• 2014 Compact SUVs

2013 Kia Sorento Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,245 - $24,088.

10/7.6

8.1

Based on 214 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Great vehicle

By on Sunday, September 18, 2011

"We bought our 2011 4 cyl. Kia Sorento last December. I read reviews about the mileage being a few gallons under the quoted mpg, but we have found that after the initial break-in of 3 months, driving 60-62 mph(our 2 lane highways are 55 mph) we get 30 mpg, and 67-69 mph on interstate yields the predicted 28 mpg. Drive faster and it'll be slightly lower; it's all in how fast you drive. City driving says only 13 mpg, but I think that's inaccurate because I can drive forever on a tank of gas. We traded a GMC Envoy for the Sorento, so my only real "complaint" is that the seats aren't as comfortable as my Envoy on long rides. I prefer cloth seats, so the Sorento heated cloth seats are a bonus for our very cold midwestern winters. The 4 cyl is just as good as our V6 was. I'm very happy with the zip in this vehicle. We have the 3rd row seating, although we usually have the back row down for storage. Still, it's nice to have the extra seating when we need it. The only other issue is with the Blue Tooth. Sometimes it rings phantom incoming calls and my voice name recognition won't work, but then I have a cheap cell phone. It all seems to work ok with my husband's phone. Overall, we are very happy with our Sorento and will trade for another when the time comes."

Good MPG, smooth driving

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Mileage, price, features, design, noise insulation"

Cons: "Rear wiper buttons are at weird spot."

"MPG is pretty impressive - I get around 24, mostly driving in city. Road noise is not pronounced, car tends to drive pretty smoothly. Fair amount of features."

Great Car - Still doing great

By on Thursday, December 27, 2012

Pros: "It does eveything I bought it for"

Cons: "NONE!!!!!!"

"Just turned 6000 miles, and I've had no problems at all. I just put winter tires on (235/65 X 17)and waiting to try it out in the snow. Mileage is about 20 aroung town, and mid 20's on the highway, best was 27 on the road. Not bad for a V6 with AWD. My wife really likes the sun-roofs, and the saddle & black interior. Comfortable seats and all the toys. I don't have to carry a mapcase anymore, the Nav system is super. I really enjoy the car. I do all the maintenance myself, and there's really very little to do. Good job KIA!!"

Great vehicle but gas mileage isn't what they said

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"My Kia has been an awesome vehicle for our family. We have driven it to Florida from New England twice and it is very comfortable, reliable and all around great. The only drawback is that the gas mileage is far from what they originally said. Count on 24-26 MPG combined on those long trips."

Great vehicle.

By on Sunday, August 05, 2012

Pros: "Great value, Looks sharp, Great family vehicle"

Cons: "Can't off road"

"For many years I would have never even considered buying a Kia. Let me tell you, Kia has come a long way. After quite a bit of research, I kept hearing good things about the Sorento, so I decided to look into it. The first thing that turned me on to the Sorento was the price. I felt it was a great value for everything the car offered. I have the AWD 2.4/4 cylinder GDI. Looking back, I kind of wish I would have gone with the V6. There is absolutely nothing wrong with what I have, but I think I'd have liked a little more power. I do have the tow pkg, so a little extra pull would be nice, but the 2.4/4 cylinder GDI gets what I need done just fine. I mainly only tow a trailer with yard debris. I am very pleased with how the Sorento looks inside and out. I would have preferred a black, Sorento but ended up settling for the satin metal color. It's still an excellent color. I'm a bigger guy, and I'm 6'3" tall. For the most part, I'm comfortable driving the Sorento, but on longer trips I've noticed my shin getting a little sore because the gas pedal sits higher up. If I have the cruise control on, it's not a problem. The back window can also be a little difficult to see out of. I also opted not to get the 3rd row seating. I'd much rather have the extra cargo space. I have a 60 pound dog, and he has plenty of room back there. I've been through half a winter in my Sorento, and was even caught in a snow storm for around 2 1/2 hrs, and the Sorento handled great. I live in Iowa where we have plenty of snow and ice in the winters, and this vehicle has never had any problems with it. Sometimes I work very early in the morning before the roads are plowed, and the Sorento sits up high enough to where deeper snow is not much of a problem. On the highway, my Sorento has averaged 28 mpg. It's gotten up to 31. It's a little difficult to judge what I get in town because I live in a small town, and only work about a mile from where I live. i probably don't need to drive. I used to own a Chevy Silverado, so this is a big step up for me as far as fuel economy goes. On most roads, my Sorento does fine, but if I'm on gravel, or have poor road conditions, the ride can be a little rough. I would not recommend taking this off-roading. Overall, I'm very impressed with my Sorento. The price was great for all the features that this vehicle offered. I was looking for something safe, and affordable for my family, and the Sorento seems to be a great choice so far. I would consider buying another for sure. Kia has really stepped it up in recent years, and you can expect a quality product from them."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25