2014 Kia Soul Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $14,349 - $14,742.

10/8.1

9.5

Based on 33 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

9.9/10

I love it!

By on Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, comfortable, roomy, price under 25k"

Cons: "milage could be better"

"I am just turning 70 with some physical problems like sciatica and lower back pain. I am about 5'6"tall. I have been looking for a small hatchback for about a year and test drove about 8-9 cars that fit the bill. For ME the priorities were 1. Seat comfort 2. Ability to see over stearing wheel 3. Roominess for errands at home lumber stores, etc 4. Clearance off the ground---ie. some cars hit curb when parking 5. Fun to drive 6. Last but not least: price under $25k There are a number of cars that have better gas mileage and equal roominess, but only one other of them had seats with power assisted drivers seat and lumbar support because they cater to a younger crowd. Kia hit the mark with this car for my age group as well as younger with all the cool technology. It is easy to get in and out of, is peppy enough to pass if needed, has plenty of room, tight enough handling and VERY comfortable. Could have a little better gas milage, but not the make or break feature for me. The warranty is great as well. I love this car every time I get in it!"

Best vehicle for the money

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Pros: "Great price, features, head room, and gas mileage"

Cons: "engine gets sluggish with the way tranny shifts"

"Bought a 2014 Soul over the Scion XB because of the look, comfort and warranty offered with the Soul. And of course the Soul's reviews against the XB's, the decision was over after that. The most bang for your buck in a new car. The only negative thing I can say is the transmission will shift all the way to 6th gear when your in town doing 25MPH. But even with this flaw, the gas mileage is still amazing."

Great Quality!

By on Wednesday, January 28, 2015

"It took me three years (possibly longer) to finally buy a new car. I had looked at everything from the gas mileage to the safety factors. The Kia Soul had everything I was looking for. I know now that my child and I have a safe, dependable ride. I love the way it drives and handles."

My first 'Foreign' car assembled in USA

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

Pros: "Good price, Responsive and good Gas mileage"

Cons: "Front Seat belts hard to clip on receiver too low"

My coffee colored Soul

"First, it looks great, I liked the lines when I saw it on the lot before I drove it. Then after the test drive I was sold; The turning radius was good, the ride was excellent, there was a bit more road noise than I was used to. Brakes were good, and I liked that it has side curtain air bags as well. I got the base model, but the Engine was peppy and responded better than I expected for a small car. (My other car is a V8 Truck) On the freeway it was easy to accelerate to merging speed and maintain the speed, Acceleration to pass is slower than the V8 that I am used to, but if you get the rpm of the transmission up and floor it, it takes off like s scared rabbit. Since having it for a while now I do love the cargo room and ease of loading, so much more convenient than a truck where groceries had to be loaded in the front and back seats and floor. Here the cargo net in the back holds everything from skidding about. The stock headlights were well, standard and since Alaska is Dark most of the winter I had to upgrade to a better bulb.. $65 for a pair Sylvania Ultras, you could go to LED or HID but that would be hundreds,, the Ultras work fine. The Tires have TPMS sensors. When I switched to winter tires I had to buy a second set of sensors for the winter rims, $75 for each sensor, I could have used the summer rims but they are aluminum and the salt etc in winter would pit them so I got a steel set for the winter tires. $160 for 4. This also resulted in me having to buy a second set of Lug nuts because the Kia ones are designed for mag wheels and short.. were as the steel wheels need ones which are longer. Note: I found out that Kia 100000 mile warranty on the engine is only good if KIA services it or you use Kia oil filters exclusively... its ok I got a lifetime oil change from them .. on that one they are the losers based on the going price of oil changes at various shops, 4 oil changes later the cost of the lifetime oil change is all paid for. All in all though this is a great little car. In our cold winters it takes a few miles for the engine to come up to temperature and warm up the interior.. but once it does its toasty. Love all the glass and it all stays defrosted, and the heated mirrors are a plus. Wish I had the heated seats, but it was not an option on the base model. Hands off blue tooth for the cellular system works good. This car got a great rating from Consumer Reports for front end and side impacts. All in all its a great buy for the money"

My coffee colored Soul

Love the feel of driving and look of this car

By on Monday, January 19, 2015

Pros: "Easy to drive, great handling and maneuverability"

Cons: "No Moon Roof or Heated Front Seats -- too expensiv"

"This is my second Kia -- my first was a used 2003 Spectra, which I purchased in an emergency when my GM car was totalled. I drove the used vehicle about 70K miles with no issues. However, the car was too small and light. My mechanic highly recommended a Kia or a Hyundai as a replacement for (1) mechanical reliability and (2) price. I purchased the Soul, because I liked the looks and had confidence in mechanical reliability with an endorsement from someone who had serviced my vehicle(s) for the past thirteen years. I love driving this vehicle, and the rear cargo area makes it very easy for me to load things and retrieve. I simply pull and push, rather than bending over to lift."