1995 Kia Sportage

6.3

Based on 306 Ratings for the 1995 - 2002 models.

7.0/10
    6.5/10
    7.0/10
    6.5/10
    6.9/10
    6.8/10

I love my Sportage!

By on Saturday, January 31, 2009

"Great little car! The first one I had, a 2000, was totalled; I had a bad accident in snowy weather. I wasn't seriously injured, so kudos to the 5-star safety rating! My 2001 has driven me all over the country, even towing things. GREAT little car...until it hit the 8-year-old point; now it all of a sudden needs stuff replaced."

Kia Sportage

By on Monday, August 11, 2008

"This vehicle came into our family at the right time and has been a great vehicle. I've heard many people say bad things about their Kia, but I tend to believe they were very rough on their cars anyhow. We've taken this lil SUV everywhere and have racked up 145000miles without any problems."

clean

By on Tuesday, November 03, 2009

"i love this kind of car its been very reliable for me , only thing is .... dont try and put 3 car seats in it . Its a very tight fit . its a good car for a person that is single or just has 1 or 2 children."

very satisifed

By on Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive and reliable"

Cons: "3000 rpm at 70"

"I bought this vehicle dirt cheap thinking Kia was a piece of junk and to my surprise this car is very silent, drives nice, smooth riding and I have had very little problems over last three years. I replaces auto 4-wheel hubs with manuals from ebay-Warner a 10 minute job.110 dollars. This is my use for everything and pull trailer vehicle. Very happy with it and the 4-wheel goes right around my neighbors jeep during deep snow. I only wish it was a little higher geared. 5spd. 21MPG"

excellent vehicle, great purchase

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pros: "the vehicle is easy to maneuver & fun to drive"

Cons: "spare tire rack seems to rust on most models"

"I bought the vehicle used in 2006. It gets upper 20's on the highway and lower 20's in town. It has been very reliable, no maintenance costs other than routine upkeep."

first major repair today

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "reliable"

Cons: "plastic bits disintegrated"

"i was the original buyer of the car in 2001. at first the check engine light drove everyone nuts for the first year, then that settled down. had to replace the master cylinder that first year as well. i hated hated hated this car. fast forward to 2012 -- there have been no repairs to the car for 10 years, only routine maintenance (sometimes costly) super reliable, never left me on the side of the road, until yesterday, when the clutch and transmission needed to be replaced. $1800 not bad for 120,000 miles. i plan to buy another when this one wears out. or probably a kia soul. all the plastic bits on the interior have disintegrated but i don't think anything could ruin the engine."

good small SUV

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "very reliable"

Cons: "needs another gear, gas milage not very good"

"I have a 2001 and i when i purchased it had 12000 miles i now have 90000 and there has never been a wrench used on it. I dont like the trans on hwy running at 70MPH the RPMs run around 4000 it needs one more gear. i have an auto trans,other than that i love this vehical."

I'd have to be dragged away kicking and screaming!

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "Easy to get in"

Cons: "Cup holder blocks a/c"

"I love this car. I am the original owner and keep up with the oil changes, etc. I've never had any issues with this car and if I ever needed another, I'd go for a new Sportage. I can't imagine I'd need a new one any time soon. 4WD for our New England winters. I would design the inside a little differently, but that's about it. It's kind of hard to put it into 4WD, but I'm admittedly weak in my right arm. Other than that I love it! I've had new brakes once and new tires once and I go up and down a mountain daily."

Excellent KIA Sportage

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"The 4WD Sportage automatic shift is perfect for towing a small boat or carrying a canoe or off road travel, a great car for an adventurer. For a small sized SUV it gets good mileage and carries a load of gear comfortably. I've put 90,000 miles on mine with no problem at all except replacing the brakes, and that's because I tow a 19 foot fishing boat up and down the coast. It's square looking, but rather cute, a little square bulldog of a car. It's shorter than most cars, so parking is no trouble. Just change the oil every three or four thousand miles, and drive. It cruises at 80 mph very nicely. It has a Hold button that allows you to hold a gear even when on a hill, and I take it up a steep grade from the beach to the city as fast as most. Women like it because it's small and because you sit a little higher than regular cars and can see what's going on around and ahead of you. Five Stars."

Love this car.

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pros: "Great mileage handles quckly"

Cons: "Avearage body rust."

"Easy to handle. great mileage. Handles very well. Pyshicyle sound!"