2014 Kia Soul Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $14,362 - $14,735.

10/8.1

9.6

Based on 27 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

9.9/10

Alomost Perfect at Great Price

By on Saturday, December 20, 2014

Pros: "Awesome Bang for Buck"

Cons: "Underpowered from start, needs 7th gear for HWY"

"I have the 1.6 Manual. Let me get the bad out of the way: This thing has NO acceleration from a stop. Also, the clutch is very soft. The reverse and 1st gear share same position. The good: Great handing, stiff suspension on Mulholland hwy curves. Once set equalizer of stereo, sounds great for free. Packed with useful electronic features. AC and heat work great. When tires inflated to 34 psi and 60F outside, I get slightly over 40 MPG of pure highway driving at 60 MPH. Averages about 35 or 36 MPG highway, but only mid 20's city. This is outstanding gas mileage for a boxy shaped car. Car is roomy. I am 6'1" and have even slept laid out across the back seats for power naps. This car rock and rolls once up to speed. It's torque is at the higher RPMs, so you can do some passing on hwy, but requires planning. Have driven it to max 110 MPH on *salt flats*. Car needs a 7th gear as 6th gear is under geared for California 80 mph hwy traffic. You can carry alot of people OR alot of cargo, but not both. Friend commented how roomy it actually was inside. Car is visually appealing. I have actually seen a few hot babes driving around in new KIA souls in Beverly hills and Koreatown - two areas of Los Angeles where image is important. Car has excellent comfort for long (+100 miles) trips."

CHEAP CAR IF YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT THE DETAILS.

By on Thursday, December 18, 2014

Pros: "DECENT GAS MILEAGE PLENTY OF ROOM"

Cons: "CHEAPLY BUILT, FALLS APART AFTER A YEAR OR SO."

"BOUGHT THIS CAR BRAND NEW IN JUNE OF 2013. I HAVE WRITTEN TWO REVIEWS. BOTH POSITIVE AND NOT SO POSITIVE. THIS WILL BE MY LAST REVIEW SINCE MY CAR IS TWO YEARS OLD NOW AS OF OCT 2014 AND THE 2015'S ARE COMING OUT. OVERALL THE CAR IS A DECENT CHEAP BUILT CAR. AFTER TWO YEARS AND 18,000 MILES, THE INTERIOR IS FALLING APART. BUTTONS BREAKING, SEATS COMING UNDONE. I HAVE HAD TO HAD TO THE SEATS REPAIRED NUMEROUS TIMES. THIS IS JUST NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR. AND NO ONE SITS IN THE BACK SEATS. JUST IF YOU PUT GROCERIES OR LOWER THE BACK SEATS, THE MATERIAL GETS STRETCHED AND STARTS COMING APART AT THE SEEMS. IT STILL RUNS GOOD. THE VERY EXPENSIVE FLOOR MATTS STARTED FALLING APART, AND I MEAN LITERALLY COMING APART AT THE SEAMS ARE WORTHLESS. DO NOT BUY THOSE. (375.00) FOR THE FLOOR MATTS AND THEY ARE HORRIBLY MADE. YOU CAN GET BETTER QUALITY FROM AFTER MARKET RETAILERS FOR LOT LESS. THE BACK SPEAKERS HAVE QUIT WORKING AND HAVE HAD TO HAVE THEM REPLACED, DEALERSHIP SAID THOSE WERE NOT UNDER WARRANTY. (310.00) FOR THE BACK SPEAKERS. THE BLUE TOOTH VIA RADIO WORKS GREAT. THE WINDSHIELD WIPERS I HAVE TO REPLACE ALREADY. (48.00 FOR THE FRONT) $ (11.99) FOR THE BACK. AND YOU HAVE TO ORDER THEM FROM THE DEALER, THEY ARE NOT IN THE AFTER MARKET STORES YET FOR THE 2013 MODEL. THE GAS CAP HAD TO BE REPLACED AGAIN DEALER ITEM ($84.00). THE PLASTIC GAS CAP STRIPS VERY EASILY. COMMON COMPLAINT I HAVE HEARD FROM OTHER KIA SOUL OWNERS FROM MY MODEL YEAR. THE AUTOMATIC LOCKS HAD TO BE FIXED, AGAIN DEALER SAID NOT A WARRANTY ITEM, ($975.25). THE POWER WINDOW UNIT ON DRIVER SIDE HAD TO BE REPLACED, AGAIN DEALERSHIP SAID NOT A WARRANTY ITEM ($1,024.36). I HAVE THE SILVER FINISH, PAINT IS FADING HORRIBLY, AND I KEEP MY CAR CLEAN AND GARAGED AND I WAX IT EVERY SIX MONTHS WITH HIGH QUALITY WAX. ($36.00) BOTTLE. WAS TOLD BY DEALERSHIP THE PAINT IS NOT A WARRANTY ITEM IF YOU DO NOT BUY THE VERY EXPENSIVE SOUTHWEST PROTECTIVE PACKAGE AT ($2900.00) THE REAR BLACK PLASTIC BUMPER BY THE LIC. PLATE HAD TO BE REPLACED, AGAIN TOLD NOT A WARRANTY ITEM ($310.11) LABOR WAS ($125.00) TO REPLACE IT. THE FRONT BLACK PLASTIC GRILL HAD TO BE REPLACED ($458.27) PLUS ($125.00) IN LABOR. AGAIN TOLD NOT A WARRANTY ITEM. THIS CAR IS BUILT VERY CHEAPLY AND OVER TIME IT SHOWS. NO I DO NOT ROUGH HOUSE THIS CAR. I TREAT IT LIKE A BABY. I KEEP IT CLEAN, REGULAR TUNE UP AND MAINTENANCE, I FOLLOW THE BOOKS MAINT SCHEDULE RELIGIOUSLY. SO IF YOU DON'T MIND ALL THE LITTLE DETAILS AND THE COST TO REPAIR THINGS, THIS IS A CHEAP CAR TO OWN. DECENT GAS MILEAGE, PLENTY OF ROOM AND A GREAT FIRST CAR"

what a great car

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

Pros: "incredible value, stylish, spacious, safe,"

have you seen him?

"i've driven and owned many vehicles in my life and this one ranks in the top. It's spacious, well designed, comfortable, perky, stylish, gets great gas mileage and SAFE. It has amenities not found standard in other more expensive autos. My friend went and bought one on my suggestion and the fact I couldn't stop raving about mine and how much I enjoyed driving it. I drove it like a Rally Car (of course not exceeding the speed limit and never any unsafe maneuvers:) and it took it like a champ. Unfortunately someone else loved my car too, and it went missing this past weekend so I came on to KBB to research a replacement.. I definitely will be looking for another KIA Soul, I would be a fool not to."

have you seen him?

so far so good

By on Sunday, October 19, 2014

Pros: "quiet and comfortable."

Cons: "no arm rest, radio won't save time and calendar."

"I bought this car about a week and a half ago and use it as my daily driver. The car is quiet and roomy. The cluster looks great and I love the car overall. I only have a few gripes and they are: no standard center console with arm rest. The radio refuses to save the time and date after the car has been off longer than 3 hours. Last, I have a hard time getting used to the lack of power. I've been driving manual for over 5 years and I just can't get the hang of the relaxed motor that just won't rev. Despite those reasons, I still would recommend this car."

Love it!

By on Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Pros: "Great Value and features"

Cons: "None yet!"

"I have been a KIA owner for years trading in my KIA Spectra5 year 2005 for the KIA Soul Plus and have only been driving it for a week and I am absolutely in love with this car from all the features ( sound system,UVO,bluetooth,color lights lol and navigation and more to the handling of the car and the overall feel that I am in a more expensive vehicle! Just the perfect amount of space for me and for traveling with a friend or two. Keep it up KIA!"