2007 Kia Sportage

Based on 316 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Great commuter SUV and big dog hauler!

By on Thursday, January 22, 2015

Pros: "Small, roomy, sporty, econmomical, easy to work on"

Cons: "No rearview camera 2007, roof racks noisy"

"Bought mine used from a leasing agency at 20K miles, use it as a daily commuter putting 100+ miles per day on it. Great fit for me (6'2" 250 lbs) plus two big dogs. Best inside feature is that the inside folds completely flat. Only ever had one problem (not counting 2 sets of brakes and 4 sets of tires over the years)with setting rear wheel alignment- had to go to specialty shop when the "usual" places couldn't get it into specs (since brand new). EXTREMELY dependable vehicle and would buy another in a second. With the 4 cyl engine, I added a 2" towbar, towed a 15 ft boat with no problem (flatland in Florida) with only problem being lack of vehicle weight for stopping, not guts (due to gearing). Not an extremely luxurious auto but don't have to worry about dog fur and occasional errant french fry either. EXCELLENT student car, easy to park and nimble with decent looks and style. AWESOME warranty- tho I went to full synthetic oils and changes every 10K after it expired. Normal routine maintenance costs about what you'd expect at any dealership- a kick in the pants for the MANDATORY timing belt/water pump etc. service. No surprise, just a super dependable vehicle that is fun to drive- the smallest SUV I could find that would fit FOUR 6'2" guys for the hour trip to the airport without trash compacting them; and getting 26 MPG at the same time. Great crash ratings- so what's not to like?"

A VERY RELIABLE AND QUALITY SMALL SUV

By on Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Pros: "Fantastic value and holds it's value."

Cons: "Center arm rest is a little too far rearward."

"I have found my Sportage to be fantastic in handling in rain or snow. It rides like a much larger SUV and above all still feels like it did when it was new. No loose feel or loss of performance motor or trans. Also the KIA company has stood behind their product 100%! The quality fit and finish is remarkable for the value. I have the EX with the 2.7 V6 and get about 27 MPG on the highway and consistently over 20 MPG around town. Bottom line I will keep this SUV until the wheels fall off but I know this will never happen."

Excellent Automobile

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Pros: "Excellent auto for price and reliability"

Cons: "vision obstruction(s) no inside/outside thermomete"

"Five years old - 50000 miles - no problems - have followed recommended service intervals Dealership service department excellent"

Great SUV

By on Saturday, December 13, 2014

Pros: "smooth and fun to drive"

Cons: "No COns..."

"I have all of this as a highway miles, I drove 250 miles every 2 weeks , great on highway. Giving me 25 to 27 miles per gallon on highway and 22miles in city. Lot more then the Car expect to give. Using AMSoil changing oil every 25kmiles. Great driving. Smooth as brand new SUV's."

Cheap Foriegn Car

By on Monday, December 08, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "no resale value"

"Peppy on take off/Fair fuel mileage/Ugly with fair interior"