• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2015 Kia Sorento Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,619 - $28,188.

10/7.7

8.1

Based on 236 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

best vehicle ever out of at least 25

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

"very reliable, looks high quality, starts instantly, comfortable ride. very useful, slight problem with chrome on interior handles, best dealer I have dealt with."

Great in many areas but defiantly needs work

By on Monday, September 01, 2014

Reason: Had a lunging problem after engaging to D or R . Hill assist I think had a glitch. Kinda scary.

Pros: "Seating for 7, peppy V6 eng.,"

Cons: "Poor quality, better gas mileage,more appealing tr"

"Ok the Sorento has for the most part been a fun and economical 4w SUV.... But the truck did start developing a lot of little annoying problems and 1 or two recalls . The truck developed a glitch in the hill assist system. The truck stalled and lunged after you engaged into a gear...never did for dealer but did trip ck. engine light though. But problem didn't register on error log nor do it for the dealer.. Crazy. Just Crazy. The back up camera started shorting out never been wrecked either,Most problems started around 80k miles extremely heavy highway driver. 113k miles in 4 years. Car always serviced at dealership even oil changes. So I was very surprised and extremely diss appointed with Kia being unable to find it."

s.u.v.

By on Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pros: "asking 14,000."

Cons: "no cons o this one."

"It is a nice s u v rides good heated seats just been inspected red an white inside very clean."

love this car

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pros: "lots of room, drives nice. looks good"

Cons: "cant think of any"

"this has been a great car! thinking of buying the new model!"

Ride can be harsh

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Size and adaptability of seats."

Cons: "Bumpy ride."

"General quality is good Some features are very good. This was my first new car. Disappointed it does not have a softer ride. I like it but my wife complains all the time about how it takes bumps on the road. I just paid $225.00 to replace a broken inner taillight. I thought that price was very excessive."

Great, Reliable, Comfortable, Car.

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable seating, great drive, great price"

"I have owned this car for over 2 years. I have a 2011. Purchased it as a certified preowned with very low mileage. Great car for the money. Great Warrenty. Great, comfortable ride. I have a 6 cylinder all wheel drive with the 3rd row seating. The middle row of seats recline fully and are just as comfortable as the front seats. I have grown children and have taken several trips from NJ to Florida in it. Very comfortable ride. The 3rd row seat is tight for adults but great for kids."

Most comfortable SUV and priced reasonably

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Pros: "comfy seats, easy to drive, roomy"

Cons: "Don't like set up on steering wheel for phone"

"I bought this 4 cyl SUV new and love it-more power than imagined! Much roomier than my Honda-CRV and gas mileage is comparable. I am looking at the new 2015 because I put a lot of miles on this SUV in the last 2 yrs. Everyone that has rode in it says it is so comfy -even my grandkids! The back seats are as comfy as the front-except my front seats are heated. I recommend this SUV and guarantee you won't be sorry."

What's not to like? Looks good, drives good.

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Pros: "Good looking machine."

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better."

"Very, very good price for the vehicle. I really believe it is as good as $40,000 and up similar SUV's. Looks as good as the Lexus RX 350 and is comparably equipped. Feels solid and after two years and 35,000 miles, nothing but routine service. I have the six speed, six cylinder version. Actual mileage around town is 21-22 mpg. On the road at the speed limit, 23-25. The UVO entertainment system is a good one."

What a great deal

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "great value, very comfortable"

Cons: "not the greatest gas mileage"

"I've owned one for over 2 years. This vehicle is comfortable, has a ton of amenities, is roomy, and is a fraction of the price of similar SUVs. The handling of a vehicle of this size is quite surprise; it has a very tight turn radius and is extremely stable and secure. I don't even think about roll-overs in this vehicle. I have the V6, so it has lots of power when you want it, especially with the semi-manual transmission. I added a tow hitch, which adds a lot of possibilities to its use. It has been reliable so far. The only complaint is that the gas mileage is on the low side: I average 22-24 MPG."

Im Happy

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Great Everything as far as Im concerned."

Cons: "None...Its a good car"

"I am on my second Sorento. I now drive a 2014 after trading my 2012. Great Ride! I really like this vehicle. Really good power for a 4 cyl. Great at cruising the expressway, or buzzing around town. Im a big guy, 6'2 225 pounds and I have plenty of room. Very comfortable seats and you are able to obtain many configurations with the seats and adjustable steering wheel. Really good steering response for a vehicle of this type. I do a lot of driving on the expressway and get really good mileage at cruising speeds, about 31 mpg. I get around 25 around town. Stereo is great and so is the voice command. Im impressed with the voice command. Great Feature that actually works. I recommend a Kia for sure!"

best vehicle I have owned

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "Easy keeper"

Cons: "No cons"

"As stated above"

I love this car

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Pros: "Warranty first, and cargo space second."

Cons: "The tires that come with it will be replaced."

"I did alot of research and I love this car. It is great to drive on long or short trips. The warranty package is great and I'm covered for 10 years and 7 years on paint etc, i figure that I will have it for 10 years, because I like it so much."

This vehicle is like a toy

By on Saturday, July 12, 2014

Pros: "None"

Cons: "It's not worth the money"

"I will get rid of it ASAP"

Best SUV for the money

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pros: "Great price and sharp looks"

"Our 2013 Sorento is the second Sorento we have owned. Totally our family has owned 5 Kias. Each has always had a high quality for the price. The 2013 Sorento has all the luxury we could want plus excellent gas mileage of between 22-23 highway and 19-21 city."

Must view if shopping for SUV

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Good bang for buck, great value"

Cons: "S-l-o-w motor, cheap seats"

"We've had this 3rd row equipped Sorento for a couple years, with the I-4. My chief complaint is the flat feeling seats, I have trucks, so I'm used to padding, my wife came from an uber cheap 06-ish Malibu, so she's used to cardboard seating, I am not. The 3rd row is very helpful with people who need a minivan but refuse to buy one (ahem!!! Wifey), but with the rears up, you won't hold much beyond a single gym bag, and maybe a gallon of milk back there with it. The rear doors are large enough to get kids in and out, the 2nd row passenger seat "tumbles" forward, looks easy enough to get in, my 250lb over 6ft frame can get back there, once I'm there, getting back out is the trick! Aside of the cheap seats, I hate the steering wheel size, feels video game small. This is just me and trucks I'm sure, but I personally don't like it. I don't like the chrome trim around the gauges, it reflects sunlight in the eyes quite often. The overall interior is really nice looking, is holding up well to kids, but we are the "don't eat, don't drink" in the car parents, so that helps a ton. The little engine, it really seems to struggle. It's a little 4 cylinder, and it shows it. I use the manu-matic mode just to get it up around 3K so it feels like it's moving, it really feels sluggish. Gets mid to high 20's for mileage, which was below the reported mileage, so we get rebate money from that, but I don't know if you'd get that buying it used. Overall, it's a nicely styled car/van/SUV thing, rides pretty well, cruises along nicely, just has troubles passing people, and getting up to speed from a stop. It holds 6 comfortably, and 7 if the middle row has children or real small (skinny) adults. Has a lot of options, the XM/Sirius is cool, good sounding stereo, and the backup camera is really handy, as these vehicles aren't exactly the easiest thing to back into a parking spot, or a garage."

Won't own another Kia

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, price"

Cons: "Quality, reliability"

"I have a 2011 Kia Sorento and a 2010 Kia Forte. Both were bought brand new within 6 months of each other. Both are very comfortable, nice looking, get great gas mileage and affordable. However, we have had multiple problems with both vehicles. Just on the Sorento: Brake switch (replaced twice because the first one failed and the replacement part was recalled), power lock/window controls, heated seat on passenger side, fan motor, screws fell out of the dome light, transmission failed & was finally replaced after multiple repairs, gas cap door had to be adjusted multiple times because it wouldn't open, transmission sensor just had to be replaced (in the new transmission). The list goes on plus there have been a couple recall repairs. We've had similar issues with the Forte - steering wheel controls for stereo/cruise control failed (volume button activated the cruise control, station button changed the volume etc), brake switch failed, rear brakes extremely corroded after only 15k miles, speaker wires came loose, etc... While all repairs have been under warranty, the factory warranty is now expired on the Sorento and we were actually persuaded NOT to buy the extended warranty because Kia is supposed to be so reliable and has a 10 year 100k mile powertrain warranty. I now regret not buying the extended warranty because many of the repairs would not be considered powertrain issues and will now not be covered if similar things fail in the future. Kia needs to significantly improve their quality and reliability before I will ever consider owning another one. We've spent far too much time back and forth at the dealership for cars that were bought new and have less than 65k miles on them."

Faulty Design Features

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Pros: "Good pick up with 6 cyl"

Cons: "auto dim illumination, window shade rattles, space"

"I cannot safely drive this car. The instrument cluster auto dims to the point on bright/sunny days that the speedometer needle, KMH and 5mph markers are very hard to see or are invisible. 8 complaints have been made to NHTSA for same problem. Kia says it "is working as designed" "Kia cannot help you". Since design features are not covered under warranty I am out of luck. Had a 2012 which I loved. I will have to get rid of this car soon as it is not safe for me to drive since I have to take my eyes off the road to check on speed. Also rattling window shade "no adjustment available". Otherwise the car runs great. I wish I had kept my 2012."

Love this car!

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "Seven seats, spacious, sleek style & features.."

Cons: "maintainence of new technology.."

"We purchase our Burgundy/Cherry Sorento SX March of 2013 and currently have 34,000 miles. We constantly have people do double takes when they see the car because they can't believe it's a Kia. The third row fold down seats are perfect when our kids friends tag along. All the whistle and bells are awesome, however, my only grip with so much technology is when it has a gliche. After taking our car in for it's recommended 30k mile check up, the dealership rotated our tires. Every since, our TPS (tire pressure sensor) light on the dash continues to sporadically come on. Each time it comes on we've taken it to the dealer and they've run a diagnostic to no avail. Tires have been replaced,tire pressures have been checked all by the dealer to no avail and after the fifth trip to the dealer they've replaced all the TPS. Today it's at the dealer again for the TPS light coming on... Other than that we love the car, just frustrating not being able to trust the technology when it tells you the tire is flat or low. I know, get out and look at the tire, but that's not the point..."

Very satisfied

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "Good mileage, handles well and trouble free"

Cons: "Would like to have more comfortable arm rests."

"I have just turned 74,000 miles and all trouble free. Most of my driving here in AZ is interstate at 75+ mph and doing the summer @ 100 degrees plus. At this speed my average mpg is about 22-23 mpg. I have had absolutely no problems. I did replace the tires Firestones) at 50,000 miles. Brake Pads still have another 30,000 miles left. I will definitely stick to KIA. I am looking forward to seeing 100,000 miles on the clock. A great car!"

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned !!!!

By on Friday, May 02, 2014

Pros: "lots of extras or not depending what you want."

Cons: "Haven't found and cons yet."

"I love my Sorento SX. Fun to drive and very dependable. Its 2 years old and I am going today to look at another one. I have a new Cadenza 6 months old, nice but I prefer the Sorento SX. I have sent 11 couples to our dealership and all have bought a new Kia."

Great midsize SUV

By on Friday, April 25, 2014

Pros: "Attractive, comfortable seats, feels solid"

Cons: "Minor glitches in backup camera, EPA mpg"

"We love our Sorento! When we were looking at cars in this class, KIA had the most comfortable front and back seats, hands down. The material is extremely durable and stain resistant. I left a gallon of milk sideways in the back seat over night and the milk did not seep into the material or through the seams. No odor! I'm used to driving sedans, so it felt top-heavy when I first started driving it, but I've grown accustomed to it. Rear view visibility is marginal with comparatively small rear and side windows. But it's a sleek car and it's the perfect size for us now that we have a 1 month old. (We bought the Sorento in May 2012). Gas mileage is less than advertised--I've never been able to hit the EPA estimate. My average tank is 21-23 mpg depending on how much city travel vs hwy travel we do. My wife is in love with the car and says she is still thrilled to drive it after 2 years of ownership. Probably helps that it's paid for as of this past November!"

Best SUV ever!

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

Pros: "Very spacious. great value. safe. stylish"

"Kia has really stepped up their game! This is very comparable to more luxury SUV's like it! Great handling, drives wonderful in the snow. Huge capacity for cargo! Love this vehicle so much!"

I'm Suprised That I like It So Much

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Pros: "Lots of space, handles well, great MPG, visibility"

Cons: "Not as quiet on the highway as I'd like"

"I bought my 2012 Sorento EX in August 2011. I selected it because Kia gave so much more for the money vs. others I liked. I already have 65K on it, and while I expected it to be competent, I guess I'm surprised that it has been much more than that. It gives me loads of space, it's quite comfortable, exceptional MPG (23/29), great acceleration for a 4 cyl, and with the exception of a seam in the driver's seat that opened (which Kia replaced), I have had no issues whatsoever. I don't keep most cars very long, due to my high miles driven, but when I replace this one (soon), I will give Kia another look. They earned it."

East handling and reliability

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "Plenty of interior space for a long drive"

Cons: "4 cylinder does not have enough push"

"I love my Sorento! It is great for highway driving and meets my needs of having to park in downtown. Fuel efficiency is wonderful, fill up once every 2 weeks, as I have the 4 cylinder. If I were to buy again, I would definitely get a Sorento, but would choose the 6 cylinder, as it lacks a little in power when getting onto the highway."

Great car, great value

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "Dependable, fun to drive, great value"

Cons: "Gas mileage lower than advertised, naviation so-so"

"This is my 2nd Sorento. Love the heated/ cooled leather seats, auto climate control, UVO system, etc. This car has nearly every feature you can get, including a glass roof. The only things that aren't perfect are the navigation system, the gas mileage, and cargo space. The navigation maps are not very accurate. (says my home and work addresses don't exist!) Gas mileage is close to posted ratings, but not quite. I knew about the cargo space when I bought the car, so I'm not saying I am disappointed, just wish it had a little more."