1998 Kia Sephia

6.5

Based on 204 Ratings for the 1998 - 2001 models.

7.3/10
    6.7/10
    7.4/10
    7.0/10
    6.9/10
    6.7/10

Solid Commuter Car

By on Tuesday, February 01, 2011

"This was my wife's college car, and then became my daily driver after we graduated and joined the workforce. It now has 140k miles, and the car is still running great. Value: Great value for a $10,500 veh, the repair bills over the past 4 years have been minimal, and I constantly get 350 miles per tank. Reliability: I've had it to the shop 2x in the past 10 years, and each repair was less than $400, and only took a days work. Quality: The exterior paint has faded in a few spots. The interior has basically fallen apart around me - dashboard is warped, shifter trim has come off, etc. The interior was very cheaply put together. The back left window broke and slides up and down with every bump in the road, and the A/C occasionally works if I hit a bump just right. Performance: still gets 350 mi per tank, and has some pep to it. Styling and Comfort: Gets the job done for compact car that's 10+ years old."

2000 Kia Sephia 8 Year Review

By on Thursday, January 10, 2008

"Bought my 2000 Kia Sephia in december of '99. I now have about 99,000 miles on it. I have driven the car down to florida from chicago and back a few times with no problems and am about to take it down again. All I have done to this car in 8 years is fluid changes, tune ups, tires, brakes, battery or general maintenance that will have to be done no matter what you drive. This car is good on gas and will get you from point a to b and for a cheaper priced car and has a little of a sporty look to it. My only complaint over the 8 years would be stupid stuff breaks or comes loose, window weatherstripping came loose, dash on top seems to be coming loose now as well, both of these relate to poor glue quality, the middle console has a clip to keep it locked which I have broken twice as it is super thin plastic. Overall over the 8 years I think it has been a great car for the price as far as getting from point a to b on a budget with a little bit of style as well. Some of the little problems I described I guess should be expected from a lower priced vehicle. Was going to sell the car now but it still runs great so I just spent over $2200 on it for rims, tires, alignment, brakes, timing chain, water pump, tune up, belts, hoses, battery, alternator and a brand new exhaust system to bring it back to mint mechanical condition and i will run it for another year or so before taking on a new car payment. Another reason for my extensive repair list is it's about to take another 3,000+ mile road trip and I want it running like day #1 with no problems while on vacation."

Good, inexpensive around-town car

By on Friday, July 06, 2007

"Bought a used 2000 Kia Sephia with 75K miles for my 17-yr old. Had to invest in some maintenance tasks (radiator flush, transmission maintenance, new CV boots), but have had no major mechanical problems at all. Car is extremely reliable, gets decent mileage, and peppy for a small engine."

GREAT VALUE

By on Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pros: "great price, 2/3 split seat"

Cons: "rebuilding front end 3/times/last year"

"I bought my car when it was 3 months old-it was a program car and had 22,000 miles on it. I had the cruise added since I knew I was going to add lots of miles. With tax, title and license, I paid just over $10,000 on it!! There is a chrysler mini van commercial that asks "at the end, if you had to do all over again, would u" MY answer to that is YES!!!!!!!!!! My car has 178,000 miles on it and I just took it to Texas (from Iowa) this summer and it still runs like a dream!!! Sure, we've had to do work to it but just regular maintenance plus an alternator and front end stuff!! I am almost in the market for a new(er) vehicle and am seriously considering another Kia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Great First Car!!

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Reason: Bought New Vehicle

Pros: "great price, compact yet roomy, low maintance"

Cons: "power windows"

"I was only 19 when I bought this car used for $10K! However it was less than 1 year old and was only used by the dealship as a customer service shuttle vehicle. It had only 800 miles on it and I was able to buy it with my part time job income for driving to and from work and school. I ended up loving my car so much that I drove it on vacations and put over 100,000 miles on it. I only decided to get a new car because I changed lines of work and needed a larger, more professional vehicle. I drove this car for 8 years straight! I recommend it for young car buyers or commuters!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Sephia near Honolulu. See local deals