2014 Kia Soul Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,364 - $16,739.

10/8.1

9.7

Based on 19 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10
    9.8/10

Base Model has more than most

By on Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Pros: "Tons of extras on base, magical growing interior"

Cons: "Engine has no power, slow takeoff, lots of plastic"

"I was quite surprised at the amount of extras that come with the base model. The base model comes with hands free call and bluetooth, Pandora ready, Ipod ready, USB plug, plus it has all the hook-ups behind the stereo to get the UVO later on. Many complain about the No CD play thing, but to me that really isn't a big deal, because come on, who still uses CD's? With the USB, bluetooth Pandora ready, and Sirus sat radio, why would you need a CD that only holds like 15 songs on average? You have a cell phone right, just rip your CD's to computer then add songs to phone and set to bluetooth and listen away. There is tons of head room in this car, though it may look small, is huge on the inside. I am a 450 pound man and I sit in this car as comfortable as if I am driving a Truck. Great car for a Great Price, and this is coming from a guy that steered away from foreign cars and stuck with Mopar his whole life."

Luxury at budget price

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pros: "sunroof, heated/ventilated seats, audio system"

Cons: "cheap carpeting"

"I've had the plus model with the primo package for about six weeks and am in love with it. I feel like I'm driving a luxury car with heated/ventilated leather seats, a panoramic sunroof and an 8 inch touchscreen navigation/radio system. You pay for these features, but it works out to much less than the competition. On top of that, the car has personality, which is rare these days. I'm very happy with the handling and performance. My only complaint is that the carpet is super cheap and holds every spec of dirt, but that is easily remedied with full coverage custom floor mats."

Great car for the mOney

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "Roomy"

Cons: "No CD"

"Great inside with a lot of room for 2 people and luggage. Cute looking car with good mileage."

Nice car

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, nice drive very comfortable."

Cons: "No cd player."

"Bought this 2 weeks ago, love it! Nice design, interior roomy and super comfortable. 4 cylinder engine w/ good MPG. Only complaint is NO CD player. Drives great. Test drive it !"

Excellent car

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "High quality materials and tons of toys and option"

Cons: "small to medium rear luggage capacity"

"I used to be one of the many haters and ignorants out there until I test drove this car, I needed a second car to commute since my other car is a Porsche 911. I must say I am deeply impressed by the quality materials, silent ride and spacious interior. I used to be a hater, now I am a believer!"

Safety and Style-At an Affordable price

By on Monday, May 19, 2014

Pros: "Great MPG, sits high, easy to get in and out"

Cons: "Only black interior...the only drawback I can see."

"My husband had a 2012 Soul, and I took it for an appointment that I'd scheduled, but my car wasn't available. I was t-boned by a woman going the wrong way on a one way street, as I crossed the intersection with a green light. The car literally hopped sideways over 20 feet. The 2 side airbags deployed and I came through the collision badly bruised but without broken bones or permanent injury. The safety features made us decide that we didn't want to replace that vehicle with anything other than another Soul. So, we purchased the 2014. There are a lot of convenience factors that have been developed in the last 2 years. It's a little wider, a little taller, and has a number of new amenities. Most importantly, it is still safe, strong and so, so fun. We are a Kia family now!!"

First Kia - VERY Impressed

By on Friday, May 09, 2014

Pros: "Great mileage, plenty of room, cute style"

Cons: "None so far"

"Just turned over 2,000 miles today. My first Kia and I am overjoyed. Comfortable interior, plenty of headroom and room for passenger. Have not had passengers in back seat yet, but it seems ample. Averaged 30 mpg for each tank so far. Bought the Exclaim version because I wanted the folding mirrors to fit in my garage now that I have racks of stuff on the side. They work great and I really like the back-up camera. No CD player which turned me off at first but I soon found I like it because the Soul has a built-in MP3 player so I copied all my CDs on a USB drive and finally joined the 21st century. It's nice to have all the music instead of only a couple CDs in the car. Convinced me to also put them on an MP3 player to use at home instead of separate CDs. The car has changed my life in many ways!"

I purchased this car approx. two weeks ago......

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

Pros: "Appearance"

Cons: "Poor Bluetooth transmission, unlock button unlit"

"I was in love with the car until I realized the Bluetooth quality was poor. During calls my conversation breaks and when I go over bumps I have poor call transmission. The mechanic at the Kia dealers said they find no problem with the bluetooth, this does not make me happy. The unlock button does not light up, the mechanic also said this is normal but for me it's disappointing. The love I had for my Kia Soul+ is being drained from me."

Great Bang for your Buck

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pros: "Good quality little car, big passanger room, great"

Cons: "Poor service at both my local dealer's"

"I purchased my 2014 Soul in November 2013. I decided on the base because I drive my cars into the ground quickly. No need for to many options. In the 4 months I have owned this car, I have just over 11,000 miles. Only problem I had was a purge valve that failed. I had to wait a week for the part to come in. I am averaging just over 35 MPG. I do mostly highway driving. I am happy with the performance of the 1.6 GDI motor, it not a race car but does well on the hwy."

GREAT VALUE...EXCELLENT CROSSOVER EVER DROVE

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, power, features, comfortable, style"

Cons: "none at this time"

"Recently bought a Kia Soul feels like a orbit machine on design have with the boxy exterior. My Soul is extremely great on comfortable seats have heated memory, heated outside mirrors. Handles like riding a boat on excellent performance even rides solid. Most of all the SUV has best fuel economy than ever although its better quality crossover from Kia this is what I love about it gets over 42 mpg. It was available with (Blind spot warning/traction control system) Infotainment center, navigation, rear backup cam, climate control and much more. I love the color has in green which looks a lot sportier. Manual transmission makes it enjoyable to drive giving lots of handling whenever need it. The Soul very roomy love this four door crossover was cheaper and have the features at a low price. I highly recommend it coming from a Toyota and BMW the Kia is best ever."

DRIVES GOOD! I'm skeptical?!

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "Dependable, speakers sound good, engine space."

Cons: "Tick in first minute of warm-up."

"Seems good.. Tick in the motor for the first minute while warming up. I was told it was the new GDI fuel injection. I guess I'll see. The tick is the only thing I am fearful of. These are like the Honda Civics of the future. Intake, Exhaust, Lowering Kit, anti-swaybars.... Lets get this stuff selling for a decent price and I'll soak it up."

Great First New Car Purchase

By on Sunday, March 02, 2014

Pros: "MPG's, Room, Comfort, style"

Cons: "Needs all season tires, trip computer settings"

"My wife and I just purchased a brand new soul base with 4 miles on the clock. Are first 375 miles were amazing until we filled up again and noticed the avg mpg reset automatically, that was annoying. Then 2 days ago we got 3-5" of snow and I realized it get pulled all over and had ZERO traction with the stock tires. In the rain and slush it was amazing. we even had 50 mile an hr wind gusts and it did surprisingly well. I think it needs a better set of all season tires when sold in the north. I can't wait to take it on a long road trip and really test her out. We have the base with the 1.6 auto and it has more than enough get up and go. we are averaging 27 mpg on 2 tanks and that's with letting it sit and warm up in 10 degree weather. The passenger side wiper iced up going down the road as well but didn't hnder my view much at all. I know I'm being negative but this car/suv/wagon is a dream to drive and has more room then I know what to do with. I think that all season tires would make its winter driving night and day."

Very impressed for the $$$!!!

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

"I am very impressed with the Soul! I waited for a few years and I think the 2014 is right on the mark. Just got an Inferno Red Whole Shebang. I could not come close to the features offered on this package with other "premier" models. My little retirement ride. I do wish it had a little more punch in the engine area."

I love my Kia Soul!!

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Great price, cute, roomy"

Cons: "None."

"We just bought a 2014 Kia Soul. I've always wanted one, but this is the first time I've ever owned one. It is a cute and funky family car. With the room of a small SUV and the fule economy of a sedan, it has def been worth the money we spent."

Love My New KIA SOUL!!!!!!

By on Monday, January 20, 2014

Pros: "Space inside, features, cost, gas mileage"

Cons: "ummm nothing that I can think of"

"I had 2 Kia Souls from 2012 that I purchased on the same day so you could say I loved the Soul from the start. When I saw the new model for 2014, I knew I had to have one. I went from having a + model 2012 to an ! 2014 and there is a HUGE difference. I love all of the new features from the panoramic sunroof to the electric side folding mirrors. As long as there is a Kia Soul being made - This girl will own one :)"

Suprised

By on Thursday, January 09, 2014

Pros: "Lots of features standard, great drive, spacious"

Cons: "Small Trunk Space, Looks like a Box"

"I am not a foreign car type of guy. My family grew up with Dodge and Chrysler. So this is my first Kia ever and I am very impressed. I actually enjoy driving our base model Soul more than our fully loaded 2013 Dodge Dart. It is VERY spacious. From the outside it looks very small, but when you get in, it feels like your sitting in a large SUV! I am big guy, and I have plenty of head room and drive comfortably. I was VERY impressed with the Base model Standard features. It has SiriusXM, USB, Bluetooth phone with hands free talking, and many more features I did not think comes standard. We were able to trade almost straight across with our Base Model 2011 Toyota Camry. I believe we have like 50 dollar payments a month but that is about it. I would suggest this car to anyone! Great gas mileage for what it has. We get 25 in town and 35 highway, so its better than what they say it gets. The only con I believe I can say is a personal preference, I don't like the boxy body style and small trunk space."

Great vehicle - great gas mileage

By on Friday, December 27, 2013

Pros: "Good price, great gas mileage."

Cons: "No spare or donut, dealer didn't mention that."

"This is my first Kia, my last 5 vehicles were Hyundais, great vehicles. I needed a different profile so I test drove the Soul, it impressed me with its handling and its spaciousness. I continue to be impressed with its gas mileage, driving 55 miles r/t to work I average 35 mpg city. Overall I'm very pleased with the Soul."

Great vehicle so far

By on Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pros: "Great big small car,fun to drive."

Cons: "none so far"

"I've only had it a few weeks, it's a lot more room in it than it look's from outside. We went on 350 mile road trip with 4- adult's last week,it was very comfortable, smooth riding, and for a car with less than 500 miles on it we got 27.5 mpg."

Soul is Back! and better than ever.

By on Wednesday, November 13, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "Comfortable, efficient, best warranty, functional"

Cons: "gets pricey with options like panoramic roof"

"I'd like to start off first by saying I am not only a Soul owner (2011 Plus) but also an automotive enthusiast. The 2014 Soul is all new though is still true to the iconic design that started it all. First Impressions: The exterior of the Soul is now more streamlined and will possibly appeal to a broader audience while still keeping the previous customers happy. Both the front and rear fascia have been updated. Interior: The Soul's all new interior is greatly improved over the old materials used. Now boasting soft touch accents along with cool features like heated steering wheel and a new hands free voice command system. This updated system allows you to change stations and radio types without taking your eyes off the road. All around the Soul has slightly increased in size which allows for more head, leg, and hip room. A new feature to 2014 is the rear center armrest and cupholders. Yes, cupholders which have been missing for the rear passengers ever since it's debut in 2010. The Soul also receives a number of useful cargo options like the new cargo blocks. Driving Experience: The 14 also receives updated powertrains featuring the GDI (Gasoline Direct Injection) and a smooth and responsive six speed manual and automatic transmissions. On the highway you'll notice right away the Soul is much quieter and the ride is improved. Kia also gives the driver three choices of steering responses though not much difference is noticed between the three. Performance: I was privileged to test drive not only a Plus with a 6A but also a base model with the 6M. Both engines provided adequate and spirited acceleration. The 2.0 with the 6A overall achieved 28 mpg according to the onboard computer. The 1.6 Base with the 6M achieved 35.9 mpg. Impressive for a boxy car. Overall: The Soul is even a more solid choice with it's new updates. I'd recommend the Plus model with 2.0 unless you're wanting the most bang for your buck then buy the base with the manual. Prices range from just over $15,000 after destination fees and will top out with the Exclaim package fully loaded for around $27,000. Overall the Soul is a great car for the money and is now even better."