• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2006 Kia Sportage

Based on 301 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Kia Sportage, is it worth the money?

By on Friday, July 04, 2014

"The pro's of this vehicle are... Cheap SUV, great visibility of blind spots, nice dash and plastics, and a wonderful warranty. The con's of this vehicle are... Very weak V6, bad gas mileage, horrible pick up/power, rough cornering, and cheaper cloth seats. Personal experiences with this vehicle.... We are occurring an electrical problem that will randomly lock the vehicle with out the use of the fob. The pick up on the vehicle is utterly horrible, however to manage good gas mileage you have to endure a painfully slow start from a stop sign or a red light. Cornering in the vehicle at 10-15 miles an hour provides a somewhat frightening experience. The vehicle has a lot of "Body roll" and does not handle too well, however this is expected with SUV's. Due to the wonderful warranty we have taken good use due to issues with electronics, and parts on the engine requiring maintenance/ repair some parts were not accessible and had to be ordered out."

Perfectly sound family SUV

By on Thursday, July 03, 2014

Pros: "Fuel efficient and spacious"

"I've been the only owner, oil changed every 3k miles. Perfect in every way mechanically. Has never broken down. Extremely fuel efficient, it has the 2.0 liter engine."

No real complaints so far

By on Monday, May 05, 2014

Pros: "has everything I need and then some"

Cons: "Could do with softer seats."

"I bought an '08 Sportage several months ago and I'm liking it so far. I went from a tiny economy car to it so the gas mileage took some getting used to, but I expected that coming into it. Interior's plenty roomy but the seats aren't for the weak of butt. And visibility is a little iffy over my left shoulder, but that may just be me. Exterior's nice and clean and smooth, which I prefer over the sharp angular cars coming out now. Handles great, drives great, and has enough power to get it going when it needs to. All in all a good car and worth the money."

Can't wait to replace my 2005 with another Kia

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Pros: "Dependable, attractive , smooth ride, sunroof"

Cons: "Low gas mileage"

"I have been so happy with my Kia Sportage 4wd. It has never let me down. I get comments all the time about the car looking like a new one. The smokey brown/beige color does not show dirt and when it is washed Shines. Comfortable ride, handles well and has a lot of pick-up response to be only 6 cylinder. I love my sunroof and that is a must with my next Kia. Little disappointed with city mileage between 15 and 18. On trip's I get around 25 which is good. This is the only fault I found and my next Kia will get better gas mileage."

Great car!

By on Sunday, March 02, 2014

"Lots of interior room, yet easy to park in small spaces. Heated seats are very nice and we added on auto-start after market. Drives well, good turning circle, anti-lock brakes work well. Never any problems and we travel often. Great deal, great warranty, nice family car without having a van."