2014 Kia Soul Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $14,326 - $14,707.

10/8.1

9.5

Based on 31 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

9.9/10

Great Quality!

By on Wednesday, January 28, 2015

"It took me three years (possibly longer) to finally buy a new car. I had looked at everything from the gas mileage to the safety factors. The Kia Soul had everything I was looking for. I know now that my child and I have a safe, dependable ride. I love the way it drives and handles."

My first 'Foreign' car assembled in USA

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

Pros: "Good price, Responsive and good Gas mileage"

Cons: "Front Seat belts hard to clip on receiver too low"

My coffee colored Soul

"First, it looks great, I liked the lines when I saw it on the lot before I drove it. Then after the test drive I was sold; The turning radius was good, the ride was excellent, there was a bit more road noise than I was used to. Brakes were good, and I liked that it has side curtain air bags as well. I got the base model, but the Engine was peppy and responded better than I expected for a small car. (My other car is a V8 Truck) On the freeway it was easy to accelerate to merging speed and maintain the speed, Acceleration to pass is slower than the V8 that I am used to, but if you get the rpm of the transmission up and floor it, it takes off like s scared rabbit. Since having it for a while now I do love the cargo room and ease of loading, so much more convenient than a truck where groceries had to be loaded in the front and back seats and floor. Here the cargo net in the back holds everything from skidding about. The stock headlights were well, standard and since Alaska is Dark most of the winter I had to upgrade to a better bulb.. $65 for a pair Sylvania Ultras, you could go to LED or HID but that would be hundreds,, the Ultras work fine. The Tires have TPMS sensors. When I switched to winter tires I had to buy a second set of sensors for the winter rims, $75 for each sensor, I could have used the summer rims but they are aluminum and the salt etc in winter would pit them so I got a steel set for the winter tires. $160 for 4. This also resulted in me having to buy a second set of Lug nuts because the Kia ones are designed for mag wheels and short.. were as the steel wheels need ones which are longer. Note: I found out that Kia 100000 mile warranty on the engine is only good if KIA services it or you use Kia oil filters exclusively... its ok I got a lifetime oil change from them .. on that one they are the losers based on the going price of oil changes at various shops, 4 oil changes later the cost of the lifetime oil change is all paid for. All in all though this is a great little car. In our cold winters it takes a few miles for the engine to come up to temperature and warm up the interior.. but once it does its toasty. Love all the glass and it all stays defrosted, and the heated mirrors are a plus. Wish I had the heated seats, but it was not an option on the base model. Hands off blue tooth for the cellular system works good. This car got a great rating from Consumer Reports for front end and side impacts. All in all its a great buy for the money"

My coffee colored Soul

Love the feel of driving and look of this car

By on Monday, January 19, 2015

Pros: "Easy to drive, great handling and maneuverability"

Cons: "No Moon Roof or Heated Front Seats -- too expensiv"

"This is my second Kia -- my first was a used 2003 Spectra, which I purchased in an emergency when my GM car was totalled. I drove the used vehicle about 70K miles with no issues. However, the car was too small and light. My mechanic highly recommended a Kia or a Hyundai as a replacement for (1) mechanical reliability and (2) price. I purchased the Soul, because I liked the looks and had confidence in mechanical reliability with an endorsement from someone who had serviced my vehicle(s) for the past thirteen years. I love driving this vehicle, and the rear cargo area makes it very easy for me to load things and retrieve. I simply pull and push, rather than bending over to lift."

Perfect car for my needs.

By on Sunday, January 11, 2015

I don't own this car

Pros: "Good sound system, well equipped for the price."

Cons: "I'm satisfied."

"I am 82 years old and still do a little pick up and delivery work for a law firm. Virtually all of my driving is around town in Greenville, NC, the purpose for which I leased a 2013 soul. comfortable enough, automatic, good maneuverability, about 20 mpg around town. Manufacturer's info described the Soul as an "urban utility vehicle," exactly what I was looking for and what I got. Zero defects so far."

Loving My New 2015 Kia Soul Base

By on Saturday, January 03, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, great price, good MPG"

Cons: "Wish features were more customizable"

"I bought the new 2015 Kia Soul Base model about 3 weeks ago. Automatic transmission, 1.6 liter. It's white, with a two tone cloth grey/black interior. I also added the following features/accessories: 3M film, front hood cover, auto dimming rear view mirror with home links, UVO services with rear view camera, fog lights, floor mats, cargo net, wheel locks and a rubber cargo cover. Initially, I was hesitant to even drive one of these things because they look super small and a little silly. Let's not forget their commercials... But after taking my first test drive, I was hooked. Not only are they SUPER roomy, they are really fun to drive! And since the front seats sit higher, it still feels like you are driving a mini SUV. I have read many reviews of this car and most of the people complain about it not being powerful enough. But this isn't a car you buy for power. Yes, it doesn't go as fast as, lets say, the Mini Cooper. But you know that just based off of it's engine size. Also, I purchased a set of studded tires for this car - promptly after I drove it off the lot. Reason being is that I frequently drive over mountain passes (like 3x/month). This car did great in the snow! It was snowing pretty heavy the first time, but the combination of studs and front wheel drive - helped us get through the pass, worry free. Overall, I have found that the Base model is perfect for me. In the last 3 weeks alone, I have averaged about 30 MPG (highway) and have gotten about 390 miles to the tank! As a former SUV owner, the gas savings is a huge bonus. The only thing I don't really like about this car is that it's not as customizable as I thought it would be. Like, I wish I could turn off the automatic door locks - but you can only do that on the + and ! models. There are a couple little things like that, but nothing super annoying. Overall, I am very happy with this purchase and would definitely recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a solid little car with tons of features, and a good price."