2006 Kia Sportage

Based on 330 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Good be better

By on Sunday, August 24, 2008

"2006 Kia Sportage: Replaced windshield week, battery cheap, tires low grade, already need alignment. Road noise is loud and annoying and Kia service stinks no help or friendly service at all. Plan on using your prvt. mech. Overall its versatile design. I love the spilt seats that fold down completely, lots of room, whips around town good, good storage, gas mileage ok good be better. Feel good about the side air bags. Overall its good car for run around sports mom and keeping up with maintenance and replacement of quality tires and battery it does great."

Excellent car!

By on Sunday, July 15, 2007

"Bought my '05 and am very happy. I have the basic model which has almost everything I need. Comfortable, Milage 25-25 mpg average. A little underpowered (2L with 5 speed) but it gets me there. tThe back seats fold completely flat and with an air mattress an average peron can sleep comfortably. Handles well and traction control impressive. Brakes and handling are good."

Great Affordable SUV

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"I've been driving the Sportage for over 2 years now and love it! It does well in snow & rain, and we live in a very hilly rural area so it gets lots of different conditions to go through. The interior is very adaptable to any situation we need, with the fold down seats and large cargo area for a smaller SUV. We have had no mechanical problems whatsoever and have higher than average mileage on it. Highly recommended!"

Great car. Love it

By on Saturday, August 02, 2014

Pros: "Excellent performance."

Cons: "No issues."

"When it comes time to trade it in, I will do so on another Kia. It is a strong reliable car."

Great little SUV for the price

By on Thursday, December 19, 2013

Pros: "reliable"

Cons: "comfort"

"I have owned this car since new in 2006. My wife drives it on a 100 mile round trip commute 5 days a week. We have never had any major issues with our Sportage. The only thing is the seats are not the most comfortable on long trips. 130K and still going strong. My wife will not let me trade in or Sportage, she says it has another 100K in her. I just purchased a 2014 Kia Soul in November, an I love this kia as well. I am not very fond of KIA dealerships in my area, but like Kia as a brand."