2015 Kia Sorento Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $25,469 - $27,315.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 07/28/2016

10/8.6

8.1

Based on 297 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Great vehicle but gas mileage isn't what they said

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"My Kia has been an awesome vehicle for our family. We have driven it to Florida from New England twice and it is very comfortable, reliable and all around great. The only drawback is that the gas mileage is far from what they originally said. Count on 24-26 MPG combined on those long trips."

Comfort, Luxury, Function +++

By on Monday, April 1, 2013

Pros: "Comfort. Handling. Quiet. Sunroof, Power all"

Cons: "MPG not as efficient as looking for originally"

"Got a fantastically equipped new car and just cant be beat with anything comparable on the road today. Its size is perfect and not too large. The option to carry more passengers when need be is a plus without the bulk of seats you just dont need all the time. The convenience and luxury of the available options and clean drive is perfect. Its smooth, quiet, great handling. Got a larger vehicle than originally looking but the loss of MPG is made up for in heaps by the dazzling functionality. I am just under 6' tall and larger than average frame. The desire for a comfortable vehicle to support my larger frame AS WELL AS headroom was a challenge till the Sorento. The massive sunroof is outstanding. Blinds in teh rear add to the luxurious comfort."

My 1st New Car is a Kia?? What R U Thinking!!

By on Saturday, June 2, 2012

Pros: "Features for Price, V6 AWD that's not thirsty"

Cons: "Sunroof Shades doesn't stay in place for long"

"We bought a 2005 Liberty Limited 4WD V6 from family and immediately discovered we wanted something bigger, with better MPG. Living in WV there is basically no flat land, so you realize the stated MPG ratings don't apply to you. My Jeep was rated 17/22 and I was lucky to get 14/19. Surprisingly I'm averaging 19 for 2012 SX V6 AWD which is rated at 18/24 so that’s not bad in my book for driving mostly in the city. Yes, WV has cities :-) We are picky people so aside from MPG and size we wanted more and for the price and features I just kept coming back to the Kia. Bluetooth and Sirius were standard on all models which are what originally had me looking at this car. We ended up with the premium SX package that included Push Start / Keyless operation, Heated Leather Telescopic Steering Wheel, Leather seats, Heated front power seats, cooled driver seat, Homelink for our garage, Power heated folding mirrors, Dual temperature control with digital settings, Backup camera, Voice command controls that control the touchscreen entertainment and Navigation system, Interior accent lighting, third row seating and rear air conditioning. We also have the Panoramic sunroof that was a separate addon. It also didn’t hurt that the Cup Holders were large enough for the huge fast food cups that we get on long road trips. The crossover rides pretty nice and overall my wife and I, who both swore we would never own a Kia, are very satisfied with this vehicle. The only downsides are the sunroof you have to manually slide the shade back when you open the roof and the noise from the shade when it rattles (I’ve never seen when you manually open and close the shade) 3rd row is tiny, the Bluetooth likes to fight between our two iPhones for the connection and the clips that hold the 3rd row seatbelt broke but the dealership replaced them. It also would have been nice to have the heated rear seats like the Optima of the same year, and that the cooled seat was also available for the passenger."

Unexpected Quality

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "Gas economy, great styling, comfortable"

Cons: "Stiff ride."

"All you need to do is sit in a Sorento and close the door. You'll see what I mean. The door closes with that same sound you would hear in a much more expensive car. It's a solid feel and very comfortable. The only fault is the ride: it's a bit stiff and you'll feel all the bumps. But, I was told the tires were notoriously hard riding. I would probably opt for a softer riding tire from the start. Would I buy another Sorento? You bet I would. For the money, you cannot beat them. People come up to my KIA and tell me how great the styling is. Mine is Red, and after dozens of commercial washes, it still shines like a diamond."

awesome vehicle

By on Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

"awesome vehicle! reliable,very comfortable, a pleasure to drive great acceleration great in the snow lots of room both the front seat and the back seat as well as cargo room great for long trips I'm getting about 20 mpg in the city 28-31 mpg hiway one of the best vehicles I have ever owned"

Very good car for very little price

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Price, gas milage, comfort, roominess, pretty"

"I just bought this vehicle and I love it! When I first started looking for a vehicle I would've never thought I'd end up with a Kia. I was thinking more along the lines of a Chevy Equinox or GMC Terrain, but the ratings for the Kia Sorento were so much better, and the Sorento has so much more room with third row seating. Good on gas, and just let me tell you how smooth the ride was.....um ahhmazing!! I am definitely someone that gets a lil nervous while on the interstate (thanks to a near fatal car accident) I did not even realize I was doing the speed limit at 70mph!!! I normally stay at 55mph, so I was definitely comfortable."

Great Wagon Replacement

By on Monday, August 20, 2012

Pros: "Excellent performance, handling, and amenities."

Cons: "Very few. Some confusing option packages."

"Replaced a much loved Saab 9-5 Turbo wagon and wanted a vehicle with as much oomph and cargo space with AWD and creature comforts. Didn't want to spend over $40K on a Volvo or Audi wagon and after driving at least a dozen candidates it came down to the Subaru Outback and (surprisingly) the Kia Sorento. Though inclined toward a wagon, the Sorento won out on the basis of features, fit and finish, comfort, warranty, and performance in a package that was neither too large nor too small. The KIA has an amazing amount of usable cargo space OR capacity for seven (OK, well five adults and two kids.)Can't have both in a vehicle this size, but the KIA is almost a foot and a half shorter than the Mazda CX-9, for example, and a turning radius that simplifies city driving. The ride is firm and handling is good for a CUV. Doesn't feel like a land yacht on a backroad. Quiet and smooth at speed and spirited performance with the V6 in a two-ton vehicle. (My other car is a Mazda RX-9 and I didn't want a floating barge or a truck.) Hadn't seriously considered a KIA until I read some reviews and confirmed the near luxury (with some exceptions) fit, finish, and features of the interior. Extremely comfortable leather seats, dual panoramic sun/moon roof, (Nice in Seattle to let the light in), and good head,shoulder,hip, and leg room in first two rows. Nice amenities like power folding and curb identifying outside mirrors, keyless entry, memory seats/mirrors, etc. And for our dog and kid, the rear a/c in both the second and third row were especially welcome. Neither the RAV4 nor the CRV offered this feature. Oddly, no power liftgate but it's light and easy to manage. It's no off-roader, of course. But it does include some useful features for "soft roading" like hill descent and take off and most importantly locking 4wd when needed to extricate it from a dicey situation or a muddy or snowy spot. I'm the obsessive researcher in the family and kept extensive notes on everything we drove and looked at. My wife, on the other hand, simply said, "This feels like home," when she drove the Sorento. Since this is more her vehicle than mine, that was the deciding factor."

Great family mid-size SUV!

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pros: "gas mileage, low cost price tag and 7 seats"

Cons: "wish we found it sooner"

"My wife and I owned a chevy tahoe and a cadilac Escalade before buying our 2011 Kia Sorento and hands down we love the Kia more than the tahoe or the Escalade. Mostly because of the gas mileage and the sorento awd v6 7 seater has everything that the tahoe and the escalade had but a lot cheaper on the wallet. The gas mileage is great 20-27 mpg, you can't beat that in a SUV with awd and the escalade tops was 14 mpg on the highway and the tahoe 17 mpg highway comparing to the kia's 27 on the highway."

LOVE my KIA Sorento

By on Friday, July 6, 2012

Pros: "Heated front seats; armrest in back w/cup holders"

Cons: "NONE!"

"Been on several out-of-state trips and love the heated front seats which helps with a problem back. Love the sunroof and moonroof. A/C cools quickly in this 100 weather. Comfortable to ride in and handles great! V6 has all the power I need. Passengers love the back seat middle armrest with cup holders and back air/heating vents."

First vehicle from Kia,so far its great!

By on Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pros: "Good gas mileage,rides and drives great,roomy!"

Cons: "Doesn't do well in rain,hydros easy."

"Nice ride just doesn't do well in heavy rain,might be the Kumho tires most likely."

I absolutely reccomend the 2011 sorento

By on Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable ride, comfort seats, great features"

Cons: "V6 is no longer standard and as such the pick up may be desired as well as the towing capabilities."

"This is my third kia. My first was in an ac accident. My KIA saved my life and I am a loyal customer for this and many other reasons. My previous car was a 2007 sorento. I ended up with many of the problems others had with that model year, yet the car was quite reliable. On a whim I test drove the 2011 sorento and this new model lives up to its reviews. The 2011 sorento (and from what i see 2012) is light years ahead of where they were before (and that was a great car too!). Not only is the ride great on this car but the safety features (including the new ones for this model year like downhill assist) are very good and do work. Thi sis the most comfortable seating I have ever had in a new car. I recomend the convienience package. The rear camera is very handy as well as the auto dim mirrors. So much to say about this vehicle! The only downside is that KIA downgraded the engine for this year. The plus for the sorento was that the V6 was standard, now its an expensive change n price as it only comes in the top model. As such the towing capacity is not there if that is what you are looking for. The reason I was looking to purchase this car was my move up north to live with the yankees! Its cold and I was stuck in the snow all last year with my 2 wheel drive. I look forward to taking advantage of the AWD on this new sorento as well as the heated seats! Great ride and I HIGHLY reccomend. feels like you are driving in a lexus and not a KIA. Big plus is that now this is one of the only manafacturers that is producing vehicles in the U.S for this cost...the plant is in Georgia now!"

Great reliable car!!

By on Sunday, October 6, 2013

Pros: "great price, reliable, great mpg's, lots of room"

"I have had my 2011 Kia Sorento for 2 years now. I love this mid size SUV. I have not had ONE problem with this car. It is super reliable. On average I get 23 mpg which is great by me. It also only costs $50 to fill up which happens once every three weeks or so. I recommend this mid size SUV to all mt friends and family."

love my kia sorento

By on Friday, December 2, 2011

Pros: "good milage for a all wheel drive i avg 20 mpg"

"i traded a dodge truck and i would not trade back for double my money back the car is great and the drive is smooth and handles great looks even better kia stands behind it great the only thing i don't like is they don't have a loaner car program if something major happens it is up to the dealer if the want to loan you a car or you rent one thank god i have not had to face this issue as of yet for my kia is dependable"

I love this car

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Pros: "Warranty first, and cargo space second."

Cons: "The tires that come with it will be replaced."

"I did alot of research and I love this car. It is great to drive on long or short trips. The warranty package is great and I'm covered for 10 years and 7 years on paint etc, i figure that I will have it for 10 years, because I like it so much."

Typical experience with MPG, as expected otherwise

By on Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pros: "Nice features, great for kids, convenience package"

Cons: "MPG"

"The design of the car is exactly as expected. I appreciate having the third row for my kids when necessary. The backup camera and bluetooth capability are nice features. But I knew I was buying those features. I've read so many reviews regarding the wide variations in MPG. I've got the 4 cylinder FWD with GDI. My car falls into the group that falls far short of the expected mileage of 22 city and 32 highway. I measure my mileage carefully with each fillup and the MPG always falls between 21 and 23 MPG. I do mostly highway and country driving so this is very disappointing. The dealership has asked me to give it a break in period of 5000 miles. If things don't improve by then, I'm going to bring it in and see if they can take a look. My main question is why do some Sorento GDI owners get 26 mpg plus and some of us get significantly less? I'm a boring old CPA so I promise I'm not hotdogging it. I would love to hear from somebody who has found a solution to this problem in the 2013 Sorento with GDI."

Love My New Kia

By on Friday, August 31, 2012

Pros: "great price, 3rd row seat, bluetooth nav"

Cons: "more accurate mgp calculation"

"Let me start by saying I have ALWAYS owed a Honda since I was first able to buy a car on my own. But I'm no longer brand loyal. What Honda couldn't give me was the optional 3rd row seat for the price I could afford. I recently bought a 2013 EX with the Premium Package. I considered the CRV, Equinox, RAV4, and others, but they just were too small (we have two kids and if each of them wanted to take a friend somewhere we'd have to take two cars). We recently went on vacation and I was able to take my neice and nephew to a local attraction along with my two kids...love it! Like others though, I was leary about the MPG performance, but I have only seen it improve the more I drive. I now average about 28/mpg. I too saw a difference between the car's calculation of the average mpg and my own math but the gap has closed the more I drive. (my husband works for a dealership and says you have to "break in" the engine to get the performance rating) So far, I'm 3000 miles in and SO happy we chose this vehicle."

Kia Sorento

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"I traded a Toyota Camry for my Kia Sorento. The V6 is awesome get up and go. I do wish there was more room in the 2nd and 3rd row, but compared to other vehicles in its price range for the money, IT IS AWESOME! I don't know that I will ever be able to get another vehicle without a back-up camera. The Kia handles well on the roads and drives like a dream. There is not as much road noise as I had inticipated from reading other reviews. The car fits my family perfectly and we have become very pleased with our decision to purchase a KIA!"

2011 Sorento EX V-6

By on Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Pros: "I got the $32,890 for $22,540 the sales lady said they lost $800 in the sale"

Cons: "mileage is the only thing I can thing of."

"I have the Limited Package and Premium Package 2 on mine. It is loaded with Pano-roof, heated seats, Navigation Love the ride. Glad I got it instead of the small Sportage...The Sportage you feel every bump. The Sorento is so smooth. The gas mileage is not real good. One time I got 17 mpg and then one time going to Okla I was getting over 30 mpg. But mostly around 20 mpg. So I am looking into trading for the Optima or the sister vehicle Sonata for 35 mpg."

An amazing surprise!

By on Friday, April 15, 2011

"I would have given this rating a solid five stars overall, if the gas mileage was a bit better. I really expected better for a four cylinder. However, to it's credit I really think the vehicle should only support a 6cyl engine. There's a lot of car here to be pulled effectively by four. It's stylish, roomy, loaded with more standard luxury features than my Dh's 2009 Mercedes. (by the way he's jealous that I worked out such an amazing deal at $24K for everything got...plus things his car doesn't even have) :-) I hauled a 5 1/2 foot desk in the back with the seats down with no problem, and my shopping trips to Costco always support the room this winner provides. Smooth and quiet ride...I bought mine in August 2010...almost nine months, and 5200 miles....it's AWD got me through a typical Pittsburgh winter, no problem. All of this after owning Subarus religiously for the last twelve years. Who would have thought! Go Kia!"

Great Overall Value

By on Wednesday, October 6, 2010

"We have the 2011 EX V6 with Premium Package 2 (Nav system & panoramic roof, third row seats). What a terrific vehicle. It provides good road feel, great turning radius, excellent power and handling with a very comfortable interior and amenities. Fuel mileage is very good for a mid-size SUV with a powerful V6. With the Nav system and satellite radio it is perfect for road trips. It tows up to 3,500 lbs. with no problems. We compare it with Mercedes we have owned..they get better with age. So does this 2011 Sorento. The 4 cyl version would beat Honda CRV and is priced right. The V6 is a little pricey, but worth it in the long run. It still beats Chevy, Mazda, Ford and VW competitors that we researched."

Excellent over all vehicle

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

"Comfortable, powerful and stylish; haven’t found a design flaw yet. No maintenance problems what so ever."

Darn Good SUV

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

Cons: "Poor mpg. Poor district office support."

"I wish I could give my 2009 Sorento a better rating because it is a very fine vehicle. It's heavy (>4,100lbs.) and the fuel economy at highway speeds of 70mph is only 18mpg. At 80mph across Tennessee I got 20mpg. Go figure. But with Kansas and Oklahoma troopers keeping an eye out, most of us here drive the posted. Stability on snow and ice is great. The non-slip diff. gives the Sorento good manners as well as the anti-lock brakes. Although it's a rear wheel drive, it gets us around real good in bad weather. It also swims well, as we often get flooded here in Kansas. No leaks around the doors, nor has it ever flooded-out. However there is one complaint: at 21,000 miles the tranny went out. Thank God we were in town. I called the dealer, and they told me to call roadside service and get it in a.s.a.p. We did. Roadside service costs: $0 because of being covered by the warrenty. It took the district engineer 3 weeks to approve of the transmission replacement and the dealer 1 week to order and install the part. (I asked if there was water in the transmission and they said no. Whew!) This is called Poor Customer Service on the Mfg"

makes me feel rich

By on Monday, January 2, 2012

Pros: "looks, options, price, warranty"

Cons: "none yet"

"Got the 2012 Kia Sorento LX 4-cyl with Convenience pkg last month. Shopped all mid-size crossovers and the Kia, in my humble opinion, beats them all hands-down. Friends cannot believe I paid around $25k for the vehicle after they see the quality of the interior, the size and function of the 3rd row, and they review the many options I got. And the exterior lines have a "rich" Lexus-like look, unlike the competition which make good, get-what-you-pay-for vehicles that don't impress. Still need time to judge reliability and long-term quality, but with leading 10/100,000 warranty I'm none too worried."

Love This Car!

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pros: "Very comfortable and it drives nice."

Cons: "Hits bumps and potholes hard."

"We bought the 2012 Kia Sorento SX (V6) from a San Antonio, Texas dealership in July 2011 with 20 miles on it. We have put over 7,000 miles on it in 5 months, as we have had to travel across the country and back a few times. This car is a dream to travel in. It is very roomy and very comfortable. The ventilated driver's seat is an awesome accessory to have in a Texas summer and the heated seats are awesome in a North Carolina winter."

Great Value

By on Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pros: "Great price, tons of power"

Cons: "Very small third row, second row doesn't fold flat"

"Everything has been great with this car. It could use nicer leather. But it looks great and impresses people for a lower price tag. The third row is only suitable for one person awkwardly or a very small person/kids, but it is still nice to have to option to take one car instead of 2 for shorter trips. Second row doesn't fold flat making it tough to fit larger object but still lots of room."