2014 Kia Soul Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $14,109 - $14,592.

10/8.1

Based on 40 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

9.7/10

I love it!

By on Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, comfortable, roomy, price under 25k"

Cons: "milage could be better"

"I am just turning 70 with some physical problems like sciatica and lower back pain. I am about 5'6"tall. I have been looking for a small hatchback for about a year and test drove about 8-9 cars that fit the bill. For ME the priorities were 1. Seat comfort 2. Ability to see over stearing wheel 3. Roominess for errands at home lumber stores, etc 4. Clearance off the ground---ie. some cars hit curb when parking 5. Fun to drive 6. Last but not least: price under $25k There are a number of cars that have better gas mileage and equal roominess, but only one other of them had seats with power assisted drivers seat and lumbar support because they cater to a younger crowd. Kia hit the mark with this car for my age group as well as younger with all the cool technology. It is easy to get in and out of, is peppy enough to pass if needed, has plenty of room, tight enough handling and VERY comfortable. Could have a little better gas milage, but not the make or break feature for me. The warranty is great as well. I love this car every time I get in it!"

Soul is Back! and better than ever.

By on Wednesday, November 13, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "Comfortable, efficient, best warranty, functional"

Cons: "gets pricey with options like panoramic roof"

"I'd like to start off first by saying I am not only a Soul owner (2011 Plus) but also an automotive enthusiast. The 2014 Soul is all new though is still true to the iconic design that started it all. First Impressions: The exterior of the Soul is now more streamlined and will possibly appeal to a broader audience while still keeping the previous customers happy. Both the front and rear fascia have been updated. Interior: The Soul's all new interior is greatly improved over the old materials used. Now boasting soft touch accents along with cool features like heated steering wheel and a new hands free voice command system. This updated system allows you to change stations and radio types without taking your eyes off the road. All around the Soul has slightly increased in size which allows for more head, leg, and hip room. A new feature to 2014 is the rear center armrest and cupholders. Yes, cupholders which have been missing for the rear passengers ever since it's debut in 2010. The Soul also receives a number of useful cargo options like the new cargo blocks. Driving Experience: The 14 also receives updated powertrains featuring the GDI (Gasoline Direct Injection) and a smooth and responsive six speed manual and automatic transmissions. On the highway you'll notice right away the Soul is much quieter and the ride is improved. Kia also gives the driver three choices of steering responses though not much difference is noticed between the three. Performance: I was privileged to test drive not only a Plus with a 6A but also a base model with the 6M. Both engines provided adequate and spirited acceleration. The 2.0 with the 6A overall achieved 28 mpg according to the onboard computer. The 1.6 Base with the 6M achieved 35.9 mpg. Impressive for a boxy car. Overall: The Soul is even a more solid choice with it's new updates. I'd recommend the Plus model with 2.0 unless you're wanting the most bang for your buck then buy the base with the manual. Prices range from just over $15,000 after destination fees and will top out with the Exclaim package fully loaded for around $27,000. Overall the Soul is a great car for the money and is now even better."

Great vehicle - great gas mileage

By on Friday, December 27, 2013

Pros: "Good price, great gas mileage."

Cons: "No spare or donut, dealer didn't mention that."

"This is my first Kia, my last 5 vehicles were Hyundais, great vehicles. I needed a different profile so I test drove the Soul, it impressed me with its handling and its spaciousness. I continue to be impressed with its gas mileage, driving 55 miles r/t to work I average 35 mpg city. Overall I'm very pleased with the Soul."

Great vehicle so far

By on Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pros: "Great big small car,fun to drive."

Cons: "none so far"

"I've only had it a few weeks, it's a lot more room in it than it look's from outside. We went on 350 mile road trip with 4- adult's last week,it was very comfortable, smooth riding, and for a car with less than 500 miles on it we got 27.5 mpg."

Safety and Style-At an Affordable price

By on Monday, May 19, 2014

Pros: "Great MPG, sits high, easy to get in and out"

Cons: "Only black interior...the only drawback I can see."

"My husband had a 2012 Soul, and I took it for an appointment that I'd scheduled, but my car wasn't available. I was t-boned by a woman going the wrong way on a one way street, as I crossed the intersection with a green light. The car literally hopped sideways over 20 feet. The 2 side airbags deployed and I came through the collision badly bruised but without broken bones or permanent injury. The safety features made us decide that we didn't want to replace that vehicle with anything other than another Soul. So, we purchased the 2014. There are a lot of convenience factors that have been developed in the last 2 years. It's a little wider, a little taller, and has a number of new amenities. Most importantly, it is still safe, strong and so, so fun. We are a Kia family now!!"