2002 Kia Sportage

6.3

Based on 304 Ratings for the 1995 - 2002 models.

7.0/10
    6.5/10
    7.1/10
    6.6/10
    6.9/10
    6.8/10

I love my Sportage!

By on Saturday, January 31, 2009

"Great little car! The first one I had, a 2000, was totalled; I had a bad accident in snowy weather. I wasn't seriously injured, so kudos to the 5-star safety rating! My 2001 has driven me all over the country, even towing things. GREAT little car...until it hit the 8-year-old point; now it all of a sudden needs stuff replaced."

Kia Sportage

By on Monday, August 11, 2008

"This vehicle came into our family at the right time and has been a great vehicle. I've heard many people say bad things about their Kia, but I tend to believe they were very rough on their cars anyhow. We've taken this lil SUV everywhere and have racked up 145000miles without any problems."

By on Saturday, July 26, 2008

"we have owned this vehicle for 7 yrs..only regular maintence..no problems,,26mpg on hwy at speed limit..."

Can't Complain

By on Saturday, July 19, 2008

"I've been driving my 2000 Sportage for over 7 years and have put over 143,000 miles on it and I really can't complain. In all that time I think the biggest problem I had was when the timing chain went and that was less than 10k miles ago. I've had minor problems - the passenger window won't open once in a while, the release to open the spare tire arm rusted and broke, but I've always been able to depend on it getting me from point A to B so to me these little things are trivial. Everything else has been normal wear and tear that would happen to most any car with so many miles. It's roomy and comfortable, high enough off the ground to allow for great visibility and some minor off road fun. My biggest gripe about it is the lack of power sometimes making it difficult to pass someone, but if you're out there to get from one place to another and not act like you're in a race all the time there's really nothing wrong with this car."

I Love My Kia!!

By on Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pros: "Great Gas mileage , fun to drive, low up keep, runs great!!"

Cons: "Cloth seats are a pain to clean but worth it!!"

"I have a 2002 Kia Sportage Limited And I Love It.. Great gas mileage and I have only had to replace belt and thats it. I do a oil change every 3000 and tune up once a year because I want to not because it needs it but I take care of my cars. Ny Kia has ran beautifully for me I love it!! I have had it for 6 years and its still running strong !! I would not trade it for the world!! If you take care of any thing it will be good to you 9 times out of 10!"