2014 Kia Sorento Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,633 - $23,468.

10/7.8

8.2

Based on 279 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Great vehicle but gas mileage isn't what they said

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"My Kia has been an awesome vehicle for our family. We have driven it to Florida from New England twice and it is very comfortable, reliable and all around great. The only drawback is that the gas mileage is far from what they originally said. Count on 24-26 MPG combined on those long trips."

Glad I made the change.

By on Sunday, August 05, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable Seats and Space."

Cons: "Does bounce a bit on some roads."

"January 2011 I traded in my 2007 Honda Pilot on the 2011 KIA Sorento with 6 cylinder, AWD with 4x4 option. The only thing I miss about the Pilot is the smoother ride. My main decision to trade is the fact that the 2011 Sorento has a timing chain, while the 2007 (bought new) had a timing belt. The Pilot ended up being high maintenance, nothing covered by the warranties we bought. The Sorento, has just had to have the oil changed and a few adjustments made, that were covered by the warranties we bought. Love the tight turn radius as we like to travel back one lane roads to hike, we can turn the car around almost anywhere. Had to drive it on HWY 20 in snow and ice, with no chains the vehicle drove excellent through it. When driving in the snow and ice, I was glad the suspension was tight. I average 26 mpg city/hwy. It fits in a compact parking space. Has a booster that can jump its self if your battery is drained, Pilot couldn’t do it. Tires are much better quality than the Pilot. Older kids enjoy the space in the back seat, and even don’t mind to ride in the 3rd row seat if they have to."

GDI SXL Fantastic SUV

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pros: "Easier access to 3rd row seating, fantastic servic"

Cons: "I really can't think of any bad things"

"Love the gadgets but most of all I love the safety of Blind Spot detection (already saved me twice), the programmable lift gate I'm a short person and the UVO. Above all I love the service, and driving the 2014. The most important part is complete Hart to Hart trust in dealership."

love it!

By on Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pros: "value, size, warranty, zippy and fun to drive"

Cons: "no daytime running lamps or auto headlights"

"My first brand new vehicle, I've had minivans and cars, the last a 2009 chevy malibu but needed something a little bigger. I really wanted the chevy equinox but no third seat so looked to the traverse but almost to big. So we then compared the Kia Sorento and the Sante Fe. It came down to one or the other but out here in ND we couldn't even find a 2014 Sante Fe to test drive in May so we drove the Kia and I knew it was the car for us. We have 2 boys, 14 and 12 and a 6 year old daughter. The third flip up seat works great for her when we are out and traveling. I was worried about room but it is working great. My other worry was gas mileage. I have learned to only put in premium and I am getting 23 miles to the gallon driving the interstate 20 miles to work each day. We took it 500 miles to Yellowstone National Park and we fit all our bags in and 5 people and it was fine. Driving around the park at slower speeds we got over 26 mpg. I have the middle model, cloth seats, no sunroof but a few extras like the elec. seat. I love the sun shades in the back you just pop up but wish it had daytime running lamps and auto headlights at night. Other then that I would highly recommend this car because of the size and warranty for the price. PS go with the V6 they are quieter and way zippier!"

No Problems. We love this vehicle. I do Most of th

By on Sunday, September 01, 2013

I own this car

Pros: "Fun to Drive!!"

Cons: "can't think of a thing!!"

"We just returned from a 2500 mile road trip. KIA performed beautifully! Gas mileage is really good.Lots of room. Very comfortable. In June we drove to New Orleans,La. Another 2500 mile trip. So happy we bought this Sorento. Oh. I travel with a motorized handicap scooter. Easy in and out. Would definately buy another KIA!!!"

Unexpected Quality

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "Gas economy, great styling, comfortable"

Cons: "Stiff ride."

"All you need to do is sit in a Sorento and close the door. You'll see what I mean. The door closes with that same sound you would hear in a much more expensive car. It's a solid feel and very comfortable. The only fault is the ride: it's a bit stiff and you'll feel all the bumps. But, I was told the tires were notoriously hard riding. I would probably opt for a softer riding tire from the start. Would I buy another Sorento? You bet I would. For the money, you cannot beat them. People come up to my KIA and tell me how great the styling is. Mine is Red, and after dozens of commercial washes, it still shines like a diamond."

Comfort, Luxury, Function +++

By on Monday, April 01, 2013

Pros: "Comfort. Handling. Quiet. Sunroof, Power all"

Cons: "MPG not as efficient as looking for originally"

"Got a fantastically equipped new car and just cant be beat with anything comparable on the road today. Its size is perfect and not too large. The option to carry more passengers when need be is a plus without the bulk of seats you just dont need all the time. The convenience and luxury of the available options and clean drive is perfect. Its smooth, quiet, great handling. Got a larger vehicle than originally looking but the loss of MPG is made up for in heaps by the dazzling functionality. I am just under 6' tall and larger than average frame. The desire for a comfortable vehicle to support my larger frame AS WELL AS headroom was a challenge till the Sorento. The massive sunroof is outstanding. Blinds in teh rear add to the luxurious comfort."

My 1st New Car is a Kia?? What R U Thinking!!

By on Saturday, June 02, 2012

Pros: "Features for Price, V6 AWD that's not thirsty"

Cons: "Sunroof Shades doesn't stay in place for long"

"We bought a 2005 Liberty Limited 4WD V6 from family and immediately discovered we wanted something bigger, with better MPG. Living in WV there is basically no flat land, so you realize the stated MPG ratings don't apply to you. My Jeep was rated 17/22 and I was lucky to get 14/19. Surprisingly I'm averaging 19 for 2012 SX V6 AWD which is rated at 18/24 so that’s not bad in my book for driving mostly in the city. Yes, WV has cities :-) We are picky people so aside from MPG and size we wanted more and for the price and features I just kept coming back to the Kia. Bluetooth and Sirius were standard on all models which are what originally had me looking at this car. We ended up with the premium SX package that included Push Start / Keyless operation, Heated Leather Telescopic Steering Wheel, Leather seats, Heated front power seats, cooled driver seat, Homelink for our garage, Power heated folding mirrors, Dual temperature control with digital settings, Backup camera, Voice command controls that control the touchscreen entertainment and Navigation system, Interior accent lighting, third row seating and rear air conditioning. We also have the Panoramic sunroof that was a separate addon. It also didn’t hurt that the Cup Holders were large enough for the huge fast food cups that we get on long road trips. The crossover rides pretty nice and overall my wife and I, who both swore we would never own a Kia, are very satisfied with this vehicle. The only downsides are the sunroof you have to manually slide the shade back when you open the roof and the noise from the shade when it rattles (I’ve never seen when you manually open and close the shade) 3rd row is tiny, the Bluetooth likes to fight between our two iPhones for the connection and the clips that hold the 3rd row seatbelt broke but the dealership replaced them. It also would have been nice to have the heated rear seats like the Optima of the same year, and that the cooled seat was also available for the passenger."

Amazing SUV

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "price, performance, features"

"Every time I see someone driving around in a $50,000 SUV, I just have to laugh. The Sorento is the best overall value in terms of cost, performance, features, and quality. You get nothing more with a BMW or Audi other than a higher car payment. This has been the best car that we have ever owned."

awesome vehicle

By on Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

"awesome vehicle! reliable,very comfortable, a pleasure to drive great acceleration great in the snow lots of room both the front seat and the back seat as well as cargo room great for long trips I'm getting about 20 mpg in the city 28-31 mpg hiway one of the best vehicles I have ever owned"

Very good car for very little price

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Price, gas milage, comfort, roominess, pretty"

"I just bought this vehicle and I love it! When I first started looking for a vehicle I would've never thought I'd end up with a Kia. I was thinking more along the lines of a Chevy Equinox or GMC Terrain, but the ratings for the Kia Sorento were so much better, and the Sorento has so much more room with third row seating. Good on gas, and just let me tell you how smooth the ride was.....um ahhmazing!! I am definitely someone that gets a lil nervous while on the interstate (thanks to a near fatal car accident) I did not even realize I was doing the speed limit at 70mph!!! I normally stay at 55mph, so I was definitely comfortable."

LOVE my KIA Sorento

By on Friday, July 06, 2012

Pros: "Heated front seats; armrest in back w/cup holders"

Cons: "NONE!"

"Been on several out-of-state trips and love the heated front seats which helps with a problem back. Love the sunroof and moonroof. A/C cools quickly in this 100 weather. Comfortable to ride in and handles great! V6 has all the power I need. Passengers love the back seat middle armrest with cup holders and back air/heating vents."

By on Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pros: "Great value,great drive, great cargo room."

Cons: "NONE!!"

"I bought my EX V/6 in February, and I just turned 2900 miles. Gas mileage has been inproving as the unit is breaking in. Last trip to Madison yeilded 27.5 MPG. Not bad for going 70MPH with the a/c on. I couldn't be happier with this car, and I sold Toyota's, Chevy's,Buick's, and Mopar's (Chrysler, Plymouth and Dodge) for over 20 years. No problems or complaints. It just hums along. Seating is fine( I'm 6'4") and the ride is firm, but not uncomfortable. I wish Kia would offer more interior color choices, but ALL the manufacturers only offer two or three interiors. Overall, nice car; test drive one before you buy."

Great reliable car!!

By on Sunday, October 06, 2013

Pros: "great price, reliable, great mpg's, lots of room"

"I have had my 2011 Kia Sorento for 2 years now. I love this mid size SUV. I have not had ONE problem with this car. It is super reliable. On average I get 23 mpg which is great by me. It also only costs $50 to fill up which happens once every three weeks or so. I recommend this mid size SUV to all mt friends and family."

Great Wagon Replacement

By on Monday, August 20, 2012

Pros: "Excellent performance, handling, and amenities."

Cons: "Very few. Some confusing option packages."

"Replaced a much loved Saab 9-5 Turbo wagon and wanted a vehicle with as much oomph and cargo space with AWD and creature comforts. Didn't want to spend over $40K on a Volvo or Audi wagon and after driving at least a dozen candidates it came down to the Subaru Outback and (surprisingly) the Kia Sorento. Though inclined toward a wagon, the Sorento won out on the basis of features, fit and finish, comfort, warranty, and performance in a package that was neither too large nor too small. The KIA has an amazing amount of usable cargo space OR capacity for seven (OK, well five adults and two kids.)Can't have both in a vehicle this size, but the KIA is almost a foot and a half shorter than the Mazda CX-9, for example, and a turning radius that simplifies city driving. The ride is firm and handling is good for a CUV. Doesn't feel like a land yacht on a backroad. Quiet and smooth at speed and spirited performance with the V6 in a two-ton vehicle. (My other car is a Mazda RX-9 and I didn't want a floating barge or a truck.) Hadn't seriously considered a KIA until I read some reviews and confirmed the near luxury (with some exceptions) fit, finish, and features of the interior. Extremely comfortable leather seats, dual panoramic sun/moon roof, (Nice in Seattle to let the light in), and good head,shoulder,hip, and leg room in first two rows. Nice amenities like power folding and curb identifying outside mirrors, keyless entry, memory seats/mirrors, etc. And for our dog and kid, the rear a/c in both the second and third row were especially welcome. Neither the RAV4 nor the CRV offered this feature. Oddly, no power liftgate but it's light and easy to manage. It's no off-roader, of course. But it does include some useful features for "soft roading" like hill descent and take off and most importantly locking 4wd when needed to extricate it from a dicey situation or a muddy or snowy spot. I'm the obsessive researcher in the family and kept extensive notes on everything we drove and looked at. My wife, on the other hand, simply said, "This feels like home," when she drove the Sorento. Since this is more her vehicle than mine, that was the deciding factor."

I love this car

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Pros: "Warranty first, and cargo space second."

Cons: "The tires that come with it will be replaced."

"I did alot of research and I love this car. It is great to drive on long or short trips. The warranty package is great and I'm covered for 10 years and 7 years on paint etc, i figure that I will have it for 10 years, because I like it so much."

Love My New Kia

By on Friday, August 31, 2012

Pros: "great price, 3rd row seat, bluetooth nav"

Cons: "more accurate mgp calculation"

"Let me start by saying I have ALWAYS owed a Honda since I was first able to buy a car on my own. But I'm no longer brand loyal. What Honda couldn't give me was the optional 3rd row seat for the price I could afford. I recently bought a 2013 EX with the Premium Package. I considered the CRV, Equinox, RAV4, and others, but they just were too small (we have two kids and if each of them wanted to take a friend somewhere we'd have to take two cars). We recently went on vacation and I was able to take my neice and nephew to a local attraction along with my two kids...love it! Like others though, I was leary about the MPG performance, but I have only seen it improve the more I drive. I now average about 28/mpg. I too saw a difference between the car's calculation of the average mpg and my own math but the gap has closed the more I drive. (my husband works for a dealership and says you have to "break in" the engine to get the performance rating) So far, I'm 3000 miles in and SO happy we chose this vehicle."

Kia Sorento

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"I traded a Toyota Camry for my Kia Sorento. The V6 is awesome get up and go. I do wish there was more room in the 2nd and 3rd row, but compared to other vehicles in its price range for the money, IT IS AWESOME! I don't know that I will ever be able to get another vehicle without a back-up camera. The Kia handles well on the roads and drives like a dream. There is not as much road noise as I had inticipated from reading other reviews. The car fits my family perfectly and we have become very pleased with our decision to purchase a KIA!"

First vehicle from Kia,so far its great!

By on Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Pros: "Good gas mileage,rides and drives great,roomy!"

Cons: "Doesn't do well in rain,hydros easy."

"Nice ride just doesn't do well in heavy rain,might be the Kumho tires most likely."

love my kia sorento

By on Friday, December 02, 2011

Pros: "good milage for a all wheel drive i avg 20 mpg"

"i traded a dodge truck and i would not trade back for double my money back the car is great and the drive is smooth and handles great looks even better kia stands behind it great the only thing i don't like is they don't have a loaner car program if something major happens it is up to the dealer if the want to loan you a car or you rent one thank god i have not had to face this issue as of yet for my kia is dependable"

Great family mid-size SUV!

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pros: "gas mileage, low cost price tag and 7 seats"

Cons: "wish we found it sooner"

"My wife and I owned a chevy tahoe and a cadilac Escalade before buying our 2011 Kia Sorento and hands down we love the Kia more than the tahoe or the Escalade. Mostly because of the gas mileage and the sorento awd v6 7 seater has everything that the tahoe and the escalade had but a lot cheaper on the wallet. The gas mileage is great 20-27 mpg, you can't beat that in a SUV with awd and the escalade tops was 14 mpg on the highway and the tahoe 17 mpg highway comparing to the kia's 27 on the highway."

I absolutely reccomend the 2011 sorento

By on Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable ride, comfort seats, great features"

Cons: "V6 is no longer standard and as such the pick up may be desired as well as the towing capabilities."

"This is my third kia. My first was in an ac accident. My KIA saved my life and I am a loyal customer for this and many other reasons. My previous car was a 2007 sorento. I ended up with many of the problems others had with that model year, yet the car was quite reliable. On a whim I test drove the 2011 sorento and this new model lives up to its reviews. The 2011 sorento (and from what i see 2012) is light years ahead of where they were before (and that was a great car too!). Not only is the ride great on this car but the safety features (including the new ones for this model year like downhill assist) are very good and do work. Thi sis the most comfortable seating I have ever had in a new car. I recomend the convienience package. The rear camera is very handy as well as the auto dim mirrors. So much to say about this vehicle! The only downside is that KIA downgraded the engine for this year. The plus for the sorento was that the V6 was standard, now its an expensive change n price as it only comes in the top model. As such the towing capacity is not there if that is what you are looking for. The reason I was looking to purchase this car was my move up north to live with the yankees! Its cold and I was stuck in the snow all last year with my 2 wheel drive. I look forward to taking advantage of the AWD on this new sorento as well as the heated seats! Great ride and I HIGHLY reccomend. feels like you are driving in a lexus and not a KIA. Big plus is that now this is one of the only manafacturers that is producing vehicles in the U.S for this cost...the plant is in Georgia now!"

2011 Sorento EX V-6

By on Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Pros: "I got the $32,890 for $22,540 the sales lady said they lost $800 in the sale"

Cons: "mileage is the only thing I can thing of."

"I have the Limited Package and Premium Package 2 on mine. It is loaded with Pano-roof, heated seats, Navigation Love the ride. Glad I got it instead of the small Sportage...The Sportage you feel every bump. The Sorento is so smooth. The gas mileage is not real good. One time I got 17 mpg and then one time going to Okla I was getting over 30 mpg. But mostly around 20 mpg. So I am looking into trading for the Optima or the sister vehicle Sonata for 35 mpg."

An amazing surprise!

By on Friday, April 15, 2011

"I would have given this rating a solid five stars overall, if the gas mileage was a bit better. I really expected better for a four cylinder. However, to it's credit I really think the vehicle should only support a 6cyl engine. There's a lot of car here to be pulled effectively by four. It's stylish, roomy, loaded with more standard luxury features than my Dh's 2009 Mercedes. (by the way he's jealous that I worked out such an amazing deal at $24K for everything got...plus things his car doesn't even have) :-) I hauled a 5 1/2 foot desk in the back with the seats down with no problem, and my shopping trips to Costco always support the room this winner provides. Smooth and quiet ride...I bought mine in August 2010...almost nine months, and 5200 miles....it's AWD got me through a typical Pittsburgh winter, no problem. All of this after owning Subarus religiously for the last twelve years. Who would have thought! Go Kia!"

Mileage well below expected

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "price, handles well and well constructed"

Cons: "mileage of course, slightly stiff on bumps"

"Purchased this LX 9 months ago and drive about 90% highway, which should produce very good mpg results -- think again. The GDI engine is a disappointment ONLY in the mpg area, producing very decent power output for a majority of driving conditions. I bought the Sorento primarily for 'mileage'. The results are telling and, after owning many vehicles since 1967, I claim expert at calculating mpg (btw, the computer is roughly 6%-7% high, so don't believe it -- and that can be blamed on KIA). BEST mileage calculated on # of gallons of gas put in tank is just over 28 highway @ 60 mph -- can't speak to 'city' (but not good). Otherwise, I actually like it."