1996 Kia Sportage

6.3

Based on 304 Ratings for the 1995 - 2002 models.

7.0/10
    6.5/10
    7.1/10
    6.6/10
    6.9/10
    6.8/10

I love my Sportage!

By on Saturday, January 31, 2009

"Great little car! The first one I had, a 2000, was totalled; I had a bad accident in snowy weather. I wasn't seriously injured, so kudos to the 5-star safety rating! My 2001 has driven me all over the country, even towing things. GREAT little car...until it hit the 8-year-old point; now it all of a sudden needs stuff replaced."

Kia Sportage

By on Monday, August 11, 2008

"This vehicle came into our family at the right time and has been a great vehicle. I've heard many people say bad things about their Kia, but I tend to believe they were very rough on their cars anyhow. We've taken this lil SUV everywhere and have racked up 145000miles without any problems."

By on Saturday, July 26, 2008

"we have owned this vehicle for 7 yrs..only regular maintence..no problems,,26mpg on hwy at speed limit..."

Can't Complain

By on Saturday, July 19, 2008

"I've been driving my 2000 Sportage for over 7 years and have put over 143,000 miles on it and I really can't complain. In all that time I think the biggest problem I had was when the timing chain went and that was less than 10k miles ago. I've had minor problems - the passenger window won't open once in a while, the release to open the spare tire arm rusted and broke, but I've always been able to depend on it getting me from point A to B so to me these little things are trivial. Everything else has been normal wear and tear that would happen to most any car with so many miles. It's roomy and comfortable, high enough off the ground to allow for great visibility and some minor off road fun. My biggest gripe about it is the lack of power sometimes making it difficult to pass someone, but if you're out there to get from one place to another and not act like you're in a race all the time there's really nothing wrong with this car."

I Love My Kia!!

By on Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pros: "Great Gas mileage , fun to drive, low up keep, runs great!!"

Cons: "Cloth seats are a pain to clean but worth it!!"

"I have a 2002 Kia Sportage Limited And I Love It.. Great gas mileage and I have only had to replace belt and thats it. I do a oil change every 3000 and tune up once a year because I want to not because it needs it but I take care of my cars. Ny Kia has ran beautifully for me I love it!! I have had it for 6 years and its still running strong !! I would not trade it for the world!! If you take care of any thing it will be good to you 9 times out of 10!"

clean

By on Tuesday, November 03, 2009

"i love this kind of car its been very reliable for me , only thing is .... dont try and put 3 car seats in it . Its a very tight fit . its a good car for a person that is single or just has 1 or 2 children."

very satisifed

By on Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive and reliable"

Cons: "3000 rpm at 70"

"I bought this vehicle dirt cheap thinking Kia was a piece of junk and to my surprise this car is very silent, drives nice, smooth riding and I have had very little problems over last three years. I replaces auto 4-wheel hubs with manuals from ebay-Warner a 10 minute job.110 dollars. This is my use for everything and pull trailer vehicle. Very happy with it and the 4-wheel goes right around my neighbors jeep during deep snow. I only wish it was a little higher geared. 5spd. 21MPG"

excellent vehicle, great purchase

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pros: "the vehicle is easy to maneuver & fun to drive"

Cons: "spare tire rack seems to rust on most models"

"I bought the vehicle used in 2006. It gets upper 20's on the highway and lower 20's in town. It has been very reliable, no maintenance costs other than routine upkeep."

good small SUV

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "very reliable"

Cons: "needs another gear, gas milage not very good"

"I have a 2001 and i when i purchased it had 12000 miles i now have 90000 and there has never been a wrench used on it. I dont like the trans on hwy running at 70MPH the RPMs run around 4000 it needs one more gear. i have an auto trans,other than that i love this vehical."

I'd have to be dragged away kicking and screaming!

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "Easy to get in"

Cons: "Cup holder blocks a/c"

"I love this car. I am the original owner and keep up with the oil changes, etc. I've never had any issues with this car and if I ever needed another, I'd go for a new Sportage. I can't imagine I'd need a new one any time soon. 4WD for our New England winters. I would design the inside a little differently, but that's about it. It's kind of hard to put it into 4WD, but I'm admittedly weak in my right arm. Other than that I love it! I've had new brakes once and new tires once and I go up and down a mountain daily."