2014 Kia Sorento Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $33,931 - $35,236.

10/7.8

8.2

Based on 270 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

First ever crossover

By on Wednesday, April 08, 2015

"I have owned my Sorento for 3 years. It was purchased used, and that is how I discovered that the 10 year 100,000 mile warranty does not hold true. Only if the car is purchased new does this warranty exist. At 65,000 miles things have seemed to fall apart. First it was a seized up brake caliper, now it's a pinion bearing in the rear differential. My previous car (Dodge Intrepid) never had these issues....even with 140,000 miles. Another draw back with this vehicle is the interior. I have the beige seats and they show absolutely everything! I spilled water and thought, "no big deal". I was wrong....even water leaves a stain like you wouldn't believe. Even so, it isn't all bad with this car. I live in an area that has brutal winters and this has been hands down the best vehicle I've ever had for winter driving. The fuel mileage for the V-6 isn't too bad either. The Sorento rides and handles very well, and has plenty of room for my family."

For a vehicle this size, it turns on a dime.

By on Monday, April 06, 2015

Pros: "Great handling"

Cons: "Heater fan motor makes a little noise"

"tight turns. V-6 uses more gas, but has all the pep and pickup that you could want in an SUV. I don't get the gas mileage that was on the window sticker, but get about 24.5 on Hwy."

Thank you, Kia!

By on Friday, April 03, 2015

Pros: "Great mileage."

Cons: "No directional compass in mirror."

"My Sorento has been exactly what I was looking for when I purchased it in 2011! I enjoy the roominess of the interior, the easy to clean exterior, and the driving experience that the vehicle offers. It has always gotten better mileage than what was predicted. I got 30 mag on the highway often. I love that the seats lay down and I can haul a tree home for the orchard or a bunch of 2x4's for a construction project. It also carries us to our "fancy" occasions comfortably."

great suv

By on Sunday, March 29, 2015

Pros: "good suv for the money"

Cons: "no dipstic to check trans fluid"

"great suv plenty of power good ride. i have had this truck 3 years in nek vermont great in the snow would buy again"

Comfortable and reliable. I enjoyed it.

By on Friday, March 27, 2015

Pros: "Practical and efficient plus good looks."

Cons: "4-wheel drive"

"Good vehicle and good price range."

Warranty Not Worth Depreciation

By on Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Pros: "dependable"

Cons: "Little storage space, very little built in storage"

"My primary reason for choosing Kia over other brands was the 100,000 mile warranty. Many dealerships of other brands offer the equivalent, but I was concerned with the trustworthiness of the dealerships and their service depts. At least with Kia, it is backed by the manufacturer, not just the local dealership. I just checked the trade in value of my car, in good condition, and it is less than half of what I paid for it in Nov 2012. The electronics are not great, which I have come to expect as standard. Navigation is not easily and regularly updated. My dealership acts like it is an act of personal sacrifice to do the major updates...it takes a while and they don't get to charge for them. The stereo/cd/aux/usb input is un. Just un. I suppose the sound is great (slightly hearing impaired), but a special cord is required for use with iPod, any other MP3 player is very limited feature. With my iPod, EVERY time I connect, I have to select random (b/c I like all of my music), otherwise, I listen to the exact same songs every time. It doesn't hold any type of memory, as far as I can tell. The OEM tires were practically useless. I lost traction on dry pavement frequently enough to be very concerned. On wet pavement, I lost traction at least once every single time! My replacement tires have been remarkable in comparison. They have finally given me some confidence in the car itself. Even though I have only had the replacement tires for a short time (less than 10,000 miles), my review of the traction/handling/stability will be based strictly on them. It is the only way I feel I can be fair, they have made such a significant difference! We have had a particularly cold/snowy winter and my Sorento has performed better than I have expected. The downhill assist was outstanding on my very long, very steep driveway! I didn't have much confidence using it, but it has completely exceeded my expectations. No chains or snow tires, just good all-season tires. The AWD has been very good, and the only times I lost traction enough to really feel it, were the result of my own errors. Not allowing speed/stopping distance based on the current road conditions. Headlights, fog lights, tail and brake lights: I have already replaced one headlamp, one fog lamp, and one marker/parking lamp. I believe that the failures were caused by the car's electrical/lighting system, not bulb failure. The dash lights auto-dim randomly, as if the headlights are being turned on/off. It has been a recurring problem that was initially thought to be related to one headlight assembly, but after it was replaced, I still have random dimming of the dash lights. I have not returned to the dealership regarding this problem. With those exceptions, the car has been very good. Unfortunately, the depreciation is disappointment enough for me not to recommend the car."

some short comings 2015 sorrento sxl

By on Friday, March 20, 2015

Pros: "lots of bells and whistles"

Cons: "no heated mirrors, drivers head exit handle,"

"Life gate too low, im 5'11" and hit my head if not careful. no drivers above exit handle No heated mirrors picked up car june 2014-January first 2015 kia aired on tv the new 2016-feel like I have old model ."

great car, owned 30 months

By on Friday, March 13, 2015

Pros: "good response, handling, lower $ than competitors"

Cons: "recall for stalling, SX 3rd row seat not wanted"

"it is great for towing my boat or camper. I would prefer storage area over 3rd row. Actual mileage with my V6 is 19/25+. I have the 10/100000 mile bumper to bumper warranty, and the ride is better than some other brand SUV's that my friends have. I give it a strong 9 out of 10"

great vehicle with excellent company warrenty

By on Thursday, February 19, 2015

"great pricing for options that would cost much more on other brands, I have the V6 engine which tows my camper and my boat easily."

Best SUV value in 2011, no problems

By on Thursday, February 19, 2015

Pros: "Awesome, even better in winter months"

Cons: "No compass, but an LX not an EX"

"Great SUV"