2008 Kia Sportage

Based on 327 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Best vehicle I've ever owned

By on Friday, August 09, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, dependable, well built"

Cons: "Low arm rest for driver; mpg is good, not great"

"Until my Kia Sportage, I had never owned an SUV; now that I have, I don't want anything else. The Sportage is compact, but roomy; great cargo space, holds everything I need as a plein air artist, plus picnic supplies and cooler. The front seat area is open and feels spacious. Gas mileage is good,not great. I've driven it to work for the past five years, and I travel over an hour to work, which says something about its comfort. I have a 21 yr. old son, and though it's not "cool" for him to drive, he still doesn't mind carpooling with me. My husband chose the Kia for me, after I was exhausted and no longer cared about a car. He did an excellent job. I love my Kia Sportage!"

2009 Sportage

By on Thursday, February 04, 2010

"Have about 6000 mile on it now. got the 4 cyl. It's a bit under powered but it runs and drives beautiful. I like the styling, it has standard features like 6 air bags and 4 wheel disc brakes that you don't get with most american cars. It even has reclining seats in the rear, nice touch. MPG is great. I average 26 highway and 23-24 around town. Got mine with a $3500. rebate and at $17,600 it's a great value. The only thing i'd change is i'd go to the 6 cyl. T J"

Oma's Blue Rocket

By on Monday, February 16, 2009

"I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS CAR! I have had it for not quite 2 years now. Took it on a road trip the first summer we had it, 4000 miles and 21 states. Not one problem on the trip. Have had it in for regular maintence and a couple of minor problems with door locks. My husband is seriously considering buying one for himself. I never get to drive mine when the two of us go out together!"

Best car I've ever owned

By on Sunday, October 26, 2008

"I've owned cars since 1956 and this is the best one yet. Just returned from towing a rental trailer 1500 miles with no problems. I'm replacing the original tires at 40,000 miles. The little SUV has all the bells and whistles at a great price and good fuel economy."

Traded a Prius for this

By on Thursday, September 18, 2008

"I've been a Toyota owner since I was 15. I'm now 33 and enjoying this SUV like you can't imagine. I just traded in a 2007 Prius because I didn't drive it enough to utilize the gas milage saving. The monthly payments were way to high and this truck dropped my payment $115 a month and my insurance is lower as well. It's a smooth ride and really comfortable to drive. I can't believe how quiet it is on the highway. I wish it had an auxilary outlet, but I can get that added. I also wish I had keyless entry, but that will be added as well. Other than that, I'm really happy about the purchase and would recommend one to anyone!!!"

Excellent car!

By on Sunday, July 15, 2007

"Bought my '05 and am very happy. I have the basic model which has almost everything I need. Comfortable, Milage 25-25 mpg average. A little underpowered (2L with 5 speed) but it gets me there. tThe back seats fold completely flat and with an air mattress an average peron can sleep comfortably. Handles well and traction control impressive. Brakes and handling are good."

Great Affordable SUV

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"I've been driving the Sportage for over 2 years now and love it! It does well in snow & rain, and we live in a very hilly rural area so it gets lots of different conditions to go through. The interior is very adaptable to any situation we need, with the fold down seats and large cargo area for a smaller SUV. We have had no mechanical problems whatsoever and have higher than average mileage on it. Highly recommended!"

Great Vehicle for the money!

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pros: "Great price,"

Cons: "The back seats aren't very comfortable"

"I've owned my Sportage since 2007 and have put over 146,000 on it. Overall, it has been incredibly reliable with no major issues. There have been some minor issues, like with the sunroof, seat warmers, and windshield wipers, but as much as I drive (over 70 miles daily, sometimes on gravel), I haven't experienced any mechanical issues, knock on wood! The battery is still original to the car, too...it has been "dead" a couple of times, but it has come back after charging it. I test drove a BMWx3 prior to purchasing my Sportage. For the most part, my Sportage has about everything the BMW had for a fraction of the cost."

Great little SUV for the price

By on Thursday, December 19, 2013

Pros: "reliable"

Cons: "comfort"

"I have owned this car since new in 2006. My wife drives it on a 100 mile round trip commute 5 days a week. We have never had any major issues with our Sportage. The only thing is the seats are not the most comfortable on long trips. 130K and still going strong. My wife will not let me trade in or Sportage, she says it has another 100K in her. I just purchased a 2014 Kia Soul in November, an I love this kia as well. I am not very fond of KIA dealerships in my area, but like Kia as a brand."

I love this car!

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

"So dependable, little or no problems over the years, fun to drive. I've had it for almost 8 years and I know it so well, how it handles, what it can do. Obviously not a luxury car, but had everything I could have asked for except heated seats. My first Kia, probably not my last!"

Great price, great car!

By on Monday, March 25, 2013

Pros: "Price, hauling stuff, reliability"

"I have had my Kia Sportage since 2006 and have not had a single issue, other than regular maintenance (light bulbs, oil changes, spark plugs, tires, etc). They provide a 10 year 100,000 mile warranty, and I've hit 120,000 miles with no worries. Whether I've been carting kids around, taking road trips, or hauling lumber, this car has taken me everywhere. I will definitely be looking into getting another Kia."

Would recommend

By on Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"My first Sportage was a 1999 that was totaled in bad weather...they DO roll easily. Seatbelts from that year did not latch correctly and rec'd recall notice about 3 weeks after the accident...I had already discovered this! Even with that, I walked away with nothing but a bruise on my backside where I landed on the passenger side door. I replaced it with a new 2006 Sportage. I've never had anything other than regular maintenance costs for either vehicle (6 1/2 years together)"

2007 Sportage LX

By on Saturday, August 15, 2009

"I bought this KIA used but owned one previousely a 1997 which was awesome off road and in winter this 2007 is no different. Last winter 2008 we had extreme snow for this part of Oregon and I had no problem at all driving in 2 feet of snow and even though I prefer a stick and this is an automatic it does have a manual selection which I use a lot of the time. I have to say this is a great car for the price and I would buy another from my experience with this one."

kia sportage

By on Thursday, July 16, 2009

"I love this car.. its cute and perky and dependable.. the seats fold down nicely and it accually holds a lot of items if transporting. the air conditioner works very fast to cool the car..I have back issues and this car has amazing driving comfort"

By on Friday, June 26, 2009

"This has been a great vehicle."

Hard to go wrong with an '09 Sportage

By on Wednesday, June 24, 2009

"Went from an 07 Honda Element SC into a Kia Sportage LX V6. Fuel economy is equivalent to my 2.4 liter 4 cylinder Element (avg. of 22 mpg) Fit and finish is equivalent to the Element and the value far surpasses Honda if you plan on keeping the vehicle (Kia's resale value is rising, but still below par with the Japanese vehicles)"

Not Recommended

By on Friday, November 28, 2008

"I have the 4-cyl. 2WD version. Better gas mileage around town than highway because it has to rev up so much to keep speed. Also VERY disappointed with the amount of depreciation in such a short time. Only had it since Aug. & it's barely worth what I owe. Definitely doesn't hold any value versus other SUV's. Other than these issues, pleased with the ride, comfort & space."

Over 30,000 miles and still like new!

By on Thursday, October 09, 2008

"I have had my Sportage for 2 years now and have put about 33,000 mile on it. I have yet to have any problems out of the vehicle. The best things about the Sportage is the gas mileage, reliability and handling. The worst thing about the vehicle is the acceleration. The value in this vehicle is amazing. For about $16K I bought a new SUV with alloy wheels, cruise control, power everything, electronic stability control and the list goes on. Overall, a great vehicle and a purchase I have felt good about."

Awesome vehicle!

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2008

"I bought an 07 EX with leather last fall after my previous vehicle was totaled by a drunk driver (it was parked on our street - no one was hurt). I had never thought about a Sportage at all but my rental car from Enterprise happened to be a brand new 07 LX Sportage. I fell in love with it and ended up purchasing one! I've had it for 11 months now and I still absolutely adore it. Very roomy and comfortable and turns a lot of heads. Many people are surprised at how nice Kia's have become. My uncle has a BMW SUV and mine is much roomier and more comfortable inside (according to other family members who have ridden in both). I'm sure he loves those comments - since mine cost soooo much less : ). Kia has come a VERY long way!"

a Good Car, dont' be fooled

By on Saturday, August 30, 2008

"Purchased this car new in 05 for about $14000. Where can you get a brand new SUV for that price. Its has great fit and finish... NO NO NO problems, and pleanty of room for 4 or 5 adults. Gas millage is good for a small SUV (Don't care, I tow my scooter with hit ;-).. and that's towing with a 4 cyl. engine. They put on cheap tires (but it is a VERY inexpensive car). Other than that, very Good quality. People try to compare to Toyota or Honda.. it's just as good but they are THOUSANDS more.. I don't get it. If you're looking for resale value, don't buy, if you want reliable, solid, safe, fun and good mpg.. it's your car."

Good be better

By on Sunday, August 24, 2008

"2006 Kia Sportage: Replaced windshield week, battery cheap, tires low grade, already need alignment. Road noise is loud and annoying and Kia service stinks no help or friendly service at all. Plan on using your prvt. mech. Overall its versatile design. I love the spilt seats that fold down completely, lots of room, whips around town good, good storage, gas mileage ok good be better. Feel good about the side air bags. Overall its good car for run around sports mom and keeping up with maintenance and replacement of quality tires and battery it does great."

I love my Kia

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2008

"I have had our 2006 Kia Sportage for 1 1/2 years and I still love it. The Kia is small enough to fit in anywhere and has the power of a SUV twice it's size. Our Kia has been from Louisiana to California, towed trailers, been packed to the roof and still feels like new. I am glad we decided on the Kia. I would recommend the Sportage to anyone."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Friday, December 28, 2007

"This 2005 KIA Sportage EX 4WD is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. It has never given me any trouble. It is versatile and reliable. It is however a bit "hard" on wiper blades. The rear wiper blade is almost impossible to find a replacement for. I have had to replace the whole wiper arm twice. As for the front, they are different sizes, and quite expensive. If I was driving a BMW or Lexus I would understand but not a KIA. Other than this MINOR issue, this is a GREAT VEHICLE that I would recommend to anyone in the small SUV market."

Great compact SUV

By on Saturday, July 07, 2007

"Having owned a larger Sorento before, I wasn't quite sure what to expect by downsizing to the smaller Sportage, but did so in an effort to improve fuel economy. The Sportage packs in many of the same features I had loaded into my Sorento, and I was even amazed to find a amplifier and woofer mounted under the seats for the stereo system. The speakers could be better however. Acceleration is fine so long as the Air Conditioner is not on, and then you better ensure clear distance before accelerating in traffic. There is no engine compartment noise as compared to the Sorento, and the ride is much smoother. All in all, a very affordable, well equipped SUV for the money. I am waiting to see how this vehicle performs in winter snow."

Great car. Love it

By on Saturday, August 02, 2014

Pros: "Excellent performance."

Cons: "No issues."

"When it comes time to trade it in, I will do so on another Kia. It is a strong reliable car."