2009 Kia Sportage

Based on 324 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

have owned for 4 years, very reliable but ...

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

Pros: "reliable and good quality"

Cons: "lousy traction in bad weather"

"have owned for > 4yrs, very reliable and reasonable ride; does slip easily on wet roads and is terrible on hills in snow. Overall, I have been very happy with car, just wish it had better traction!!!"

I'm in love

By on Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"Love, love, love, Love! This little SUV. I bought this little 2009 only two weeks ago and have been more impressed each and every day. I love the solid feel and reactive steering and beautiful styling. It's built so well. I feel very very safe with all the wonderful safety features. Feel like Kia has gone above and beyond to make this car both a joy to drive and loaded with extras and safety +. The Satellite radio is so fun! Also, very, very comfortable seating. Again, love it! I've had almost 20 cars with some heavy hitting sports cars in that line-up. This little guy is both sporty, fun and extremely affordable- definately one of my favorite cars I've owned."

Best vehicle I've ever owned

By on Friday, August 09, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, dependable, well built"

Cons: "Low arm rest for driver; mpg is good, not great"

"Until my Kia Sportage, I had never owned an SUV; now that I have, I don't want anything else. The Sportage is compact, but roomy; great cargo space, holds everything I need as a plein air artist, plus picnic supplies and cooler. The front seat area is open and feels spacious. Gas mileage is good,not great. I've driven it to work for the past five years, and I travel over an hour to work, which says something about its comfort. I have a 21 yr. old son, and though it's not "cool" for him to drive, he still doesn't mind carpooling with me. My husband chose the Kia for me, after I was exhausted and no longer cared about a car. He did an excellent job. I love my Kia Sportage!"

2009 Sportage

By on Thursday, February 04, 2010

"Have about 6000 mile on it now. got the 4 cyl. It's a bit under powered but it runs and drives beautiful. I like the styling, it has standard features like 6 air bags and 4 wheel disc brakes that you don't get with most american cars. It even has reclining seats in the rear, nice touch. MPG is great. I average 26 highway and 23-24 around town. Got mine with a $3500. rebate and at $17,600 it's a great value. The only thing i'd change is i'd go to the 6 cyl. T J"

Good Vehicle

By on Monday, March 01, 2010

"My only complaint is that it doesn't have enough pick up for me. My next car will be a 6 cyclinder or bigger."

By on Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"i had a 2007 KIA sportage and got hit headon by a drunk driver.the sportage did its job when it comes to safety. i bought another one. love my KIA'S"

Oma's Blue Rocket

By on Monday, February 16, 2009

"I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS CAR! I have had it for not quite 2 years now. Took it on a road trip the first summer we had it, 4000 miles and 21 states. Not one problem on the trip. Have had it in for regular maintence and a couple of minor problems with door locks. My husband is seriously considering buying one for himself. I never get to drive mine when the two of us go out together!"

2008 Kia Sportage

By on Friday, January 23, 2009

"Great little SUV! Its all I wanted and more in a SUV. Love the interior space and I have had no problems at all. This is my second one, the first was hit by a Toyota Rav 4. I walked away, the people in the Rav left in a ambulance. I feel safe in my Kia and I loved the price!"

Best car I've ever owned

By on Sunday, October 26, 2008

"I've owned cars since 1956 and this is the best one yet. Just returned from towing a rental trailer 1500 miles with no problems. I'm replacing the original tires at 40,000 miles. The little SUV has all the bells and whistles at a great price and good fuel economy."

Traded a Prius for this

By on Thursday, September 18, 2008

"I've been a Toyota owner since I was 15. I'm now 33 and enjoying this SUV like you can't imagine. I just traded in a 2007 Prius because I didn't drive it enough to utilize the gas milage saving. The monthly payments were way to high and this truck dropped my payment $115 a month and my insurance is lower as well. It's a smooth ride and really comfortable to drive. I can't believe how quiet it is on the highway. I wish it had an auxilary outlet, but I can get that added. I also wish I had keyless entry, but that will be added as well. Other than that, I'm really happy about the purchase and would recommend one to anyone!!!"