2008 Kia Sportage

Based on 330 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

2009 Sportage

By on Thursday, February 04, 2010

"Have about 6000 mile on it now. got the 4 cyl. It's a bit under powered but it runs and drives beautiful. I like the styling, it has standard features like 6 air bags and 4 wheel disc brakes that you don't get with most american cars. It even has reclining seats in the rear, nice touch. MPG is great. I average 26 highway and 23-24 around town. Got mine with a $3500. rebate and at $17,600 it's a great value. The only thing i'd change is i'd go to the 6 cyl. T J"

Best vehicle I've ever owned

By on Friday, August 09, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, dependable, well built"

Cons: "Low arm rest for driver; mpg is good, not great"

"Until my Kia Sportage, I had never owned an SUV; now that I have, I don't want anything else. The Sportage is compact, but roomy; great cargo space, holds everything I need as a plein air artist, plus picnic supplies and cooler. The front seat area is open and feels spacious. Gas mileage is good,not great. I've driven it to work for the past five years, and I travel over an hour to work, which says something about its comfort. I have a 21 yr. old son, and though it's not "cool" for him to drive, he still doesn't mind carpooling with me. My husband chose the Kia for me, after I was exhausted and no longer cared about a car. He did an excellent job. I love my Kia Sportage!"

Traded a Prius for this

By on Thursday, September 18, 2008

"I've been a Toyota owner since I was 15. I'm now 33 and enjoying this SUV like you can't imagine. I just traded in a 2007 Prius because I didn't drive it enough to utilize the gas milage saving. The monthly payments were way to high and this truck dropped my payment $115 a month and my insurance is lower as well. It's a smooth ride and really comfortable to drive. I can't believe how quiet it is on the highway. I wish it had an auxilary outlet, but I can get that added. I also wish I had keyless entry, but that will be added as well. Other than that, I'm really happy about the purchase and would recommend one to anyone!!!"

Great Vehicle for the money!

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pros: "Great price,"

Cons: "The back seats aren't very comfortable"

"I've owned my Sportage since 2007 and have put over 146,000 on it. Overall, it has been incredibly reliable with no major issues. There have been some minor issues, like with the sunroof, seat warmers, and windshield wipers, but as much as I drive (over 70 miles daily, sometimes on gravel), I haven't experienced any mechanical issues, knock on wood! The battery is still original to the car, too...it has been "dead" a couple of times, but it has come back after charging it. I test drove a BMWx3 prior to purchasing my Sportage. For the most part, my Sportage has about everything the BMW had for a fraction of the cost."

Good be better

By on Sunday, August 24, 2008

"2006 Kia Sportage: Replaced windshield week, battery cheap, tires low grade, already need alignment. Road noise is loud and annoying and Kia service stinks no help or friendly service at all. Plan on using your prvt. mech. Overall its versatile design. I love the spilt seats that fold down completely, lots of room, whips around town good, good storage, gas mileage ok good be better. Feel good about the side air bags. Overall its good car for run around sports mom and keeping up with maintenance and replacement of quality tires and battery it does great."