2010 Kia Soul

Based on 298 Ratings for the 2010 - 2013 models.

my vehicle of choice

By on Monday, December 22, 2014

Pros: "totally fun to have"

Cons: "I paid for those extras"

"It also has a gps, moon roof, and those cool speaker lights that change color"

Sporty and Fun!

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Pros: "Sporty, Fun to drive, Full of Extras"

Cons: "Handling not great in snow, a little pricey"

"I really enjoy this car! I was first attracted to the body style and interior. There are lots of extras that I didn't expect like the very tight handling. I bought a manual transmission on purpose because I love to drive! It s the only way to really experience a car in my opinion :) So I was pleasantly surprised at the tight suspension and almost too easy steering and handling. I live in a very hilly, curvy almost rural area and the roads are fun to drive with this car. It also does impressively on longer highway trips with great gas mileage and comfort. The only reason I rated Driving Dynamics a little low (8) is because I also live in an area that receives lots of snow and ice in winter. THat is the only area where this car didn't manage as well as I'd hoped. Even with traction control, I didn't feel its grip on the snow and hills as much as I'd have liked. I owned a Toyota Matrix prior that was also manual and it handled quite well in snow, etc. Otherwise, this is a fun car to drive, economical and sharp looking inside and out. instrumentation looks very slick and well built. No cheap looking aspects to anything IMO and compared to other similar cars in this class. I personally do not like ABS brakes lol. I cannot seem to get used to the sound or that you don't need to pump them when sliding...that's a personal issue, not the performance of this car! The Value was also rated a little low because it seemed a bit high priced to me by a couple thousand dollars. I purposely buy cars that are about 2 years old in order to get closer to the value of the car and still get most current features so I got a great deal on mine. But they seem a bit pricey to me if new and in this class. If you like fun, sporty, fully loaded with great extra kinds of cars that are also economical, this is the car for you. I highly recommend them. Happy Driving!"

Dependable. Nothing mechanical has broken.

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

Pros: "6 speed manual transmission"

Cons: "Lack of trunk/hatch space"

"Cost effective. It's hard to find manual transmissions but the Kia Soul offers a 6 speed manual. Easy to shift, great clutch. The drive train has been reliable with no mechanical repairs having to be made. I've had the car for 3 years and have not yet had to replace the battery and tires still in good condition. Gas milage is fairly decent and I get money refunded to me from kia every 6 months b/c they overinflated the MPG. Having children, the soul is not nearly as spacious as other kia SUVs. I feel very cramped and there's absolutely no trunk/hatch space."

ROOMY AND TROUBLE FREE

By on Saturday, December 13, 2014

Pros: "every safety option I could think of was standard"

Cons: "expected better gas mileage"

"I purchased my Soul new in 2010 and after nearly 5 years have never had any issues with it. Have returned to dealer for one recall (replaced brake light switch) and for routine oil + filter changes . Still has the original battery and tires still look like brand new showing very little wear at all yet. Has been super dependable, safe and economical."

One of the best vehicles I've ever owned & driven!

By on Saturday, November 22, 2014

Pros: "Cute, fun, and zippy. Handles great on the road."

Cons: "Can't think of any."

"Just had a potential for a horrible accident on the freeway. Was driving 60 mph when the car in front of me abruptly changed lanes to the left & twenty feet or less in front of me was a 9ft. folded "painter's ladder" lying horizontally blocking my lane. No time to do anything but steer abruptly to the right to avoid collision w/ ladder. My Soul's electronic stability control worked beautifully to keep me from completely losing control or tipping and rolling over. Within seconds I was able to gain control after missing the ladder by inches. First time in 5 years I became aware of the importance of the stability control feature. I believe it saved my life and maybe others' lives. Great little car!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Soul near Honolulu. See local deals