2007 Kia Sportage

Based on 330 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

2009 Sportage

By on Thursday, February 04, 2010

"Have about 6000 mile on it now. got the 4 cyl. It's a bit under powered but it runs and drives beautiful. I like the styling, it has standard features like 6 air bags and 4 wheel disc brakes that you don't get with most american cars. It even has reclining seats in the rear, nice touch. MPG is great. I average 26 highway and 23-24 around town. Got mine with a $3500. rebate and at $17,600 it's a great value. The only thing i'd change is i'd go to the 6 cyl. T J"

Best vehicle I've ever owned

By on Friday, August 09, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, dependable, well built"

Cons: "Low arm rest for driver; mpg is good, not great"

"Until my Kia Sportage, I had never owned an SUV; now that I have, I don't want anything else. The Sportage is compact, but roomy; great cargo space, holds everything I need as a plein air artist, plus picnic supplies and cooler. The front seat area is open and feels spacious. Gas mileage is good,not great. I've driven it to work for the past five years, and I travel over an hour to work, which says something about its comfort. I have a 21 yr. old son, and though it's not "cool" for him to drive, he still doesn't mind carpooling with me. My husband chose the Kia for me, after I was exhausted and no longer cared about a car. He did an excellent job. I love my Kia Sportage!"

Traded a Prius for this

By on Thursday, September 18, 2008

"I've been a Toyota owner since I was 15. I'm now 33 and enjoying this SUV like you can't imagine. I just traded in a 2007 Prius because I didn't drive it enough to utilize the gas milage saving. The monthly payments were way to high and this truck dropped my payment $115 a month and my insurance is lower as well. It's a smooth ride and really comfortable to drive. I can't believe how quiet it is on the highway. I wish it had an auxilary outlet, but I can get that added. I also wish I had keyless entry, but that will be added as well. Other than that, I'm really happy about the purchase and would recommend one to anyone!!!"

Great Vehicle for the money!

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pros: "Great price,"

Cons: "The back seats aren't very comfortable"

"I've owned my Sportage since 2007 and have put over 146,000 on it. Overall, it has been incredibly reliable with no major issues. There have been some minor issues, like with the sunroof, seat warmers, and windshield wipers, but as much as I drive (over 70 miles daily, sometimes on gravel), I haven't experienced any mechanical issues, knock on wood! The battery is still original to the car, too...it has been "dead" a couple of times, but it has come back after charging it. I test drove a BMWx3 prior to purchasing my Sportage. For the most part, my Sportage has about everything the BMW had for a fraction of the cost."

Good be better

By on Sunday, August 24, 2008

"2006 Kia Sportage: Replaced windshield week, battery cheap, tires low grade, already need alignment. Road noise is loud and annoying and Kia service stinks no help or friendly service at all. Plan on using your prvt. mech. Overall its versatile design. I love the spilt seats that fold down completely, lots of room, whips around town good, good storage, gas mileage ok good be better. Feel good about the side air bags. Overall its good car for run around sports mom and keeping up with maintenance and replacement of quality tires and battery it does great."

Excellent car!

By on Sunday, July 15, 2007

"Bought my '05 and am very happy. I have the basic model which has almost everything I need. Comfortable, Milage 25-25 mpg average. A little underpowered (2L with 5 speed) but it gets me there. tThe back seats fold completely flat and with an air mattress an average peron can sleep comfortably. Handles well and traction control impressive. Brakes and handling are good."

Great Affordable SUV

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"I've been driving the Sportage for over 2 years now and love it! It does well in snow & rain, and we live in a very hilly rural area so it gets lots of different conditions to go through. The interior is very adaptable to any situation we need, with the fold down seats and large cargo area for a smaller SUV. We have had no mechanical problems whatsoever and have higher than average mileage on it. Highly recommended!"

Great car. Love it

By on Saturday, August 02, 2014

Pros: "Excellent performance."

Cons: "No issues."

"When it comes time to trade it in, I will do so on another Kia. It is a strong reliable car."

Great little SUV for the price

By on Thursday, December 19, 2013

Pros: "reliable"

Cons: "comfort"

"I have owned this car since new in 2006. My wife drives it on a 100 mile round trip commute 5 days a week. We have never had any major issues with our Sportage. The only thing is the seats are not the most comfortable on long trips. 130K and still going strong. My wife will not let me trade in or Sportage, she says it has another 100K in her. I just purchased a 2014 Kia Soul in November, an I love this kia as well. I am not very fond of KIA dealerships in my area, but like Kia as a brand."

I love this car!

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

"So dependable, little or no problems over the years, fun to drive. I've had it for almost 8 years and I know it so well, how it handles, what it can do. Obviously not a luxury car, but had everything I could have asked for except heated seats. My first Kia, probably not my last!"