2014 Kia Soul Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,216 - $16,637.

10/8.1

9.6

Based on 27 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

9.9/10

Alomost Perfect at Great Price

By on Saturday, December 20, 2014

Pros: "Awesome Bang for Buck"

Cons: "Underpowered from start, needs 7th gear for HWY"

"I have the 1.6 Manual. Let me get the bad out of the way: This thing has NO acceleration from a stop. Also, the clutch is very soft. The reverse and 1st gear share same position. The good: Great handing, stiff suspension on Mulholland hwy curves. Once set equalizer of stereo, sounds great for free. Packed with useful electronic features. AC and heat work great. When tires inflated to 34 psi and 60F outside, I get slightly over 40 MPG of pure highway driving at 60 MPH. Averages about 35 or 36 MPG highway, but only mid 20's city. This is outstanding gas mileage for a boxy shaped car. Car is roomy. I am 6'1" and have even slept laid out across the back seats for power naps. This car rock and rolls once up to speed. It's torque is at the higher RPMs, so you can do some passing on hwy, but requires planning. Have driven it to max 110 MPH on *salt flats*. Car needs a 7th gear as 6th gear is under geared for California 80 mph hwy traffic. You can carry alot of people OR alot of cargo, but not both. Friend commented how roomy it actually was inside. Car is visually appealing. I have actually seen a few hot babes driving around in new KIA souls in Beverly hills and Koreatown - two areas of Los Angeles where image is important. Car has excellent comfort for long (+100 miles) trips."

CHEAP CAR IF YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT THE DETAILS.

By on Thursday, December 18, 2014

Pros: "DECENT GAS MILEAGE PLENTY OF ROOM"

Cons: "CHEAPLY BUILT, FALLS APART AFTER A YEAR OR SO."

"BOUGHT THIS CAR BRAND NEW IN JUNE OF 2013. I HAVE WRITTEN TWO REVIEWS. BOTH POSITIVE AND NOT SO POSITIVE. THIS WILL BE MY LAST REVIEW SINCE MY CAR IS TWO YEARS OLD NOW AS OF OCT 2014 AND THE 2015'S ARE COMING OUT. OVERALL THE CAR IS A DECENT CHEAP BUILT CAR. AFTER TWO YEARS AND 18,000 MILES, THE INTERIOR IS FALLING APART. BUTTONS BREAKING, SEATS COMING UNDONE. I HAVE HAD TO HAD TO THE SEATS REPAIRED NUMEROUS TIMES. THIS IS JUST NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR. AND NO ONE SITS IN THE BACK SEATS. JUST IF YOU PUT GROCERIES OR LOWER THE BACK SEATS, THE MATERIAL GETS STRETCHED AND STARTS COMING APART AT THE SEEMS. IT STILL RUNS GOOD. THE VERY EXPENSIVE FLOOR MATTS STARTED FALLING APART, AND I MEAN LITERALLY COMING APART AT THE SEAMS ARE WORTHLESS. DO NOT BUY THOSE. (375.00) FOR THE FLOOR MATTS AND THEY ARE HORRIBLY MADE. YOU CAN GET BETTER QUALITY FROM AFTER MARKET RETAILERS FOR LOT LESS. THE BACK SPEAKERS HAVE QUIT WORKING AND HAVE HAD TO HAVE THEM REPLACED, DEALERSHIP SAID THOSE WERE NOT UNDER WARRANTY. (310.00) FOR THE BACK SPEAKERS. THE BLUE TOOTH VIA RADIO WORKS GREAT. THE WINDSHIELD WIPERS I HAVE TO REPLACE ALREADY. (48.00 FOR THE FRONT) $ (11.99) FOR THE BACK. AND YOU HAVE TO ORDER THEM FROM THE DEALER, THEY ARE NOT IN THE AFTER MARKET STORES YET FOR THE 2013 MODEL. THE GAS CAP HAD TO BE REPLACED AGAIN DEALER ITEM ($84.00). THE PLASTIC GAS CAP STRIPS VERY EASILY. COMMON COMPLAINT I HAVE HEARD FROM OTHER KIA SOUL OWNERS FROM MY MODEL YEAR. THE AUTOMATIC LOCKS HAD TO BE FIXED, AGAIN DEALER SAID NOT A WARRANTY ITEM, ($975.25). THE POWER WINDOW UNIT ON DRIVER SIDE HAD TO BE REPLACED, AGAIN DEALERSHIP SAID NOT A WARRANTY ITEM ($1,024.36). I HAVE THE SILVER FINISH, PAINT IS FADING HORRIBLY, AND I KEEP MY CAR CLEAN AND GARAGED AND I WAX IT EVERY SIX MONTHS WITH HIGH QUALITY WAX. ($36.00) BOTTLE. WAS TOLD BY DEALERSHIP THE PAINT IS NOT A WARRANTY ITEM IF YOU DO NOT BUY THE VERY EXPENSIVE SOUTHWEST PROTECTIVE PACKAGE AT ($2900.00) THE REAR BLACK PLASTIC BUMPER BY THE LIC. PLATE HAD TO BE REPLACED, AGAIN TOLD NOT A WARRANTY ITEM ($310.11) LABOR WAS ($125.00) TO REPLACE IT. THE FRONT BLACK PLASTIC GRILL HAD TO BE REPLACED ($458.27) PLUS ($125.00) IN LABOR. AGAIN TOLD NOT A WARRANTY ITEM. THIS CAR IS BUILT VERY CHEAPLY AND OVER TIME IT SHOWS. NO I DO NOT ROUGH HOUSE THIS CAR. I TREAT IT LIKE A BABY. I KEEP IT CLEAN, REGULAR TUNE UP AND MAINTENANCE, I FOLLOW THE BOOKS MAINT SCHEDULE RELIGIOUSLY. SO IF YOU DON'T MIND ALL THE LITTLE DETAILS AND THE COST TO REPAIR THINGS, THIS IS A CHEAP CAR TO OWN. DECENT GAS MILEAGE, PLENTY OF ROOM AND A GREAT FIRST CAR"

what a great car

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

Pros: "incredible value, stylish, spacious, safe,"

have you seen him?

"i've driven and owned many vehicles in my life and this one ranks in the top. It's spacious, well designed, comfortable, perky, stylish, gets great gas mileage and SAFE. It has amenities not found standard in other more expensive autos. My friend went and bought one on my suggestion and the fact I couldn't stop raving about mine and how much I enjoyed driving it. I drove it like a Rally Car (of course not exceeding the speed limit and never any unsafe maneuvers:) and it took it like a champ. Unfortunately someone else loved my car too, and it went missing this past weekend so I came on to KBB to research a replacement.. I definitely will be looking for another KIA Soul, I would be a fool not to."

have you seen him?

so far so good

By on Sunday, October 19, 2014

Pros: "quiet and comfortable."

Cons: "no arm rest, radio won't save time and calendar."

"I bought this car about a week and a half ago and use it as my daily driver. The car is quiet and roomy. The cluster looks great and I love the car overall. I only have a few gripes and they are: no standard center console with arm rest. The radio refuses to save the time and date after the car has been off longer than 3 hours. Last, I have a hard time getting used to the lack of power. I've been driving manual for over 5 years and I just can't get the hang of the relaxed motor that just won't rev. Despite those reasons, I still would recommend this car."

Love it!

By on Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Pros: "Great Value and features"

Cons: "None yet!"

"I have been a KIA owner for years trading in my KIA Spectra5 year 2005 for the KIA Soul Plus and have only been driving it for a week and I am absolutely in love with this car from all the features ( sound system,UVO,bluetooth,color lights lol and navigation and more to the handling of the car and the overall feel that I am in a more expensive vehicle! Just the perfect amount of space for me and for traveling with a friend or two. Keep it up KIA!"

I couldn't believe you could get a Nav system in a

By on Monday, October 06, 2014

Pros: "Navigation system is excellent"

Cons: "None yet"

"vehicle for under $25,000.00"

Great car!

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "Very fun to drive. Great gas saver."

Cons: "Not a family car at all"

"I've had this car for a short time but I have loved it it's just not quite big enough for me though. The inside is much larger then the outside suggested. No trunk space what so ever but has storage bins to utilize. The sound system even in a base model is pretty of the chain. I have a family so I need more space as much as it does have its not quite enough for a family. If I was a single guy though best believe I'd keep it!"

I love this car

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

Pros: "Features you get for the price"

Cons: "Start up screen making you hit AGREE constantly"

"This car gets good gas mileage and I love driving it. I went from a 6 cylinder though so I'm still getting used to the smaller engine feel when I hit the gas. Alot of features for your money.The one thing that I do not like because it becomes irritating is the start up screen always makes you hit agree."

Base Model has more than most

By on Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Pros: "Tons of extras on base, magical growing interior"

Cons: "Engine has no power, slow takeoff, lots of plastic"

"I was quite surprised at the amount of extras that come with the base model. The base model comes with hands free call and bluetooth, Pandora ready, Ipod ready, USB plug, plus it has all the hook-ups behind the stereo to get the UVO later on. Many complain about the No CD play thing, but to me that really isn't a big deal, because come on, who still uses CD's? With the USB, bluetooth Pandora ready, and Sirus sat radio, why would you need a CD that only holds like 15 songs on average? You have a cell phone right, just rip your CD's to computer then add songs to phone and set to bluetooth and listen away. There is tons of head room in this car, though it may look small, is huge on the inside. I am a 450 pound man and I sit in this car as comfortable as if I am driving a Truck. Great car for a Great Price, and this is coming from a guy that steered away from foreign cars and stuck with Mopar his whole life."

Luxury at budget price

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pros: "sunroof, heated/ventilated seats, audio system"

Cons: "cheap carpeting"

"I've had the plus model with the primo package for about six weeks and am in love with it. I feel like I'm driving a luxury car with heated/ventilated leather seats, a panoramic sunroof and an 8 inch touchscreen navigation/radio system. You pay for these features, but it works out to much less than the competition. On top of that, the car has personality, which is rare these days. I'm very happy with the handling and performance. My only complaint is that the carpet is super cheap and holds every spec of dirt, but that is easily remedied with full coverage custom floor mats."

Great car for the mOney

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "Roomy"

Cons: "No CD"

"Great inside with a lot of room for 2 people and luggage. Cute looking car with good mileage."

Nice car

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, nice drive very comfortable."

Cons: "No cd player."

"Bought this 2 weeks ago, love it! Nice design, interior roomy and super comfortable. 4 cylinder engine w/ good MPG. Only complaint is NO CD player. Drives great. Test drive it !"

Excellent car

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "High quality materials and tons of toys and option"

Cons: "small to medium rear luggage capacity"

"I used to be one of the many haters and ignorants out there until I test drove this car, I needed a second car to commute since my other car is a Porsche 911. I must say I am deeply impressed by the quality materials, silent ride and spacious interior. I used to be a hater, now I am a believer!"

Safety and Style-At an Affordable price

By on Monday, May 19, 2014

Pros: "Great MPG, sits high, easy to get in and out"

Cons: "Only black interior...the only drawback I can see."

"My husband had a 2012 Soul, and I took it for an appointment that I'd scheduled, but my car wasn't available. I was t-boned by a woman going the wrong way on a one way street, as I crossed the intersection with a green light. The car literally hopped sideways over 20 feet. The 2 side airbags deployed and I came through the collision badly bruised but without broken bones or permanent injury. The safety features made us decide that we didn't want to replace that vehicle with anything other than another Soul. So, we purchased the 2014. There are a lot of convenience factors that have been developed in the last 2 years. It's a little wider, a little taller, and has a number of new amenities. Most importantly, it is still safe, strong and so, so fun. We are a Kia family now!!"

First Kia - VERY Impressed

By on Friday, May 09, 2014

Pros: "Great mileage, plenty of room, cute style"

Cons: "None so far"

"Just turned over 2,000 miles today. My first Kia and I am overjoyed. Comfortable interior, plenty of headroom and room for passenger. Have not had passengers in back seat yet, but it seems ample. Averaged 30 mpg for each tank so far. Bought the Exclaim version because I wanted the folding mirrors to fit in my garage now that I have racks of stuff on the side. They work great and I really like the back-up camera. No CD player which turned me off at first but I soon found I like it because the Soul has a built-in MP3 player so I copied all my CDs on a USB drive and finally joined the 21st century. It's nice to have all the music instead of only a couple CDs in the car. Convinced me to also put them on an MP3 player to use at home instead of separate CDs. The car has changed my life in many ways!"

I purchased this car approx. two weeks ago......

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

Pros: "Appearance"

Cons: "Poor Bluetooth transmission, unlock button unlit"

"I was in love with the car until I realized the Bluetooth quality was poor. During calls my conversation breaks and when I go over bumps I have poor call transmission. The mechanic at the Kia dealers said they find no problem with the bluetooth, this does not make me happy. The unlock button does not light up, the mechanic also said this is normal but for me it's disappointing. The love I had for my Kia Soul+ is being drained from me."

Great Bang for your Buck

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pros: "Good quality little car, big passanger room, great"

Cons: "Poor service at both my local dealer's"

"I purchased my 2014 Soul in November 2013. I decided on the base because I drive my cars into the ground quickly. No need for to many options. In the 4 months I have owned this car, I have just over 11,000 miles. Only problem I had was a purge valve that failed. I had to wait a week for the part to come in. I am averaging just over 35 MPG. I do mostly highway driving. I am happy with the performance of the 1.6 GDI motor, it not a race car but does well on the hwy."

GREAT VALUE...EXCELLENT CROSSOVER EVER DROVE

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, power, features, comfortable, style"

Cons: "none at this time"

"Recently bought a Kia Soul feels like a orbit machine on design have with the boxy exterior. My Soul is extremely great on comfortable seats have heated memory, heated outside mirrors. Handles like riding a boat on excellent performance even rides solid. Most of all the SUV has best fuel economy than ever although its better quality crossover from Kia this is what I love about it gets over 42 mpg. It was available with (Blind spot warning/traction control system) Infotainment center, navigation, rear backup cam, climate control and much more. I love the color has in green which looks a lot sportier. Manual transmission makes it enjoyable to drive giving lots of handling whenever need it. The Soul very roomy love this four door crossover was cheaper and have the features at a low price. I highly recommend it coming from a Toyota and BMW the Kia is best ever."

DRIVES GOOD! I'm skeptical?!

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "Dependable, speakers sound good, engine space."

Cons: "Tick in first minute of warm-up."

"Seems good.. Tick in the motor for the first minute while warming up. I was told it was the new GDI fuel injection. I guess I'll see. The tick is the only thing I am fearful of. These are like the Honda Civics of the future. Intake, Exhaust, Lowering Kit, anti-swaybars.... Lets get this stuff selling for a decent price and I'll soak it up."

Great First New Car Purchase

By on Sunday, March 02, 2014

Pros: "MPG's, Room, Comfort, style"

Cons: "Needs all season tires, trip computer settings"

"My wife and I just purchased a brand new soul base with 4 miles on the clock. Are first 375 miles were amazing until we filled up again and noticed the avg mpg reset automatically, that was annoying. Then 2 days ago we got 3-5" of snow and I realized it get pulled all over and had ZERO traction with the stock tires. In the rain and slush it was amazing. we even had 50 mile an hr wind gusts and it did surprisingly well. I think it needs a better set of all season tires when sold in the north. I can't wait to take it on a long road trip and really test her out. We have the base with the 1.6 auto and it has more than enough get up and go. we are averaging 27 mpg on 2 tanks and that's with letting it sit and warm up in 10 degree weather. The passenger side wiper iced up going down the road as well but didn't hnder my view much at all. I know I'm being negative but this car/suv/wagon is a dream to drive and has more room then I know what to do with. I think that all season tires would make its winter driving night and day."

Very impressed for the $$$!!!

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

"I am very impressed with the Soul! I waited for a few years and I think the 2014 is right on the mark. Just got an Inferno Red Whole Shebang. I could not come close to the features offered on this package with other "premier" models. My little retirement ride. I do wish it had a little more punch in the engine area."

I love my Kia Soul!!

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Great price, cute, roomy"

Cons: "None."

"We just bought a 2014 Kia Soul. I've always wanted one, but this is the first time I've ever owned one. It is a cute and funky family car. With the room of a small SUV and the fule economy of a sedan, it has def been worth the money we spent."

Love My New KIA SOUL!!!!!!

By on Monday, January 20, 2014

Pros: "Space inside, features, cost, gas mileage"

Cons: "ummm nothing that I can think of"

"I had 2 Kia Souls from 2012 that I purchased on the same day so you could say I loved the Soul from the start. When I saw the new model for 2014, I knew I had to have one. I went from having a + model 2012 to an ! 2014 and there is a HUGE difference. I love all of the new features from the panoramic sunroof to the electric side folding mirrors. As long as there is a Kia Soul being made - This girl will own one :)"

Suprised

By on Thursday, January 09, 2014

Pros: "Lots of features standard, great drive, spacious"

Cons: "Small Trunk Space, Looks like a Box"

"I am not a foreign car type of guy. My family grew up with Dodge and Chrysler. So this is my first Kia ever and I am very impressed. I actually enjoy driving our base model Soul more than our fully loaded 2013 Dodge Dart. It is VERY spacious. From the outside it looks very small, but when you get in, it feels like your sitting in a large SUV! I am big guy, and I have plenty of head room and drive comfortably. I was VERY impressed with the Base model Standard features. It has SiriusXM, USB, Bluetooth phone with hands free talking, and many more features I did not think comes standard. We were able to trade almost straight across with our Base Model 2011 Toyota Camry. I believe we have like 50 dollar payments a month but that is about it. I would suggest this car to anyone! Great gas mileage for what it has. We get 25 in town and 35 highway, so its better than what they say it gets. The only con I believe I can say is a personal preference, I don't like the boxy body style and small trunk space."

Great vehicle - great gas mileage

By on Friday, December 27, 2013

Pros: "Good price, great gas mileage."

Cons: "No spare or donut, dealer didn't mention that."

"This is my first Kia, my last 5 vehicles were Hyundais, great vehicles. I needed a different profile so I test drove the Soul, it impressed me with its handling and its spaciousness. I continue to be impressed with its gas mileage, driving 55 miles r/t to work I average 35 mpg city. Overall I'm very pleased with the Soul."