2002 Kia Sportage

6.3

Based on 307 Ratings for the 1995 - 2002 models.

7.0/10
    6.5/10
    7.0/10
    6.6/10
    6.9/10
    6.8/10

I'd have to be dragged away kicking and screaming!

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "Easy to get in"

Cons: "Cup holder blocks a/c"

"I love this car. I am the original owner and keep up with the oil changes, etc. I've never had any issues with this car and if I ever needed another, I'd go for a new Sportage. I can't imagine I'd need a new one any time soon. 4WD for our New England winters. I would design the inside a little differently, but that's about it. It's kind of hard to put it into 4WD, but I'm admittedly weak in my right arm. Other than that I love it! I've had new brakes once and new tires once and I go up and down a mountain daily."

excellent vehicle, great purchase

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pros: "the vehicle is easy to maneuver & fun to drive"

Cons: "spare tire rack seems to rust on most models"

"I bought the vehicle used in 2006. It gets upper 20's on the highway and lower 20's in town. It has been very reliable, no maintenance costs other than routine upkeep."

clean

By on Tuesday, November 3, 2009

"i love this kind of car its been very reliable for me , only thing is .... dont try and put 3 car seats in it . Its a very tight fit . its a good car for a person that is single or just has 1 or 2 children."

Excellent KIA Sportage

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"The 4WD Sportage automatic shift is perfect for towing a small boat or carrying a canoe or off road travel, a great car for an adventurer. For a small sized SUV it gets good mileage and carries a load of gear comfortably. I've put 90,000 miles on mine with no problem at all except replacing the brakes, and that's because I tow a 19 foot fishing boat up and down the coast. It's square looking, but rather cute, a little square bulldog of a car. It's shorter than most cars, so parking is no trouble. Just change the oil every three or four thousand miles, and drive. It cruises at 80 mph very nicely. It has a Hold button that allows you to hold a gear even when on a hill, and I take it up a steep grade from the beach to the city as fast as most. Women like it because it's small and because you sit a little higher than regular cars and can see what's going on around and ahead of you. Five Stars."

first major repair today

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "reliable"

Cons: "plastic bits disintegrated"

"i was the original buyer of the car in 2001. at first the check engine light drove everyone nuts for the first year, then that settled down. had to replace the master cylinder that first year as well. i hated hated hated this car. fast forward to 2012 -- there have been no repairs to the car for 10 years, only routine maintenance (sometimes costly) super reliable, never left me on the side of the road, until yesterday, when the clutch and transmission needed to be replaced. $1800 not bad for 120,000 miles. i plan to buy another when this one wears out. or probably a kia soul. all the plastic bits on the interior have disintegrated but i don't think anything could ruin the engine."