2001 Kia Sportage

6.3

Based on 303 Ratings for the 1995 - 2002 models.

7.0/10
    6.8/10
Previous | 1 ... 58 59 60 61 | Next

Lots of Problems, Poor Customer Service

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"These cars are very cheaply made. The windows and doors (including the trunk) all stopped working at some point, which was both annoying and occasionally dangerous. The engine always seemed to have something wrong with it, and the Kia dealership was slow to respond and quick to charge high prices. Even private mechanics were expensive because Kia parts cost so much. Over all, I would not recommend this car - something always went wrong with it, and I eventually just wanted to get it off my hands."

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"I put 117000 miles on it lots of repairs 95%under warranty. Lacks power big time on road. Very good off road with only a tire up grade, 4x4 low very strong. every thing is made cheap most acc. will fail at some point in time dont expect a low mait. car if you buy one. better off to buy a tracker if you are looking for a cheap off roader."

I was excited...

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"When I bought my 2001 Sportage, I was really excited. Everything on the car checked out perfectly when I bought it. 3 months after i bought the car, i had to replace the brakes pads and cylinders. Then 6 months after that, i had to replace the clutch. then the windows stopped working. Now, a year after a new clutch, its messing up again. It has been nothing but a money hole for me. Besides, it has no "get up and go". Its hard to gain speed when getting on the highway."

EXTREMLY RELIABLE Vehicle

By on Monday, July 09, 2007

"i am a new car person, I brought it new 1999 been running every since, just started having air conditioning issues last year. Think is was the person who flushed the radiator, oh well!!. Great vehicle tho, been down to Flordia numerous time over the years. Just checked out this years vehicles, plan to buy the newer Sportage or Sorento. I am a long time vehicle owner prior vehicles 1994 still own and prior to that 1984-1994. This car will last if you do the maintaince, reg oil, brakes, change the transmission fluid maybe twice (I think), tires you know. Overall the price was right 16k I got my money worth and then some. Wish it was lasting longer (yeah). The note was under $300. Oh I drive everyday 30-40 miles both ways to work for the last 10 years. HEY its made to last. Now the warranties are better than when I purchased, although I never had to use it though. Only took it to the dealers for recalls. They are new but it reminds me of my first car they were new but got ten years out of that one (NI/Se). Did not like the cup holder placement but they fixed that, they changed the carpet, I wear heels, torn it up and the floor mats (they wanted extra what ever) other than that I love my KIA its been good to me and the family. Oh when I first went looking I checked out about three-four others that came out that year. I missed nothing with my KIA decision even if the features seemed better the longer use and price I got beats everything. I just want soemthing new, So I may save the vehicle for the 16 year old as a starter car, its still running good."

Previous | 1 ... 58 59 60 61 | Next