2005 Kia Spectra

8.2

Based on 354 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

Great little car for the money.

By on Friday, November 13, 2009

"Purchased this car for the sole purpose of commuting to work. The price / warranty were big selling points and the interior was adequate and surprisingly spacious up front (I am 6' 4" - 260 lbs) While long trips are out of the question, the car is comfortable for me during my commute (45 mins). After 4 1/2 years and 60K miles, this car has been fantastic. Other than performing scheduled maintenance, there have been no engine/mechanical issues. I have had a few very minor issues, in the first 2 years, that were covered under warranty and replaced without question: 1. Speedometer was replaced. 2. Replaced driver side visor (mirror fell out) 3. Replaced 2 hubcaps (paint peeling) For such an afffordable car, the safety features are great (front, side airbags, auto sensor for passenger airbag) while the interior material quality is mediocre (which was expected) but more than adequate. Great car for a starting driver. Not too powerful but can get up onto the highway when needed. Mine has been reliable and is still in great shape, especially since it is not kept in a garage. Hope this helps."

Has airbag issues

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

Pros: "good price, gas mileage"

Cons: "safety issues. clear coat scratches easily."

"My rating might be higher if there wasn't an issue with the passenger's side airbag system. If there is someone sitting in the seat, the airbag light should turn off, signalling that the vehicle is aware that someone is sitting in the seat. However there have been several times that, despite the passenger getting out and reseating themselves, and being over 140 lbs and 6 ft tall, that the light remains on. This is an issue that other owners have reported as well. People have been hurt in accidents because the passenger side airbag did not deploy during a head-on collision. One of the main reasons I chose kia was due to the safety rating."

By on Friday, January 16, 2009

"I love the Kia. I own a manual 5-speed and the gas mileage is great and it's fun to drive. The only negative is that it is not a good car in snow. Slips and slides which is a little scary. Not enough weight. Glad I bought it!"

Awesome car.

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"I love this car. It's very sharp looking, handles well, is comfortable and dependable. The gas mileage is good and I haven't had to make any major repairs. I get compliments on the car all the time and I've had it for 3 years already. This is our second Kia and I would definitely by another one."

Awesome car!

By on Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Pros: "Perfect car all the way around."

Cons: "No cons at all."

"We purchased this car new, have had it six years now and never have had a problem with it. It's everything we need in a car. My husband is 6' tall and still has plenty of head room. Just convinced my Mom to buy a Kia Forte - she's picking it up this week."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Spectra near Honolulu. See local deals