2005 Kia Sorento

7.9

Based on 640 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

An SUV Worthy of Better Credit

By on Friday, September 12, 2008

"My only big complaint with my Sorento so far is its ability to retain market value. I bet that I could rebadge this vehicle with one of the social status SUV badges and I could sell it for more than what I paid for it new. Otherwise, as of this writing, I haven't had one bit of mechanical problem with it. The fuel economy rating is way off from what the manf claims, but that was before the gov't made them change how they calculate it. Mine avg's 21 mpg Hwy @ 70 mph. City mpg varies too much to get an accurate avg but, if I had to guess it would be around 16-17 mpg. Changing the oil is a chore due to a skid plate covering the bottom of the engine. Once the skid plate is removed everything is easily accessable BUT, you just can't use any oil filter. You have to make sure that you get one that matches the height of the OEM filter or you further complicate the process. So far the only aftermarket filter I found that fits without a hassle is WIX. Frams are about 5/16" too tall to fit without an extra 10 minutes worth of mechanic work. The ride is smooth and the vehicle handles as expected for an SUV of it's size, which is very well. I haven't taken mine off-road but people in the Sorento forums swear that these outperform the stock Jeeps, GMC's, Chevy's and other SUV's in it's class. I'm sure they wouldn't lie, expecially since they're on the Internet making these claims. KIA could improve the interior by adding some extra 12v outlets in the rear, which may have already been done with newer editions, and improving the stereo head unit. They still offer cassette/CD combo. Get with the program and install MP3 ready equipment. Otherwise the sound of the stereo is good as-is. Bottom line, you can get a loaded-out Sorento for the same price you can get an entry level "Status Quo" SUV, plus you get a much better warranty with the KIA."

I love my Kia Sorento!

By on Saturday, December 29, 2012

"Have owned my Kia Sorento since new in 2004 and had no cost except normal wear and tear. The ride and handling are great. Love the chassis and colors, white with bronze trim, and all the automatic features, especially the 4 wheel drive. I lived in town and in the country so it performs well in both. Hope they improve the gas milage but it falls in the general category of other SUVs to date. I recommend this make and model and will look into replacing mine with a new one soon."

Best Bang for Buck!

By on Friday, December 06, 2013

Pros: "Great for the price, durable, good on gas"

Cons: "front lite bulbs short out constantly"

"Got mine in 2005 and had a few mechanical issue that werent necessarily manufacturer related. Only 1 was a warped drive train but that was replaced by warranty. I do have a problem with the front bulbs constantly needing replacement but considering I'm nearing 200K miles Ive been extremely pleased with mine and I'd recommend it to anyone. Be warned replacing the timing chain is a pain (done it twice). Have it replaced by a mechanic."

Very nice Midsize SUV

By on Wednesday, May 15, 2013

"It is comfortable, easy to drive and plenty of power. Love it on long trips seats provide good support."

Loved it

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Awsome in the snow"

Cons: "Warrenty fine print"

"I have owned two of these, the sorento itself is a great SUV, it drives and handles as good if not better than others out there, I have often said its like riding in a lincoin because the ride is so smooth. It is great in the snow, I have not gotten it stuck yet! I am very happy with this vehicle, I was rearended in my last one and I have to say I had less dammage then the other vehicle it just messed up the bumper and tail light but the other car was totaled. I recommend this vehicle all the time to everyone. I think the price is comparable to others its size and options, I will say this while the warrenty is good you have to do a lot to keep in with in the warrenty requirements (thats the only down side) and the warrenty is only half if you sell the vehicle to someone else or if your the second owner its not the full 10/100,000 of the original warrenty."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Sorento near Honolulu. See local deals