2005 Kia Sportage

Based on 330 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Excellent car!

By on Sunday, July 15, 2007

"Bought my '05 and am very happy. I have the basic model which has almost everything I need. Comfortable, Milage 25-25 mpg average. A little underpowered (2L with 5 speed) but it gets me there. tThe back seats fold completely flat and with an air mattress an average peron can sleep comfortably. Handles well and traction control impressive. Brakes and handling are good."

Great Affordable SUV

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"I've been driving the Sportage for over 2 years now and love it! It does well in snow & rain, and we live in a very hilly rural area so it gets lots of different conditions to go through. The interior is very adaptable to any situation we need, with the fold down seats and large cargo area for a smaller SUV. We have had no mechanical problems whatsoever and have higher than average mileage on it. Highly recommended!"

Great Vehicle for the money!

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pros: "Great price,"

Cons: "The back seats aren't very comfortable"

"I've owned my Sportage since 2007 and have put over 146,000 on it. Overall, it has been incredibly reliable with no major issues. There have been some minor issues, like with the sunroof, seat warmers, and windshield wipers, but as much as I drive (over 70 miles daily, sometimes on gravel), I haven't experienced any mechanical issues, knock on wood! The battery is still original to the car, too...it has been "dead" a couple of times, but it has come back after charging it. I test drove a BMWx3 prior to purchasing my Sportage. For the most part, my Sportage has about everything the BMW had for a fraction of the cost."

Great little SUV for the price

By on Thursday, December 19, 2013

Pros: "reliable"

Cons: "comfort"

"I have owned this car since new in 2006. My wife drives it on a 100 mile round trip commute 5 days a week. We have never had any major issues with our Sportage. The only thing is the seats are not the most comfortable on long trips. 130K and still going strong. My wife will not let me trade in or Sportage, she says it has another 100K in her. I just purchased a 2014 Kia Soul in November, an I love this kia as well. I am not very fond of KIA dealerships in my area, but like Kia as a brand."

I love this car!

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

"So dependable, little or no problems over the years, fun to drive. I've had it for almost 8 years and I know it so well, how it handles, what it can do. Obviously not a luxury car, but had everything I could have asked for except heated seats. My first Kia, probably not my last!"