2012 Kia Sorento

8.2

Based on 270 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

First ever crossover

By on Wednesday, April 08, 2015

"I have owned my Sorento for 3 years. It was purchased used, and that is how I discovered that the 10 year 100,000 mile warranty does not hold true. Only if the car is purchased new does this warranty exist. At 65,000 miles things have seemed to fall apart. First it was a seized up brake caliper, now it's a pinion bearing in the rear differential. My previous car (Dodge Intrepid) never had these issues....even with 140,000 miles. Another draw back with this vehicle is the interior. I have the beige seats and they show absolutely everything! I spilled water and thought, "no big deal". I was wrong....even water leaves a stain like you wouldn't believe. Even so, it isn't all bad with this car. I live in an area that has brutal winters and this has been hands down the best vehicle I've ever had for winter driving. The fuel mileage for the V-6 isn't too bad either. The Sorento rides and handles very well, and has plenty of room for my family."

For a vehicle this size, it turns on a dime.

By on Monday, April 06, 2015

Pros: "Great handling"

Cons: "Heater fan motor makes a little noise"

"tight turns. V-6 uses more gas, but has all the pep and pickup that you could want in an SUV. I don't get the gas mileage that was on the window sticker, but get about 24.5 on Hwy."

Thank you, Kia!

By on Friday, April 03, 2015

Pros: "Great mileage."

Cons: "No directional compass in mirror."

"My Sorento has been exactly what I was looking for when I purchased it in 2011! I enjoy the roominess of the interior, the easy to clean exterior, and the driving experience that the vehicle offers. It has always gotten better mileage than what was predicted. I got 30 mag on the highway often. I love that the seats lay down and I can haul a tree home for the orchard or a bunch of 2x4's for a construction project. It also carries us to our "fancy" occasions comfortably."

great suv

By on Sunday, March 29, 2015

Pros: "good suv for the money"

Cons: "no dipstic to check trans fluid"

"great suv plenty of power good ride. i have had this truck 3 years in nek vermont great in the snow would buy again"

Comfortable and reliable. I enjoyed it.

By on Friday, March 27, 2015

Pros: "Practical and efficient plus good looks."

Cons: "4-wheel drive"

"Good vehicle and good price range."

Warranty Not Worth Depreciation

By on Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Pros: "dependable"

Cons: "Little storage space, very little built in storage"

"My primary reason for choosing Kia over other brands was the 100,000 mile warranty. Many dealerships of other brands offer the equivalent, but I was concerned with the trustworthiness of the dealerships and their service depts. At least with Kia, it is backed by the manufacturer, not just the local dealership. I just checked the trade in value of my car, in good condition, and it is less than half of what I paid for it in Nov 2012. The electronics are not great, which I have come to expect as standard. Navigation is not easily and regularly updated. My dealership acts like it is an act of personal sacrifice to do the major updates...it takes a while and they don't get to charge for them. The stereo/cd/aux/usb input is un. Just un. I suppose the sound is great (slightly hearing impaired), but a special cord is required for use with iPod, any other MP3 player is very limited feature. With my iPod, EVERY time I connect, I have to select random (b/c I like all of my music), otherwise, I listen to the exact same songs every time. It doesn't hold any type of memory, as far as I can tell. The OEM tires were practically useless. I lost traction on dry pavement frequently enough to be very concerned. On wet pavement, I lost traction at least once every single time! My replacement tires have been remarkable in comparison. They have finally given me some confidence in the car itself. Even though I have only had the replacement tires for a short time (less than 10,000 miles), my review of the traction/handling/stability will be based strictly on them. It is the only way I feel I can be fair, they have made such a significant difference! We have had a particularly cold/snowy winter and my Sorento has performed better than I have expected. The downhill assist was outstanding on my very long, very steep driveway! I didn't have much confidence using it, but it has completely exceeded my expectations. No chains or snow tires, just good all-season tires. The AWD has been very good, and the only times I lost traction enough to really feel it, were the result of my own errors. Not allowing speed/stopping distance based on the current road conditions. Headlights, fog lights, tail and brake lights: I have already replaced one headlamp, one fog lamp, and one marker/parking lamp. I believe that the failures were caused by the car's electrical/lighting system, not bulb failure. The dash lights auto-dim randomly, as if the headlights are being turned on/off. It has been a recurring problem that was initially thought to be related to one headlight assembly, but after it was replaced, I still have random dimming of the dash lights. I have not returned to the dealership regarding this problem. With those exceptions, the car has been very good. Unfortunately, the depreciation is disappointment enough for me not to recommend the car."

some short comings 2015 sorrento sxl

By on Friday, March 20, 2015

Pros: "lots of bells and whistles"

Cons: "no heated mirrors, drivers head exit handle,"

"Life gate too low, im 5'11" and hit my head if not careful. no drivers above exit handle No heated mirrors picked up car june 2014-January first 2015 kia aired on tv the new 2016-feel like I have old model ."

great car, owned 30 months

By on Friday, March 13, 2015

Pros: "good response, handling, lower $ than competitors"

Cons: "recall for stalling, SX 3rd row seat not wanted"

"it is great for towing my boat or camper. I would prefer storage area over 3rd row. Actual mileage with my V6 is 19/25+. I have the 10/100000 mile bumper to bumper warranty, and the ride is better than some other brand SUV's that my friends have. I give it a strong 9 out of 10"

great vehicle with excellent company warrenty

By on Thursday, February 19, 2015

"great pricing for options that would cost much more on other brands, I have the V6 engine which tows my camper and my boat easily."

Best SUV value in 2011, no problems

By on Thursday, February 19, 2015

Pros: "Awesome, even better in winter months"

Cons: "No compass, but an LX not an EX"

"Great SUV"

Good except......

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Pros: "power, looks, sound system."

Cons: "suspenion is inferior"

"This car replaced a Ford Edge which we were really unhappy with. We like the way it looks, the interior and features. What we don't like is the suspension. On a bump or pothole the car suffers a bone rattling jolt that goes through the entire car. I have been un able to find anything other than the factory struts which are unable to handle the job. Cure this problem and it would be a fine car."

The KIA SORENTO IS THE BEST SUV YET !

By on Monday, February 09, 2015

Pros: "VERY GREAT PRICE & TRADE & DRIVES & HANDLES GREAT!"

Cons: "LOVE TO HAVE A BACK UP CAMERA & HEATED MIRRORS !"

"I've had 5 new Hondas and tried to trade with them again and I couldn't, so I went to Kia dealer and we test drove the Kia and it was by far a better riding, more room, more power, great gas mileage, and for the Honda I had to trade in, the Kia dealer gave me $15,000.00 for my car and the Honda dealer would only give me $8,990.00 !!! WE LOVE OUR KIA AND HAVE NOT HAD ANY TROUBLE WITH THE KIA AT ALL !! I KEEP IT UP AND HAVE ALL PAPERWORK WITH IT !!! If you're looking to buy an SUV, PLEASE TRY A KIA SORENTO before you buy any other type of car !! It's actually a lot cheaper than the type of Honda I was going to get by $12,450.00 !! BEST SUV I've EVER OWNED !!!"

Great vehicle, Quality, dependability and price.

By on Friday, February 06, 2015

Pros: "Great Price, Great Quality, Great Performance."

"I currently own a 2013 Sorento and really enjoy driving this vehicle. I have the 4cyl FWD and need more power for towing so I just ordered a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD that will give me 5000lb Towing capacity. The Sorento in my opinion is a terrific value with very impressive comfort, styling and safety ratings' haven't had any maintenance issues with my 2013 Sorento and very confident the 2016 will perform as well."

verry good & good service

By on Saturday, January 31, 2015

"good size auto"

It is really a great vehicle

By on Sunday, January 25, 2015

Pros: "It is fun to drive; The engine is so quiet."

Cons: "The middle seatbelt buckle keeps goin in the seat."

"I purchased my vehicle pre-owned a year and a half ago and I'm still loving it. Everyone who rides in it always ask what vehicle it is and comment on how nice it is. If I had to purchase another vehicle, I would purchase another Kia Sorento again. I love it!"

Crash believer

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

Pros: "Handles crashes well"

"I hit a huge deer last week (Buck) and the Kia took it well! Yes a lot of damage, $6800, but inside we hardly felt it. I would rather have the damage to the vehicle than the occupants. Hit passenger side front and took quite a bit of exterior and engine damage, but the frame is fine and inside we hardly felt it. We also took a cross country trip this fall with 4 adults and the spacious interior held all our luggage and provided us comfort for driving all night. I'm so glad it's fixable and coming back to me soon!!"

Best car ever owned

By on Thursday, January 22, 2015

Pros: "Great Value, plenty of power, smooth ride,"

"Comfortable ride with plenty of power (4Cyl.) drives and handles very smooth, Automatic 4 wheel drive with manual lock engages without a hitch and powers through the deepest snow.In 109,000 miles I replaced the brakes and tires once. Only problem is right rear wheel sensor has gone out twice. (warranty)Averages 23-24 mpg. on regular, plenty of pick up and cruses at 80 without strain. Quiet and comfortable interior front and rear seats recline. I will buy another when the time comes. :-)"

perfect for us retired couple & our German Shepher

By on Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Pros: "Mileage, style, price, comfort."

Cons: "could use a little more HP, especially in hills."

"A bit underpowered with the 4 cyl but premium fuel definitely kicks it up a notch. Love the mileage though."

smooth ride large interior great features

By on Thursday, January 15, 2015

Pros: "comfortable smooth drive Roomy"

Drove to florida

"I love this car it fits my grand kids carseats and luggage roomy for driver and passengers. has a regular outlet to charge my granddaughters game or vacuum everything you need for long drives seats recline for comfortable resting"

Drove to florida

Didn't think a KIA would have this quality and lux

By on Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Pros: "great drivability and handeling.exceptional qualit"

Cons: "speedometer is hard to read in certain light"

"This is my first KIA, but it won't be my last. The quality has been incredible. This model, the SXL has every gadget and option you can think of, and they're all standard. The handling and drive of the car are exceptional. My last car was a Buick Enclave and it didn't come close to the enjoyment I'm having with this car. The car is one year old and I only have 7400 miles, but so far there has been no problems with the car. If it continues to perform and holds up well, this car is a HOME RUN!!!"

Average

By on Thursday, January 01, 2015

Pros: "Great cargo space, comfortable, reliable."

Cons: "No power, sluggish."

"I leased this 2014 Sorento and Loved the fact that it was all wheel drive, it's amazing in the snow! The engine is very sluggish. I had a 2010 Forte and the engine in the Sorento is mildly more powerful in the Sorento as it was in the Forte. It is very noticeable. I give this car an 8 overall score though because, the car is comfortable, affordable, and has lots of cargo room. A great car if you don't need to have any acceleration at stop lights."

Like the car but cannot rave about it.

By on Friday, December 19, 2014

Pros: "Ride, price, room"

Cons: "GPS, instruments, mileage"

"This car replaced our 12 year old Aztek which we loved (even though everyone thought it ugly) so it has a lot to live up to. Although only about 200 #'s less than our FWD Aztek the Sorento's FWD traction is not as good. We like the ride of the Sorento as well as all the "bells and whistles" that have came about since. My wife now will never have a car that doesn't have heated/cooled seats and I really like the rear camera. I am extremely disappointed to recently find out I have to pay the dealership $250 to get the GPS maps updated. A feature I really didn't want when I bought the car but it was in the "package". I get free updates for life with my $99 over the counter brand GPS. The other thing which is a safety issue is the coloring of the speedometer needle, red, is difficult to see in the bright sunlight, making it harder to see (or longer to focus on where it is). MPG on dash is always 2 MPG less than actual. (I track all gas put in the car) I do like this car and would buy another if those and some other minor issues are addressed"

Well pleased

By on Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Pros: "Good value for the money"

Cons: "Rearward vision"

"Empty nesters. Tried to make do with a compact car for travel and after our last trip vowed we would never take a trip in that car again. Purchased the 2013 KIA Sorento, used with low miles, and have been very satisfied with the vehicle. Good size for light hauling (since I had to give up my pickup truck). Rides smoothly on the interstate. Rearward vision can be a problem if you aren't comfortable with mirrors. The backup camera is very helpful in overcoming the rearward vision problem in parking lots."

love this car...great car for the value

By on Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Pros: "great price & warranty, comfortable to drive"

Cons: "gas mileage is ok"

"I love this car. I got it new and loved it on site. After the test drive I was sold...plus it was over $10,000 less then other cars with same features, which was awesome!!! I wouldn't hesitate to get another one"

Best value for your money

By on Friday, November 14, 2014

"All in all, I love my Kia even more than I loved my Lincoln Navigator. Low mileage, easy maintenance, reliable and comfortable. We took the Kia from MN down to Fort Lauderdale, FL and all through out the south before returning home....it was a great trip!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Sorento near Honolulu. See local deals