2014 Kia Soul Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $14,249 - $14,699.

10/8.1

9.3

Based on 45 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

9.7/10

I love it!

By on Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, comfortable, roomy, price under 25k"

Cons: "milage could be better"

"I am just turning 70 with some physical problems like sciatica and lower back pain. I am about 5'6"tall. I have been looking for a small hatchback for about a year and test drove about 8-9 cars that fit the bill. For ME the priorities were 1. Seat comfort 2. Ability to see over stearing wheel 3. Roominess for errands at home lumber stores, etc 4. Clearance off the ground---ie. some cars hit curb when parking 5. Fun to drive 6. Last but not least: price under $25k There are a number of cars that have better gas mileage and equal roominess, but only one other of them had seats with power assisted drivers seat and lumbar support because they cater to a younger crowd. Kia hit the mark with this car for my age group as well as younger with all the cool technology. It is easy to get in and out of, is peppy enough to pass if needed, has plenty of room, tight enough handling and VERY comfortable. Could have a little better gas milage, but not the make or break feature for me. The warranty is great as well. I love this car every time I get in it!"

Soul is Back! and better than ever.

By on Wednesday, November 13, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "Comfortable, efficient, best warranty, functional"

Cons: "gets pricey with options like panoramic roof"

"I'd like to start off first by saying I am not only a Soul owner (2011 Plus) but also an automotive enthusiast. The 2014 Soul is all new though is still true to the iconic design that started it all. First Impressions: The exterior of the Soul is now more streamlined and will possibly appeal to a broader audience while still keeping the previous customers happy. Both the front and rear fascia have been updated. Interior: The Soul's all new interior is greatly improved over the old materials used. Now boasting soft touch accents along with cool features like heated steering wheel and a new hands free voice command system. This updated system allows you to change stations and radio types without taking your eyes off the road. All around the Soul has slightly increased in size which allows for more head, leg, and hip room. A new feature to 2014 is the rear center armrest and cupholders. Yes, cupholders which have been missing for the rear passengers ever since it's debut in 2010. The Soul also receives a number of useful cargo options like the new cargo blocks. Driving Experience: The 14 also receives updated powertrains featuring the GDI (Gasoline Direct Injection) and a smooth and responsive six speed manual and automatic transmissions. On the highway you'll notice right away the Soul is much quieter and the ride is improved. Kia also gives the driver three choices of steering responses though not much difference is noticed between the three. Performance: I was privileged to test drive not only a Plus with a 6A but also a base model with the 6M. Both engines provided adequate and spirited acceleration. The 2.0 with the 6A overall achieved 28 mpg according to the onboard computer. The 1.6 Base with the 6M achieved 35.9 mpg. Impressive for a boxy car. Overall: The Soul is even a more solid choice with it's new updates. I'd recommend the Plus model with 2.0 unless you're wanting the most bang for your buck then buy the base with the manual. Prices range from just over $15,000 after destination fees and will top out with the Exclaim package fully loaded for around $27,000. Overall the Soul is a great car for the money and is now even better."

Great Bang for your Buck

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pros: "Good quality little car, big passanger room, great"

Cons: "Poor service at both my local dealer's"

"I purchased my 2014 Soul in November 2013. I decided on the base because I drive my cars into the ground quickly. No need for to many options. In the 4 months I have owned this car, I have just over 11,000 miles. Only problem I had was a purge valve that failed. I had to wait a week for the part to come in. I am averaging just over 35 MPG. I do mostly highway driving. I am happy with the performance of the 1.6 GDI motor, it not a race car but does well on the hwy."

Safety and Style-At an Affordable price

By on Monday, May 19, 2014

Pros: "Great MPG, sits high, easy to get in and out"

Cons: "Only black interior...the only drawback I can see."

"My husband had a 2012 Soul, and I took it for an appointment that I'd scheduled, but my car wasn't available. I was t-boned by a woman going the wrong way on a one way street, as I crossed the intersection with a green light. The car literally hopped sideways over 20 feet. The 2 side airbags deployed and I came through the collision badly bruised but without broken bones or permanent injury. The safety features made us decide that we didn't want to replace that vehicle with anything other than another Soul. So, we purchased the 2014. There are a lot of convenience factors that have been developed in the last 2 years. It's a little wider, a little taller, and has a number of new amenities. Most importantly, it is still safe, strong and so, so fun. We are a Kia family now!!"

Suprised

By on Thursday, January 09, 2014

Pros: "Lots of features standard, great drive, spacious"

Cons: "Small Trunk Space, Looks like a Box"

"I am not a foreign car type of guy. My family grew up with Dodge and Chrysler. So this is my first Kia ever and I am very impressed. I actually enjoy driving our base model Soul more than our fully loaded 2013 Dodge Dart. It is VERY spacious. From the outside it looks very small, but when you get in, it feels like your sitting in a large SUV! I am big guy, and I have plenty of head room and drive comfortably. I was VERY impressed with the Base model Standard features. It has SiriusXM, USB, Bluetooth phone with hands free talking, and many more features I did not think comes standard. We were able to trade almost straight across with our Base Model 2011 Toyota Camry. I believe we have like 50 dollar payments a month but that is about it. I would suggest this car to anyone! Great gas mileage for what it has. We get 25 in town and 35 highway, so its better than what they say it gets. The only con I believe I can say is a personal preference, I don't like the boxy body style and small trunk space."