1995 Kia Sportage

6.3

Based on 305 Ratings for the 1995 - 2002 models.

7.0/10
    6.5/10
    7.0/10
    6.5/10
    6.9/10
    6.8/10

Good Value for The Money

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

Pros: "4X4, reliable engine and drivetrain"

Cons: "Auto hubs, oil filter adapter"

"I bought this car used about ten years ago for $8500. It had been owned new for about two years and had about 30k miles on it. For a true 4X4 with leather seats and low miles, it was a good value. It has never had a major mechanical incident in the 10 years I've owned it. There have been three low-cost repairs needed in all this time. The vacuum system to engage the hubs went out early in its life, so I had it replaced with manual hubs-- cheap and effective. It developed an oil leak around year six or seven. The cause was an oil filter adapter (apparently used to accommodate different countries). So, no big deal, replace and reseal. About $250. The rear axle began seeping grease into the rear drum brakes, resulting in the rear tire(s) locking after releasing the brake pedal. The grease would leak in, and due to friction and heat it would become very gummy/sticky. Then when you applied the brakes the shoes would stick. On slippery Montana roads this was dangerous. $400 repair. Under $1000 in repairs in 10 years of ownership is a good value. A 4X4 where I live is nice. It's small, so it's not the best car for my family of five. It drives a little rough like a jeep, but goes just fine over the Interstate at 70mph. If you're looking at an older one, I would feel confident about the engine and drivetrain. Due to the age of the vehicle it's likely you'll have some repairs, but they probably won't break the bank."

worst car ever

By on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pros: "good reliability on motor and transmission"

Cons: "bad gas mileage bad window motors ,cup holder"

"bought for gas mileage 4 cylinder motor only get about 16/23 have done everything to get it better no go nothing else. 4x4 is a joke be sure to carry shovel or a winch with you . interior have replaced all window motors they are weak , cup holder in place in front of dash vents and above radio stupid engineering bought this with only 21,000 miles now has 137,000 cant afford to replace motor and transmission best about it good reliability to them except for gas mileage overrated ."

i loved this car!!

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "vary safe"

Cons: "the cheep interior"

"i had owned this car for just over a year and tonight i got hit by a drunk driver who was going about 40 mph and hit me head on. This car did awesome a jeep liberty is the car that hit me. both cars we totaled but my car had less damage done to it. It keep me and my 2 other passengers safe and we did not go to the hospital. I would recommend this car to anyone who wants a suv that is good on gas and safe."

one of the best vehicle

By on Saturday, January 04, 2014

Pros: "great for mileage and gas"

Cons: "not enough room on inside that it just need space"

"I like this car I found it to be good one gas not a lot of work taking care of it I bought it in 2007 I have only to do regular mantaince work and a starter in the pass 7 yrs runs like a charm. Would love to tade in for a new one,can not afford it now will keep it."

Great little vehicle with few compromises

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pros: "Great MPG, ergonomics, and looks"

Cons: "Always moving the spare mount"

"I absolutely love this SUV. It looks good, drives well, 4X4 is awesome, gas mileage is great. No compromises here. I drove Trackers for years, but cannot find any without rust now so I moved to the Sportage. The only downsides that I see are.....having to move the spare every time I let the dog in and out of the rear hatch, GRRRRRRRR and $200.00 to replace four spark plugs. Who would imagine two hours of labor just to get to the spark plugs."