2014 Kia Soul Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,042 - $16,554.

10/8.1

9.3

Based on 44 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

9.7/10

Very impressed for the $$$!!!

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

"I am very impressed with the Soul! I waited for a few years and I think the 2014 is right on the mark. Just got an Inferno Red Whole Shebang. I could not come close to the features offered on this package with other "premier" models. My little retirement ride. I do wish it had a little more punch in the engine area."

My first 'Foreign' car assembled in USA

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

Pros: "Good price, Responsive and good Gas mileage"

Cons: "Front Seat belts hard to clip on receiver too low"

My coffee colored Soul

"First, it looks great, I liked the lines when I saw it on the lot before I drove it. Then after the test drive I was sold; The turning radius was good, the ride was excellent, there was a bit more road noise than I was used to. Brakes were good, and I liked that it has side curtain air bags as well. I got the base model, but the Engine was peppy and responded better than I expected for a small car. (My other car is a V8 Truck) On the freeway it was easy to accelerate to merging speed and maintain the speed, Acceleration to pass is slower than the V8 that I am used to, but if you get the rpm of the transmission up and floor it, it takes off like s scared rabbit. Since having it for a while now I do love the cargo room and ease of loading, so much more convenient than a truck where groceries had to be loaded in the front and back seats and floor. Here the cargo net in the back holds everything from skidding about. The stock headlights were well, standard and since Alaska is Dark most of the winter I had to upgrade to a better bulb.. $65 for a pair Sylvania Ultras, you could go to LED or HID but that would be hundreds,, the Ultras work fine. The Tires have TPMS sensors. When I switched to winter tires I had to buy a second set of sensors for the winter rims, $75 for each sensor, I could have used the summer rims but they are aluminum and the salt etc in winter would pit them so I got a steel set for the winter tires. $160 for 4. This also resulted in me having to buy a second set of Lug nuts because the Kia ones are designed for mag wheels and short.. were as the steel wheels need ones which are longer. Note: I found out that Kia 100000 mile warranty on the engine is only good if KIA services it or you use Kia oil filters exclusively... its ok I got a lifetime oil change from them .. on that one they are the losers based on the going price of oil changes at various shops, 4 oil changes later the cost of the lifetime oil change is all paid for. All in all though this is a great little car. In our cold winters it takes a few miles for the engine to come up to temperature and warm up the interior.. but once it does its toasty. Love all the glass and it all stays defrosted, and the heated mirrors are a plus. Wish I had the heated seats, but it was not an option on the base model. Hands off blue tooth for the cellular system works good. This car got a great rating from Consumer Reports for front end and side impacts. All in all its a great buy for the money"

My coffee colored Soul

Excellent car

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "High quality materials and tons of toys and option"

Cons: "small to medium rear luggage capacity"

"I used to be one of the many haters and ignorants out there until I test drove this car, I needed a second car to commute since my other car is a Porsche 911. I must say I am deeply impressed by the quality materials, silent ride and spacious interior. I used to be a hater, now I am a believer!"

Great vehicle - great gas mileage

By on Friday, December 27, 2013

Pros: "Good price, great gas mileage."

Cons: "No spare or donut, dealer didn't mention that."

"This is my first Kia, my last 5 vehicles were Hyundais, great vehicles. I needed a different profile so I test drove the Soul, it impressed me with its handling and its spaciousness. I continue to be impressed with its gas mileage, driving 55 miles r/t to work I average 35 mpg city. Overall I'm very pleased with the Soul."

Great for just about everything

By on Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Pros: "Value, versatility, stereo, panoramic moonroof"

Cons: "MPG could be better"

"I have always had imported sports cars, but decided it was time to be sensible. I bought a 2014 Kia Soul! with a panoramic moonroof and navigation. This car is fantastic, there is plenty of room for my two Golden Retrievers, as well as just about anything else. Plenty of power from the 2.0L engine, very little body roll, great brakes and smooth ride. The stereo is exceptional, the nav system/backup camera are wonderful and all the little storage nooks are a plus. My only complaint, and a mild one at that is the mpg. I seem to average around 30 mpg combined. That's not bad, but it could be better. This is my second Soul, and I have yet to need a repair, much less pay for one. Dealer service is erratic, but this is a Kia, not a Porsche so you just live with it. Not that they are rude or incompetent, just not as welcoming and obsequious as the folks at BMW, Porsche, Infinity or Mercedes. Looks good, drives good, carries a ton of stuff, and as reliable as the day is long. Love it."