1999 Kia Sportage

6.3

Based on 301 Ratings for the 1995 - 2002 models.

6.9/10
    6.5/10
    7.0/10
    6.5/10
    6.9/10
    6.8/10

I like this vehicle more than any I have owned.

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Fun,Fun,Fun!!!"

Cons: "Gas milage."

"My Sportage is the third Kia I have owned. The first being a 1988(Ford) Festiva,the second a 1998 Sephia. All three had/have excellant engines and transmissions. The overall guality of the Sportage is better than the prior two vehicles. The gas mileage of the Sportage is disapointing but something I can live with. I find the emissions system a bit touchy but something I can deal with without automatically replacing suspected components. All three are/were reliable cars it has been my pleasure to own. It has been fun watching Hyunday/Kia rise to the top of auto manufacturing.I look forward to owning my fourth Kia. Steve"

Good Vehicle for low price!

By on Saturday, May 24, 2014

"Cost- $1850 Owened for about 1 Year Mileage 135K 2.0 Manual 5 Speed 2 Wheel Drive Repairs so far: Timing Belt, Spark Plugs and CV Joints PROS: Very comfortable and reliable vehicle. Very peppy and it is sporty looking. It can easily haul a Canoe, Kyaks, or Bicycles. CONS: Not great in snow unless you add 2 salt bags to cargo area. Spark Plugs are a hassle to change and new wires are expensive. Always use Ebay for more reasonable part costs. Also gas mileage is about 20-25 MPG. Neeeds a new timing belt about every 60k+ miles as stated by many owners, this is common among many vehicles today."

Problem car

By on Saturday, May 10, 2014

Reason: everything

Pros: "No pros"

Cons: "Everything"

"I called this a problem car! I bought it because it is 4x4. But this car was nothing but trouble...from day one. I regret buying it. I put it on Craigslist and not a single soul was interested, even for $400, with 132,000 miles. I put an old Subaru with 265,000 miles for the same price and I got more interested souls. No more Kia."

The Best

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Pros: "I already have recommended it to several friends."

Cons: "Great Price/Fun to drive/Reliable."

"I have driven this SUV from Texas to Providence, Maine, and back again. I have traveled many of the back roads of Texas and criss-crossed this state more times than I can count. I trust it completely. I would not part with it at all if not for the mileage. I plan on traveling a lot in my future and need something a little less miles on it. I trust her right now. I would not hesitate to keep her but my husband insists."

Unreliable Car

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "Got it for only $2,400"

Cons: "Broke down a lot"

"I've gone through so much time and money trying to save this dinky little car after it had broken down multiple times. But this last time it broke down I couldn't afford to pay $1,000+ to fix it. Ever since I got it this car has had it's many issues. I plan to stay away from buying Kia vehicles from now on."

See if you qualify for