1995 Kia Sephia

6.7

Based on 40 Ratings for the 1994 - 1997 models.

7.5/10
    6.6/10
    7.6/10
    6.9/10
    6.5/10
    6.6/10

very good car easy maintenance

By on Saturday, May 10, 2014

"very good in gas, reliable love it."

The Love Of My Life

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

Pros: "A family/single car, commuter, fun"

Cons: "May overheat from time to time"

"My parents bought this car when it had about 55,000 miles on it back in 2004. Basically it was the family car it drove us to the grocery store, work, family gatherings and sporting events. Basically this car was our go to when going anywhere. Then in 2010 I started college and the car became mine. Again used as the daily commuter it never let me down. Granted as we got to the 89,000-100,000 range there were some hiccups here and there. Specifically my car would overheat from time to time but nothing too severe. The car also withstood a flood, hurricanes and multiple moments when it overheated. Currently it has 114,500 something miles and is nearing it's end but the fact of the matter is the car is a tremendous daily commuter, reliable, great family/single car and just a beauty. It hurts me that I have to now sell it as engine problem have come up and even then it still drives great but I have the money to replace it with a new car. If you happen to find this car around the 70,000-90,000 mile range I suggest you buy it in a hurry. Believe me you will not be disappointed. You will love your KIA Sephia. Gonna miss you Shylo!"

Best car EVER......

By on Friday, November 01, 2013

"I LOVE THIS CAR IT ZIPS EVERY WHERE.....VERY DEPENDBLE....it has 200,000 miles and still has that zip need to sell because family member gave me there car..."

best $320 car I bought 13 years ago

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "good gas milage and dependable"

Cons: "brakes a little weak"

"I bought this car 13 years ago it was in a damaged state when I got it. the bumper was torn off and dragging the brakes were rusted and locked up. I found out the first owner had no insurance on it and it got towed to the wrong dealer for repairs. the owner had no money and I just had my truck damaged so I bought the sephia to repair quickly to drive for $320 that the owner owed for the tow bill. I replaced the brakes and did a quick repair of the bumper and drove it till the next spring while I repaired my truck. the kia had 77000 miles in sept 2000 when I got it. after fixing my truck gas was up so I drove the kia to work every day. I put 100 miles on it a day for the next 7 years then my new job was close so not too many miles put on it there. Today it has 200000 miles on it it looks ruff and rusted out, but runs good. I drive it every day. THIS WAS THE BEST $320 DOLLAR I HAVE SPENT!!!! WISH I COULD FIND ANOTHER 94 THAT WAS LIKE NEW TO REPLACE THIS ONE WHEN IT IS DONE!!!"

Bought in 1997 with only 14 miles on it

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "good gas mileage; good little commuter car"

Cons: "In some instances, parts were hard to find for it."

"My little 1997 Kia Sephia was brand new when I bought it with just 14 miles on it. It is an automatic transmission with manual windows, manual locks, and had a tape deck in it. The stereo broke and the drive belts needed replaced the first year, but after that it ran and ran and ran. I used it primarily as an in town commuter car and got really good gas mileage, so much so that now I cringe as I am shopping for a new car. It was perfect for my single, pre-child, college years. I did fairly routine oil, lube, and filter changes, battery replacement,and had new tires put on it every now and then. About the time it hit 100,000 miles I started having more mechanical issues with it, like oil leaks, radiator leaks, water pump hose leaks, broken gaskets, battery corrosion eating at my connect, the muffler needed replaced,the dash cracked and peeled up, the interior light door sensor stopped working, and the "open door" light got stuck on (I think I slammed the seat belt into the door and broke the sensor)...Unfortunatley, now it is the transmission that needs replaced. All of those issues probably could have been avoided, or at least significantly delayed had I had routine engine tune-ups done on it like I should have. This past year, I had a baby and though the trunk is deceptively deep, and the carseat does fit, it only passed inspection at the fire station after putting a foam roll under the base to get the correct angle, and the 1997 Kia doesn't have the key-fit lock bolts for the carseat. I mostly need more room. That coupled with the cost of the new transmission ($1621 parts and labor quoted from the dealership), I decided it was time for a new car. I pinky-swear that I will do better with my maintenance on my next car. All-in-all, I am surprisingly sad to see it go. It served me well for 14 years. I would completely recommend a new Kia (in fact, I really want a Sorento), but I don't know that I would recommend a 1997 Kia Sephia unless it is very low miles. I also think this year of this model might have poor safety ratings."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Sephia near Honolulu. See local deals