 thousand dollars, so you are saying their vehicles are on average half the price of their house. And it doesn't even come with a bed, refrigerator, stove or dishwasher. No, I'll stick with the Kia brand. One added note here. This little vehicle has had at least 1200 pounds in it as a load when I put the rear seats down, that is not counting two passengers. Yeah, it isn't a truck and yeah it did weigh the back end down so my headlights pointed up in the air a bit, but you know what? As long as I didn't act like I was on a drag strip it got me, my passenger and the load home without any problems. I would not recommend doing that on a regular basis though as it could be bad for the rear suspension. This just goes to show the excellent workmanship Kia put into this vehicle."

Great Vehicle for the money!

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pros: "Great price,"

Cons: "The back seats aren't very comfortable"

"I've owned my Sportage since 2007 and have put over 146,000 on it. Overall, it has been incredibly reliable with no major issues. There have been some minor issues, like with the sunroof, seat warmers, and windshield wipers, but as much as I drive (over 70 miles daily, sometimes on gravel), I haven't experienced any mechanical issues, knock on wood! The battery is still original to the car, too...it has been "dead" a couple of times, but it has come back after charging it. I test drove a BMWx3 prior to purchasing my Sportage. For the most part, my Sportage has about everything the BMW had for a fraction of the cost."

Great simple, reliable, around town car

By on Monday, December 23, 2013

Pros: "Low cost, reliable, good cargo capacity"

Cons: "Poor gas mileage, low power"

"This is one of the best values in a car you can buy. Nothing fancy here, not loaded with the latest features but is extremely reliable, very low cost of ownership, not high powered but adequate for what it is. Surprisingly comfortable on the highway. Good cargo capacity."

ADVISED OTHERS TO BUY ONE.

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

Pros: "Easy to drive. Great Price. Many Uses."

Cons: "Location of some controls could be better."

"I love this car. I bought it new in 2006. As soon as a few people saw me driving it, they started asking questions. My mail carrier (rural) bought one after seeing mine and talking about it. I retired in 2005 so have not put as many miles on it as I could have. It is around 40,000. However, it has been reliable and will be useful for me for many more years, I hope. I don't use the 4wd much as I live in an area without much snow. It has been useful a few times though. Lots of room inside for carrying. A little difficult for my Daughter-in-law to get in and out of (she has Cerebral Palsy); but really it is a great vehicle. Easy to control, park, etc. I do wish the buttons for 4WD and ESC were in a different location as I have often accidently pushed them when getting in the car...to my surprise later."

Great little SUV for the price

By on Thursday, December 19, 2013

Pros: "reliable"

Cons: "comfort"

"I have owned this car since new in 2006. My wife drives it on a 100 mile round trip commute 5 days a week. We have never had any major issues with our Sportage. The only thing is the seats are not the most comfortable on long trips. 130K and still going strong. My wife will not let me trade in or Sportage, she says it has another 100K in her. I just purchased a 2014 Kia Soul in November, an I love this kia as well. I am not very fond of KIA dealerships in my area, but like Kia as a brand."

See if you qualify for