2009 Kia Spectra

8.2

Based on 360 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

Nice first car

By on Sunday, January 24, 2016

Pros: "Dependable powertrain, appearance of the rear"

Cons: "Front appearance, stereo quality"

"The good points: I have this car for 9 months now, and I found it dependable in the Dallas area. Has enough power to overtake long vehicles on 70 mph freeways. It has not developed any mechanical faults. Cheap service and parts. Not so good: The following things have started to go wrong as it ages: 1. Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Speedometer stops working on the hottest days of the year. The ride and handling is not as comfortable as my other car (comparing to my 2004 MB E-class). The check engine light came on one morning in January, with "Evaporative Emission System Pressure Sensor Low", but it went away in the evening. I did not feed any difference in the car."

lots of shop time

By on Friday, January 9, 2009

"its been in the shop 6 times in 1 month and can never get it fixed. at 23k spits and sputters after fueling up. also stalls. thank god for the warrenty."

Awesome car.

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"I love this car. It's very sharp looking, handles well, is comfortable and dependable. The gas mileage is good and I haven't had to make any major repairs. I get compliments on the car all the time and I've had it for 3 years already. This is our second Kia and I would definitely by another one."

Love this car!

By on Thursday, September 15, 2011

"I love my Spectra SX. It is responsive and reliable and seriously fun to drive. I don't like the look all that much, but the joy of driving a quick car that handles this well outweighs the looks."

By on Thursday, April 14, 2011

"I bought my Spectra EX almost 3 years ago, got 38,000 on it now. Don't get blue. That color shows every scratch and every speck of dirt. The interior is cheap and not comfortable for long rides, everything seems to look dirty so easily inside there. The car doesnt have much weight. A lot of it is plastic. Other than that it is a good ride. Good on gas. I haven't had a problem with it so far, but you have to do the regular services or it might not stay covered under the warranty."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Spectra near Honolulu. See local deals