1998 Kia Sportage

6.3

Based on 303 Ratings for the 1995 - 2002 models.

7.0/10
    6.5/10
    7.0/10
    6.6/10
    6.9/10
    6.8/10

i loved this car!!

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "vary safe"

Cons: "the cheep interior"

"i had owned this car for just over a year and tonight i got hit by a drunk driver who was going about 40 mph and hit me head on. This car did awesome a jeep liberty is the car that hit me. both cars we totaled but my car had less damage done to it. It keep me and my 2 other passengers safe and we did not go to the hospital. I would recommend this car to anyone who wants a suv that is good on gas and safe."

one of the best vehicle

By on Saturday, January 04, 2014

Pros: "great for mileage and gas"

Cons: "not enough room on inside that it just need space"

"I like this car I found it to be good one gas not a lot of work taking care of it I bought it in 2007 I have only to do regular mantaince work and a starter in the pass 7 yrs runs like a charm. Would love to tade in for a new one,can not afford it now will keep it."

Great little vehicle with few compromises

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pros: "Great MPG, ergonomics, and looks"

Cons: "Always moving the spare mount"

"I absolutely love this SUV. It looks good, drives well, 4X4 is awesome, gas mileage is great. No compromises here. I drove Trackers for years, but cannot find any without rust now so I moved to the Sportage. The only downsides that I see are.....having to move the spare every time I let the dog in and out of the rear hatch, GRRRRRRRR and $200.00 to replace four spark plugs. Who would imagine two hours of labor just to get to the spark plugs."

Good reliable, affordable car

By on Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Pros: "affordable, great on gas"

Cons: "not 4-wheel drive, no ac (just a shell)"

"I have had this car for 12 years. I have over 210,000 miles on it. It gets about 30MPG. It is very reliable and affordable. However, I have had to replace the coil pack four (4) times since I have had it. This was due to a failed catalytic converter that is in the engine. I have also had to replace the carrier bearing two (2) times. With this being an older vehicle, the price of repair parts are expensive if you do have repairs that need to be made. This is why I do not rate it well on quality. As far as driving dynamics, this is a two wheel, rear wheel drive vehicle. I have to keep sandbags or something heavy in the back year round because it is so light. This is not a good family vehicle and it is not real comfortable on long trips for families. It is great for just driving to work and back. It is a great couple or single individual vehicle."

Most ergonomic with good view. Perfect for me.

By on Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, sturdy, efficient, good looking."

Cons: "old parts not great. relatively low quality built."

"Sportage (1996-2002) has a very ideal size, height, view from inside etc and makes it a very safe car to drive. It is also very pretty. The quality is not the best (designed 20 years ago by Ford and Kia jointly). However, in many ways, it is a milestone of SUV history. With new iridium spark plug, it is powerful and agile. Great car."