• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2011 Kia Sorento

8.0

Based on 227 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

best vehicle I have owned

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "Easy keeper"

Cons: "No cons"

"As stated above"

I love this car

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Pros: "Warranty first, and cargo space second."

Cons: "The tires that come with it will be replaced."

"I did alot of research and I love this car. It is great to drive on long or short trips. The warranty package is great and I'm covered for 10 years and 7 years on paint etc, i figure that I will have it for 10 years, because I like it so much."

This vehicle is like a toy

By on Saturday, July 12, 2014

Pros: "None"

Cons: "It's not worth the money"

"I will get rid of it ASAP"

Best SUV for the money

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pros: "Great price and sharp looks"

"Our 2013 Sorento is the second Sorento we have owned. Totally our family has owned 5 Kias. Each has always had a high quality for the price. The 2013 Sorento has all the luxury we could want plus excellent gas mileage of between 22-23 highway and 19-21 city."

Must view if shopping for SUV

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Good bang for buck, great value"

Cons: "S-l-o-w motor, cheap seats"

"We've had this 3rd row equipped Sorento for a couple years, with the I-4. My chief complaint is the flat feeling seats, I have trucks, so I'm used to padding, my wife came from an uber cheap 06-ish Malibu, so she's used to cardboard seating, I am not. The 3rd row is very helpful with people who need a minivan but refuse to buy one (ahem!!! Wifey), but with the rears up, you won't hold much beyond a single gym bag, and maybe a gallon of milk back there with it. The rear doors are large enough to get kids in and out, the 2nd row passenger seat "tumbles" forward, looks easy enough to get in, my 250lb over 6ft frame can get back there, once I'm there, getting back out is the trick! Aside of the cheap seats, I hate the steering wheel size, feels video game small. This is just me and trucks I'm sure, but I personally don't like it. I don't like the chrome trim around the gauges, it reflects sunlight in the eyes quite often. The overall interior is really nice looking, is holding up well to kids, but we are the "don't eat, don't drink" in the car parents, so that helps a ton. The little engine, it really seems to struggle. It's a little 4 cylinder, and it shows it. I use the manu-matic mode just to get it up around 3K so it feels like it's moving, it really feels sluggish. Gets mid to high 20's for mileage, which was below the reported mileage, so we get rebate money from that, but I don't know if you'd get that buying it used. Overall, it's a nicely styled car/van/SUV thing, rides pretty well, cruises along nicely, just has troubles passing people, and getting up to speed from a stop. It holds 6 comfortably, and 7 if the middle row has children or real small (skinny) adults. Has a lot of options, the XM/Sirius is cool, good sounding stereo, and the backup camera is really handy, as these vehicles aren't exactly the easiest thing to back into a parking spot, or a garage."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Sorento near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for