• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2014 Kia Sorento Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,365 - $23,994.

10/7.8

8.1

Based on 231 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Great vehicle but gas mileage isn't what they said

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"My Kia has been an awesome vehicle for our family. We have driven it to Florida from New England twice and it is very comfortable, reliable and all around great. The only drawback is that the gas mileage is far from what they originally said. Count on 24-26 MPG combined on those long trips."

Glad I made the change.

By on Sunday, August 05, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable Seats and Space."

Cons: "Does bounce a bit on some roads."

"January 2011 I traded in my 2007 Honda Pilot on the 2011 KIA Sorento with 6 cylinder, AWD with 4x4 option. The only thing I miss about the Pilot is the smoother ride. My main decision to trade is the fact that the 2011 Sorento has a timing chain, while the 2007 (bought new) had a timing belt. The Pilot ended up being high maintenance, nothing covered by the warranties we bought. The Sorento, has just had to have the oil changed and a few adjustments made, that were covered by the warranties we bought. Love the tight turn radius as we like to travel back one lane roads to hike, we can turn the car around almost anywhere. Had to drive it on HWY 20 in snow and ice, with no chains the vehicle drove excellent through it. When driving in the snow and ice, I was glad the suspension was tight. I average 26 mpg city/hwy. It fits in a compact parking space. Has a booster that can jump its self if your battery is drained, Pilot couldn’t do it. Tires are much better quality than the Pilot. Older kids enjoy the space in the back seat, and even don’t mind to ride in the 3rd row seat if they have to."

GDI SXL Fantastic SUV

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pros: "Easier access to 3rd row seating, fantastic servic"

Cons: "I really can't think of any bad things"

"Love the gadgets but most of all I love the safety of Blind Spot detection (already saved me twice), the programmable lift gate I'm a short person and the UVO. Above all I love the service, and driving the 2014. The most important part is complete Hart to Hart trust in dealership."

handles much better then my 09 tribute

By on Sunday, November 24, 2013

"would buy another when i'm ready"

love it!

By on Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pros: "value, size, warranty, zippy and fun to drive"

Cons: "no daytime running lamps or auto headlights"

"My first brand new vehicle, I've had minivans and cars, the last a 2009 chevy malibu but needed something a little bigger. I really wanted the chevy equinox but no third seat so looked to the traverse but almost to big. So we then compared the Kia Sorento and the Sante Fe. It came down to one or the other but out here in ND we couldn't even find a 2014 Sante Fe to test drive in May so we drove the Kia and I knew it was the car for us. We have 2 boys, 14 and 12 and a 6 year old daughter. The third flip up seat works great for her when we are out and traveling. I was worried about room but it is working great. My other worry was gas mileage. I have learned to only put in premium and I am getting 23 miles to the gallon driving the interstate 20 miles to work each day. We took it 500 miles to Yellowstone National Park and we fit all our bags in and 5 people and it was fine. Driving around the park at slower speeds we got over 26 mpg. I have the middle model, cloth seats, no sunroof but a few extras like the elec. seat. I love the sun shades in the back you just pop up but wish it had daytime running lamps and auto headlights at night. Other then that I would highly recommend this car because of the size and warranty for the price. PS go with the V6 they are quieter and way zippier!"