2014 Kia Sorento Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $33,545 - $34,784.

10/7.8

8.2

Based on 279 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Great vehicle but gas mileage isn't what they said

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"My Kia has been an awesome vehicle for our family. We have driven it to Florida from New England twice and it is very comfortable, reliable and all around great. The only drawback is that the gas mileage is far from what they originally said. Count on 24-26 MPG combined on those long trips."

Glad I made the change.

By on Sunday, August 05, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable Seats and Space."

Cons: "Does bounce a bit on some roads."

"January 2011 I traded in my 2007 Honda Pilot on the 2011 KIA Sorento with 6 cylinder, AWD with 4x4 option. The only thing I miss about the Pilot is the smoother ride. My main decision to trade is the fact that the 2011 Sorento has a timing chain, while the 2007 (bought new) had a timing belt. The Pilot ended up being high maintenance, nothing covered by the warranties we bought. The Sorento, has just had to have the oil changed and a few adjustments made, that were covered by the warranties we bought. Love the tight turn radius as we like to travel back one lane roads to hike, we can turn the car around almost anywhere. Had to drive it on HWY 20 in snow and ice, with no chains the vehicle drove excellent through it. When driving in the snow and ice, I was glad the suspension was tight. I average 26 mpg city/hwy. It fits in a compact parking space. Has a booster that can jump its self if your battery is drained, Pilot couldn’t do it. Tires are much better quality than the Pilot. Older kids enjoy the space in the back seat, and even don’t mind to ride in the 3rd row seat if they have to."

GDI SXL Fantastic SUV

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pros: "Easier access to 3rd row seating, fantastic servic"

Cons: "I really can't think of any bad things"

"Love the gadgets but most of all I love the safety of Blind Spot detection (already saved me twice), the programmable lift gate I'm a short person and the UVO. Above all I love the service, and driving the 2014. The most important part is complete Hart to Hart trust in dealership."

love it!

By on Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pros: "value, size, warranty, zippy and fun to drive"

Cons: "no daytime running lamps or auto headlights"

"My first brand new vehicle, I've had minivans and cars, the last a 2009 chevy malibu but needed something a little bigger. I really wanted the chevy equinox but no third seat so looked to the traverse but almost to big. So we then compared the Kia Sorento and the Sante Fe. It came down to one or the other but out here in ND we couldn't even find a 2014 Sante Fe to test drive in May so we drove the Kia and I knew it was the car for us. We have 2 boys, 14 and 12 and a 6 year old daughter. The third flip up seat works great for her when we are out and traveling. I was worried about room but it is working great. My other worry was gas mileage. I have learned to only put in premium and I am getting 23 miles to the gallon driving the interstate 20 miles to work each day. We took it 500 miles to Yellowstone National Park and we fit all our bags in and 5 people and it was fine. Driving around the park at slower speeds we got over 26 mpg. I have the middle model, cloth seats, no sunroof but a few extras like the elec. seat. I love the sun shades in the back you just pop up but wish it had daytime running lamps and auto headlights at night. Other then that I would highly recommend this car because of the size and warranty for the price. PS go with the V6 they are quieter and way zippier!"

No Problems. We love this vehicle. I do Most of th

By on Sunday, September 01, 2013

I own this car

Pros: "Fun to Drive!!"

Cons: "can't think of a thing!!"

"We just returned from a 2500 mile road trip. KIA performed beautifully! Gas mileage is really good.Lots of room. Very comfortable. In June we drove to New Orleans,La. Another 2500 mile trip. So happy we bought this Sorento. Oh. I travel with a motorized handicap scooter. Easy in and out. Would definately buy another KIA!!!"

Unexpected Quality

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "Gas economy, great styling, comfortable"

Cons: "Stiff ride."

"All you need to do is sit in a Sorento and close the door. You'll see what I mean. The door closes with that same sound you would hear in a much more expensive car. It's a solid feel and very comfortable. The only fault is the ride: it's a bit stiff and you'll feel all the bumps. But, I was told the tires were notoriously hard riding. I would probably opt for a softer riding tire from the start. Would I buy another Sorento? You bet I would. For the money, you cannot beat them. People come up to my KIA and tell me how great the styling is. Mine is Red, and after dozens of commercial washes, it still shines like a diamond."

Comfort, Luxury, Function +++

By on Monday, April 01, 2013

Pros: "Comfort. Handling. Quiet. Sunroof, Power all"

Cons: "MPG not as efficient as looking for originally"

"Got a fantastically equipped new car and just cant be beat with anything comparable on the road today. Its size is perfect and not too large. The option to carry more passengers when need be is a plus without the bulk of seats you just dont need all the time. The convenience and luxury of the available options and clean drive is perfect. Its smooth, quiet, great handling. Got a larger vehicle than originally looking but the loss of MPG is made up for in heaps by the dazzling functionality. I am just under 6' tall and larger than average frame. The desire for a comfortable vehicle to support my larger frame AS WELL AS headroom was a challenge till the Sorento. The massive sunroof is outstanding. Blinds in teh rear add to the luxurious comfort."

My 1st New Car is a Kia?? What R U Thinking!!

By on Saturday, June 02, 2012

Pros: "Features for Price, V6 AWD that's not thirsty"

Cons: "Sunroof Shades doesn't stay in place for long"

"We bought a 2005 Liberty Limited 4WD V6 from family and immediately discovered we wanted something bigger, with better MPG. Living in WV there is basically no flat land, so you realize the stated MPG ratings don't apply to you. My Jeep was rated 17/22 and I was lucky to get 14/19. Surprisingly I'm averaging 19 for 2012 SX V6 AWD which is rated at 18/24 so that’s not bad in my book for driving mostly in the city. Yes, WV has cities :-) We are picky people so aside from MPG and size we wanted more and for the price and features I just kept coming back to the Kia. Bluetooth and Sirius were standard on all models which are what originally had me looking at this car. We ended up with the premium SX package that included Push Start / Keyless operation, Heated Leather Telescopic Steering Wheel, Leather seats, Heated front power seats, cooled driver seat, Homelink for our garage, Power heated folding mirrors, Dual temperature control with digital settings, Backup camera, Voice command controls that control the touchscreen entertainment and Navigation system, Interior accent lighting, third row seating and rear air conditioning. We also have the Panoramic sunroof that was a separate addon. It also didn’t hurt that the Cup Holders were large enough for the huge fast food cups that we get on long road trips. The crossover rides pretty nice and overall my wife and I, who both swore we would never own a Kia, are very satisfied with this vehicle. The only downsides are the sunroof you have to manually slide the shade back when you open the roof and the noise from the shade when it rattles (I’ve never seen when you manually open and close the shade) 3rd row is tiny, the Bluetooth likes to fight between our two iPhones for the connection and the clips that hold the 3rd row seatbelt broke but the dealership replaced them. It also would have been nice to have the heated rear seats like the Optima of the same year, and that the cooled seat was also available for the passenger."

Amazing SUV

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "price, performance, features"

"Every time I see someone driving around in a $50,000 SUV, I just have to laugh. The Sorento is the best overall value in terms of cost, performance, features, and quality. You get nothing more with a BMW or Audi other than a higher car payment. This has been the best car that we have ever owned."

awesome vehicle

By on Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

"awesome vehicle! reliable,very comfortable, a pleasure to drive great acceleration great in the snow lots of room both the front seat and the back seat as well as cargo room great for long trips I'm getting about 20 mpg in the city 28-31 mpg hiway one of the best vehicles I have ever owned"