2002 Kia Sportage

6.3

Based on 305 Ratings for the 1995 - 2002 models.

7.0/10
    6.5/10
    7.0/10
    6.5/10
    6.9/10
    6.8/10

Zippy 2000 Kia Sportage

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2014

"Nice little car. Drives well, good steering. Smog certified in 2014. Clean exterior and interior. Kept in garage. Minor problem with gas cap door. Needs to be opened from outside. Well taken care of, same mechanic has looked after it for years."

great

By on Friday, September 12, 2014

"this car has been excellent in the 3 years i have had it and the 4 wd is great in snow only thing i would have hoped for is the gas mileage could have been a litle better but i have seen worse"

great value and reliable

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Pros: "good price and fun to drive"

Cons: "did not do well with one type of gas."

"bought new in 1999 and with regular maintenance and upkeep a very reliable vehicle. great on open road. Excellent mileage."

Headache car

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, easy to park"

Cons: "everything, cup holders in front of a/c"

"I've had this car for 5 years after a family friend gave it to me because I didn't have a car to get to school. The first year or so was fine but after that everything stopped working. The radio stopped working, I think the antenna broke/rusted. All of the windows came off their motors so they're all being held up by door stoppers-the passenger window won't go all the way up so I always get wet when it rains. The catalytic converter doesn't work and needs replacing. The cup holder is right in front of the ac/heater so you can't feel the air when there's cups in the holder-which is terrible design in my opinion. There is also only 6 inches of leg room for the back seats which is also terrible design. The ac/heat don't work anymore. There were some cables in the engine that weren't connected right so a year after I got the car, it would turn off when I was driving in the middle of traffic! This car has just been a complete headache for the 5 years I have owned it. I would never buy this car ever again. The only pro is that it is a small car (length/width-wise) so it is easy to park in small parking spaces and to 3-point park."

I like this vehicle more than any I have owned.

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Fun,Fun,Fun!!!"

Cons: "Gas milage."

"My Sportage is the third Kia I have owned. The first being a 1988(Ford) Festiva,the second a 1998 Sephia. All three had/have excellant engines and transmissions. The overall guality of the Sportage is better than the prior two vehicles. The gas mileage of the Sportage is disapointing but something I can live with. I find the emissions system a bit touchy but something I can deal with without automatically replacing suspected components. All three are/were reliable cars it has been my pleasure to own. It has been fun watching Hyunday/Kia rise to the top of auto manufacturing.I look forward to owning my fourth Kia. Steve"