1995 Kia Sportage

6.3

Based on 305 Ratings for the 1995 - 2002 models.

7.0/10
    6.5/10
    7.0/10
    6.5/10
    6.9/10
    6.8/10

Zippy 2000 Kia Sportage

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2014

"Nice little car. Drives well, good steering. Smog certified in 2014. Clean exterior and interior. Kept in garage. Minor problem with gas cap door. Needs to be opened from outside. Well taken care of, same mechanic has looked after it for years."

great

By on Friday, September 12, 2014

"this car has been excellent in the 3 years i have had it and the 4 wd is great in snow only thing i would have hoped for is the gas mileage could have been a litle better but i have seen worse"

great value and reliable

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Pros: "good price and fun to drive"

Cons: "did not do well with one type of gas."

"bought new in 1999 and with regular maintenance and upkeep a very reliable vehicle. great on open road. Excellent mileage."

Headache car

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, easy to park"

Cons: "everything, cup holders in front of a/c"

"I've had this car for 5 years after a family friend gave it to me because I didn't have a car to get to school. The first year or so was fine but after that everything stopped working. The radio stopped working, I think the antenna broke/rusted. All of the windows came off their motors so they're all being held up by door stoppers-the passenger window won't go all the way up so I always get wet when it rains. The catalytic converter doesn't work and needs replacing. The cup holder is right in front of the ac/heater so you can't feel the air when there's cups in the holder-which is terrible design in my opinion. There is also only 6 inches of leg room for the back seats which is also terrible design. The ac/heat don't work anymore. There were some cables in the engine that weren't connected right so a year after I got the car, it would turn off when I was driving in the middle of traffic! This car has just been a complete headache for the 5 years I have owned it. I would never buy this car ever again. The only pro is that it is a small car (length/width-wise) so it is easy to park in small parking spaces and to 3-point park."

I like this vehicle more than any I have owned.

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Fun,Fun,Fun!!!"

Cons: "Gas milage."

"My Sportage is the third Kia I have owned. The first being a 1988(Ford) Festiva,the second a 1998 Sephia. All three had/have excellant engines and transmissions. The overall guality of the Sportage is better than the prior two vehicles. The gas mileage of the Sportage is disapointing but something I can live with. I find the emissions system a bit touchy but something I can deal with without automatically replacing suspected components. All three are/were reliable cars it has been my pleasure to own. It has been fun watching Hyunday/Kia rise to the top of auto manufacturing.I look forward to owning my fourth Kia. Steve"

Good Vehicle for low price!

By on Saturday, May 24, 2014

"Cost- $1850 Owened for about 1 Year Mileage 135K 2.0 Manual 5 Speed 2 Wheel Drive Repairs so far: Timing Belt, Spark Plugs and CV Joints PROS: Very comfortable and reliable vehicle. Very peppy and it is sporty looking. It can easily haul a Canoe, Kyaks, or Bicycles. CONS: Not great in snow unless you add 2 salt bags to cargo area. Spark Plugs are a hassle to change and new wires are expensive. Always use Ebay for more reasonable part costs. Also gas mileage is about 20-25 MPG. Neeeds a new timing belt about every 60k+ miles as stated by many owners, this is common among many vehicles today."

Problem car

By on Saturday, May 10, 2014

Reason: everything

Pros: "No pros"

Cons: "Everything"

"I called this a problem car! I bought it because it is 4x4. But this car was nothing but trouble...from day one. I regret buying it. I put it on Craigslist and not a single soul was interested, even for $400, with 132,000 miles. I put an old Subaru with 265,000 miles for the same price and I got more interested souls. No more Kia."

The Best

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Pros: "I already have recommended it to several friends."

Cons: "Great Price/Fun to drive/Reliable."

"I have driven this SUV from Texas to Providence, Maine, and back again. I have traveled many of the back roads of Texas and criss-crossed this state more times than I can count. I trust it completely. I would not part with it at all if not for the mileage. I plan on traveling a lot in my future and need something a little less miles on it. I trust her right now. I would not hesitate to keep her but my husband insists."

Unreliable Car

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "Got it for only $2,400"

Cons: "Broke down a lot"

"I've gone through so much time and money trying to save this dinky little car after it had broken down multiple times. But this last time it broke down I couldn't afford to pay $1,000+ to fix it. Ever since I got it this car has had it's many issues. I plan to stay away from buying Kia vehicles from now on."

Good Value for The Money

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

Pros: "4X4, reliable engine and drivetrain"

Cons: "Auto hubs, oil filter adapter"

"I bought this car used about ten years ago for $8500. It had been owned new for about two years and had about 30k miles on it. For a true 4X4 with leather seats and low miles, it was a good value. It has never had a major mechanical incident in the 10 years I've owned it. There have been three low-cost repairs needed in all this time. The vacuum system to engage the hubs went out early in its life, so I had it replaced with manual hubs-- cheap and effective. It developed an oil leak around year six or seven. The cause was an oil filter adapter (apparently used to accommodate different countries). So, no big deal, replace and reseal. About $250. The rear axle began seeping grease into the rear drum brakes, resulting in the rear tire(s) locking after releasing the brake pedal. The grease would leak in, and due to friction and heat it would become very gummy/sticky. Then when you applied the brakes the shoes would stick. On slippery Montana roads this was dangerous. $400 repair. Under $1000 in repairs in 10 years of ownership is a good value. A 4X4 where I live is nice. It's small, so it's not the best car for my family of five. It drives a little rough like a jeep, but goes just fine over the Interstate at 70mph. If you're looking at an older one, I would feel confident about the engine and drivetrain. Due to the age of the vehicle it's likely you'll have some repairs, but they probably won't break the bank."