2015 Kia Sorento Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,909 - $25,642.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 07/28/2016

10/8.6

8.1

Based on 297 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Great vehicle but gas mileage isn't what they said

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"My Kia has been an awesome vehicle for our family. We have driven it to Florida from New England twice and it is very comfortable, reliable and all around great. The only drawback is that the gas mileage is far from what they originally said. Count on 24-26 MPG combined on those long trips."

Comfort, Luxury, Function +++

By on Monday, April 1, 2013

Pros: "Comfort. Handling. Quiet. Sunroof, Power all"

Cons: "MPG not as efficient as looking for originally"

"Got a fantastically equipped new car and just cant be beat with anything comparable on the road today. Its size is perfect and not too large. The option to carry more passengers when need be is a plus without the bulk of seats you just dont need all the time. The convenience and luxury of the available options and clean drive is perfect. Its smooth, quiet, great handling. Got a larger vehicle than originally looking but the loss of MPG is made up for in heaps by the dazzling functionality. I am just under 6' tall and larger than average frame. The desire for a comfortable vehicle to support my larger frame AS WELL AS headroom was a challenge till the Sorento. The massive sunroof is outstanding. Blinds in teh rear add to the luxurious comfort."

My 1st New Car is a Kia?? What R U Thinking!!

By on Saturday, June 2, 2012

Pros: "Features for Price, V6 AWD that's not thirsty"

Cons: "Sunroof Shades doesn't stay in place for long"

"We bought a 2005 Liberty Limited 4WD V6 from family and immediately discovered we wanted something bigger, with better MPG. Living in WV there is basically no flat land, so you realize the stated MPG ratings don't apply to you. My Jeep was rated 17/22 and I was lucky to get 14/19. Surprisingly I'm averaging 19 for 2012 SX V6 AWD which is rated at 18/24 so that’s not bad in my book for driving mostly in the city. Yes, WV has cities :-) We are picky people so aside from MPG and size we wanted more and for the price and features I just kept coming back to the Kia. Bluetooth and Sirius were standard on all models which are what originally had me looking at this car. We ended up with the premium SX package that included Push Start / Keyless operation, Heated Leather Telescopic Steering Wheel, Leather seats, Heated front power seats, cooled driver seat, Homelink for our garage, Power heated folding mirrors, Dual temperature control with digital settings, Backup camera, Voice command controls that control the touchscreen entertainment and Navigation system, Interior accent lighting, third row seating and rear air conditioning. We also have the Panoramic sunroof that was a separate addon. It also didn’t hurt that the Cup Holders were large enough for the huge fast food cups that we get on long road trips. The crossover rides pretty nice and overall my wife and I, who both swore we would never own a Kia, are very satisfied with this vehicle. The only downsides are the sunroof you have to manually slide the shade back when you open the roof and the noise from the shade when it rattles (I’ve never seen when you manually open and close the shade) 3rd row is tiny, the Bluetooth likes to fight between our two iPhones for the connection and the clips that hold the 3rd row seatbelt broke but the dealership replaced them. It also would have been nice to have the heated rear seats like the Optima of the same year, and that the cooled seat was also available for the passenger."

Unexpected Quality

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "Gas economy, great styling, comfortable"

Cons: "Stiff ride."

"All you need to do is sit in a Sorento and close the door. You'll see what I mean. The door closes with that same sound you would hear in a much more expensive car. It's a solid feel and very comfortable. The only fault is the ride: it's a bit stiff and you'll feel all the bumps. But, I was told the tires were notoriously hard riding. I would probably opt for a softer riding tire from the start. Would I buy another Sorento? You bet I would. For the money, you cannot beat them. People come up to my KIA and tell me how great the styling is. Mine is Red, and after dozens of commercial washes, it still shines like a diamond."

awesome vehicle

By on Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

"awesome vehicle! reliable,very comfortable, a pleasure to drive great acceleration great in the snow lots of room both the front seat and the back seat as well as cargo room great for long trips I'm getting about 20 mpg in the city 28-31 mpg hiway one of the best vehicles I have ever owned"