1998 Kia Sephia

6.5

Based on 204 Ratings for the 1998 - 2001 models.

7.3/10
    6.7/10
    7.4/10
    7.0/10
    6.9/10
    6.7/10

2000 Kia Sephia 8 Year Review

By on Thursday, January 10, 2008

"Bought my 2000 Kia Sephia in december of '99. I now have about 99,000 miles on it. I have driven the car down to florida from chicago and back a few times with no problems and am about to take it down again. All I have done to this car in 8 years is fluid changes, tune ups, tires, brakes, battery or general maintenance that will have to be done no matter what you drive. This car is good on gas and will get you from point a to b and for a cheaper priced car and has a little of a sporty look to it. My only complaint over the 8 years would be stupid stuff breaks or comes loose, window weatherstripping came loose, dash on top seems to be coming loose now as well, both of these relate to poor glue quality, the middle console has a clip to keep it locked which I have broken twice as it is super thin plastic. Overall over the 8 years I think it has been a great car for the price as far as getting from point a to b on a budget with a little bit of style as well. Some of the little problems I described I guess should be expected from a lower priced vehicle. Was going to sell the car now but it still runs great so I just spent over $2200 on it for rims, tires, alignment, brakes, timing chain, water pump, tune up, belts, hoses, battery, alternator and a brand new exhaust system to bring it back to mint mechanical condition and i will run it for another year or so before taking on a new car payment. Another reason for my extensive repair list is it's about to take another 3,000+ mile road trip and I want it running like day #1 with no problems while on vacation."

Solid Commuter Car

By on Tuesday, February 01, 2011

"This was my wife's college car, and then became my daily driver after we graduated and joined the workforce. It now has 140k miles, and the car is still running great. Value: Great value for a $10,500 veh, the repair bills over the past 4 years have been minimal, and I constantly get 350 miles per tank. Reliability: I've had it to the shop 2x in the past 10 years, and each repair was less than $400, and only took a days work. Quality: The exterior paint has faded in a few spots. The interior has basically fallen apart around me - dashboard is warped, shifter trim has come off, etc. The interior was very cheaply put together. The back left window broke and slides up and down with every bump in the road, and the A/C occasionally works if I hit a bump just right. Performance: still gets 350 mi per tank, and has some pep to it. Styling and Comfort: Gets the job done for compact car that's 10+ years old."

Good, inexpensive around-town car

By on Friday, July 06, 2007

"Bought a used 2000 Kia Sephia with 75K miles for my 17-yr old. Had to invest in some maintenance tasks (radiator flush, transmission maintenance, new CV boots), but have had no major mechanical problems at all. Car is extremely reliable, gets decent mileage, and peppy for a small engine."

Cheap and cheerful

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "No frills and Cheap. No one will steal it."

Cons: "Noisy, poor build quality inside and out."

"Bought my 2001 kia in 2002 with 7k on the clock. I had no problems until 42k when the shifter got stuck in park. That was covered by the warranty.No more problems until 75k when the axles needed replacing at a cost of $500.Since then I have changed the timming belt,water pump, alternator, all the belts changed. The car goes through a battery every 2 years. New Thermostat and flush at at 84k ($400).The interior of the car is poor quality. Overall I would say you get what you pay for. If you can afford to pay a bit more, buy a Toyota or Honda."

Wonderful comfort, cheap value, a bit unreliable

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "Price, Comfort, Good Design, Roomy,"

Cons: "Reliability, Cheap parts"

"Comfortable, Cheap, Nice to look at, versatile. This car is comfy, rides better than my mother's 2009 Sedona, and has good LS options. If you're worried about it being small, don't. It may not look like it, but it's a really big car on the inside. I can fit my entire drumkit (6-piece 4 cymbals) without having to break most of it down, really. the seats in the back fold flat to make a huge cargo area for anything. It's also very cheap. this car second hand in good condition from a little old lady, cost me $1,500. That's it. The interior is fairly well put together and things haven't really fallen off much. Bad: It's unreliable mechanically in it's older age, but a few small fixes with cheap parts has got it running just fine now. On my particular car in the year I've owned it so far: •Brake Discs $300 •Air Compressor $600 •Engine seal leak $170 •Brake lines were leaking $150 •Timing belt change $180 Sub total: $1400 New tires: $500 Total: $1900 Now in my terms, that's $2000. I could've had a 5-speed civic for that. :face:"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Sephia near Honolulu. See local deals