2006 Kia Spectra

8.2

Based on 343 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

NICE CAR

By on Thursday, August 23, 2007

"I'VE OWN THIS CAR FOR THREE YEARS.NO PROBLEMS AT ALL.SCHEDULE MAINTENANCE IS A MUST.ONLY HAD TIRES AND BATTERY REPLACED.MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW MAIN- TENANCE BY THE BOOK AND KEEP RECORDS. KIA MAY DECLINE REPAIRS UNDER WARRANTY IF PROOF OF SCHEDULE MAIN- TENANCE CAN'T BE PROVIDED (SPECIFICALLY POWERTRAIN)"

Unliked at first.

By on Sunday, April 08, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive. Great gas mileage. Very safe."

Cons: "Low power."

"When I first got this car it had 156 miles on it. It had a bad problem where it would just turn over but wouldn't start. The place I bought the car eventually fixed it after taking it 3 times. This left a bitter taste in my mouth for a while but I started to like the car more and more the longer I had it. It is quite durable. The true test for me was I got into a 5 car pile-up. We were all going 55 mph and I got sandwiched between a Chevy Suburban and a Dodge Challenger. I felt NOTHING. This car kept me safe. Even one of the police officers on the scene made a comment about the car. They didn't lie when they gave it a 5 star crash test rating."

Great little car for the money.

By on Friday, November 13, 2009

"Purchased this car for the sole purpose of commuting to work. The price / warranty were big selling points and the interior was adequate and surprisingly spacious up front (I am 6' 4" - 260 lbs) While long trips are out of the question, the car is comfortable for me during my commute (45 mins). After 4 1/2 years and 60K miles, this car has been fantastic. Other than performing scheduled maintenance, there have been no engine/mechanical issues. I have had a few very minor issues, in the first 2 years, that were covered under warranty and replaced without question: 1. Speedometer was replaced. 2. Replaced driver side visor (mirror fell out) 3. Replaced 2 hubcaps (paint peeling) For such an afffordable car, the safety features are great (front, side airbags, auto sensor for passenger airbag) while the interior material quality is mediocre (which was expected) but more than adequate. Great car for a starting driver. Not too powerful but can get up onto the highway when needed. Mine has been reliable and is still in great shape, especially since it is not kept in a garage. Hope this helps."

awesome!

By on Tuesday, May 26, 2009

"This is my first "real" car that I bought for myself and I have to say I have no regrets! This is a zippy, comfortable little car that is great value for its price. I've owned it for almost 1 year and no problems. I did get into a very mild fender bender and my car emerged unscathed, not a single bump or scratch on it, which I think speaks to the quality in manufacturing. The only issue I have is the upholstery in the passenger door tore, but the dealership took care of it for free right away. My only complaint is my gas mileage, I average around 28-30mpg on the highway, and 22-25 in the city, which I was told would be higher when I first bought it. Initially I thought this car would be around for a few years until I graduated and started earning more money so I could buy a more expensive car, but based on my experiences so far I think this car will be in my life for quite some time!"

Great car!

By on Friday, April 17, 2009

"Well I've now owned this car for 1 year to this day and I can't really say that I've had too many complaints about it. Starting with what I like: I'm 6'5" and it's hard to find a car that fits me comfortably and this one was the first car I sat in and felt like I had tons of space. I love the sound system no matter if it is stock, I could get a really nice one but for a stock stereo I think it does a great job, the AUX port is a great feature too. I went to California on a road trip (about 300 miles one way) and the gas mileage estimate was about 30 mpg, I was getting about 33 on the highway with cruise control. It drives great, has good handling and I think it's a cute car. On the bad side I think that sometimes it sounds as if there isn't a sealant on the doors and you can hear a lot of "driving noises". The gas tank lever has broken two times on me now and I've had to get it replaced, which the warranty DOES cover :) The warranty is one thing that does sort of change around on you, but I have read it fully and understand what is and isn't covered, but the extended warranty I have to say is pretty good. I guess I don't have too much bad to say other than the value dropped REALLY fast and there are some little flaws. All in all I love this car and would actually consider purchasing a newer model down the line!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Spectra near Honolulu. See local deals