2014 Kia Sedona Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,051 - $24,992.

10/6.5

7.9

Based on 344 Ratings for the 2006 - 2014 models.

Is this thing really a Minivan?!?!

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

"We purchased the 2012 LX Sedona used in October of 2013. It now currently has 44,000 miles on it and going strong. We had a 2002 Kia Spectra that I bought new before I was even married. It had close to 200,000 miles on it when I sold it to an indiviual who is still driving it. A wife and two kids later forced us to need another vehicle and there was no doubt that I would look at Kia first. The van is very smooth riding and handles great. Very comfortable on long trips. And the get up and go is nice! I love the looks that I get when the light turns green and I'm gone before anyone; and not even meaning to. Great visability and if there are any "blind spots" I haven't found them. Cons: The wind noise at the driver and passenger windows. I know it is caused by the wind hitting the side mirrors and wrapping around them but it is noisy at times. Kia really should go with the side windows that Ford is going with on their vehicles. (thicker glass like the windshields). Also, the steering wheel has the buttons to control the volume for the radio but it would be nice for there to be a button to change the station from the steering wheel. Minor issues when compaired to the whole vehicle."

I'm 62 and this is the best car I've ever owned

By on Sunday, July 21, 2013

Pros: "great ride, good comfort, power, gas mileage"

Cons: "wind noise"

"This car is very comfortable on long trips. The power seats adjust easily. The inside arm rests in the front adjust to several positions. The dual air conditioning keeps the car very cool on 100 degree days. The car has plenty of HHP when you need it and yet it still gets better than 24 mpg."

By on Saturday, June 19, 2010

"I have had this van for just over a year and love it. I usually only keep a vehicle for about a year and then trade it in but this one i will hold onto for at least another year then maybe trade it in on another one. I had a little bit of trouble with it when i bought it the throttle body went but it was covered and they fixed it right away. It is very roomy and have never had trouble fitting everyone and everything in it. It plays school bus every morning for all the neighborhood kids. :)"

dont buy

By on Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"This is my second Kia Sedona I should have listened the first time..I had trouble with the o3 soI bought an 06 thinking that they must have gotten better.Wrong it has so many rattles under the hood and terrible on gas.Now I cant even trade it in because it has depreciated so quickly I would have to take a loss."

good value

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"Smooth ride both city/hwy. Gas milage 20-22 on hwy using cruise at 65-70 mph. Put towing pkg on and pulls 2k# fairly easy. Very pleased with comfort, std features of LX, and unused warranty. Bought for wife and kid/future kid so safety ratings decrease worry. Added under car rustproof and 7yr paint/gloss protection as planning to keep for life of vehicle as expected depreciation for korean make not fabulous (just confirmed -6 to 7 k after 1 yr). Grew up with VW bus and 87 plymouth voyager, so this feels first class to me."

Can't wait to trade it in

By on Friday, June 29, 2012

Pros: "The look of the vehicle is nice."

Cons: "It's always in the shop!"

"I purchased this vehicle due to the affordable price. I have had nothing but problems with it. The throttle system has been replaced twice, various sensors have been replaced and today (hottest day of the year) black smoke came out of the vents when I turned on the air conditioning - so I guess it's going back into the shop again. Would not recommend this vehicle. Plagued with problems."

Exceptionally pleased!

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, power and handling all excellent"

Cons: "Busy console, mileage 18 city"

"My favorite two features are the power and the handling. The power has pulled me out of highway bind-ups andfast accel when pulling onto a busy road. With good tires, the vehicle holds the road well in tight, quick meneuvering. The sound system is awesome. Very roomy. The console is a bit busy with controls, mileage is about 17 in the city, even with moderate driving habits. Over all, a very good vehicle."

Works great

By on Thursday, February 09, 2012

Pros: "Drives well in bad weather"

Cons: "The cup holded gets stuck."

"I think it has done a good job as a minivan. I have never been left on the side of the road. Whne it did have a few items(minor) recalled, the dealership fixed them free and very quickly. The only problems that I have had with it on a regular basis is the headlights need to be replaced often and the CD player has issues loading CD sometimes."

Purchased used!

By on Saturday, November 05, 2011

Pros: "Looks nice, drives great, comfortable"

Cons: "Parts are very expensive, hard to come by!"

"This vehicle is being used as a taxi and had 70,000 miles on it when first purchased. I have had it 8 months now and had serveral problems. The brakes were replaced and the shop could not figure out why they keep scraping, after several months of that I took it to another shop and they replaced the brake pads with a different type and never had any more problems. So, far the only other problems, has been head light blubs (both sides) which have blown (several times) and both turn signals blubs (several times). The issue I just encountered is the heater fan stopped working and its 40 degrees right now. Parts are have to be ordered and it takes a week to get them, they are very hard to come by for this vehicle and very expensive! Many after market parts are not available. Would I purchase another one! NO WAY!"

2nd kia and ready for a 3rd

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "looks good, drives great, very comfy,"

Cons: "nothing comes to mind"

"been impressed with both my kias, both sedonas, they are roomy, comfortable, great to drive and exude the feeling of safety. i fully expect to buy another kia."

LOVE THIS SEDONA

By on Monday, January 10, 2011

"Although I originally owned a 2003 Kia Sedona EX...which had problems from day one until I traded it in..in 2010 for a new 2010 Kia Sedona LX..I looked everywhere I did not want a Kia again...but I could not duplicate the Sedona with all its features, cost, etc.....and I am glad I stayed with Kia and bought this new one last summer...."

I LOVE my Kia Sedona!!!

By on Friday, May 28, 2010

"Roomy, comfortable, drives great! Will buy again!"

It takes a beating

By on Friday, April 30, 2010

"I bought this Sedona to work. I had totaled a previous model in an accident, where the van was very secure. This new model with better brakes and larger engine made sense. The van has been driven in and around Puerto Rico for 3+ years to a total of over 50 K miles. If you know Puerto Rico you know this is a lot of driving. Very steep hills, very winding mountain roads, pot holes, mud, rain, etc. Everything but snow and hail. It has always performed flawlessly even when in very difficult scenarios (up muddy hills hitting the accelerator flat out to get up). Have had some problems with the front end that the dealer took care within the warranty and with no problems. Another annoying problem is that, when hitting a road with a lot of vibration, the back passenger door starts registering as open (not fully closed) requiring a stop to close the door properly. This does not happen very frequently but the dealer has been unable to fix it. Very minor issues for the beating this van has taken. A great machine!"

Sedona Has Been Great

By on Tuesday, January 05, 2010

"I love my Sedona. It has lots of get up and go and has had no mechanical problems at all. The headlights go out a lot and the gas mileage could be better, but other than that, it's very dependable and a pleasure to drive and ride."

2008 Sedona LX

By on Wednesday, April 22, 2009

"Excellent value after Kia rebate under $16K. Pros: safety rating, price, warranty, smooth drive, alot of power, comfortable seating, good overall minivan. Cons: gas mileage is not good; but comparable to other vans, resale value. I drive my vehicles into the ground so resale value is irrelevant to me. 1988 Honda Prelude; 14yrs. 1999 Civic still driving at 168K mi. I would recommend the van. Overall is a good family vehicle with a great warranty in event you are concerned about buying a Kia. I feel better that my kids are in the safetest van on the road!"

Just What The Family Needed

By on Thursday, March 12, 2009

"After test driving every minivan I could find, I settled on the 2008 Sedona LX. There wasn't any discernible difference between this and the comparably loaded (standard), but much more expensive competitors. I didn't need all of optional luxury extras, just a reliable vehicle with extensive storage and people moving capacity. It comes with a five star safety rating, which is great if you have kids, and a 10 year/100,000 mile warranty, which is offered only by Kia/Hyundai. The Sedona has a smooth drive ability and the interior is spacious and comfortable."

Very Good Value

By on Tuesday, March 03, 2009

"My '08 Sedona is my 4th minivan since 1998. Previous were Chevy's. Honda's and Toyota's were demo'd regularly but uncomfortable to drive long distances. No problems with Kia but got a basic model with no power doors based on bad prior experiences. Got 23 mpg overall on a 6 week trip to Canada that included a lot of slow driving. Love the driver's comfort for my high-mileage driving style."

pile of junk

By on Sunday, June 15, 2008

"this is one of the worst vehicles ever made .I bought it brand new and its been nothing but problems .power sliding doors not operating properly ,front end makes tons of noise had tohave parts replaced at 15000 miles , a/c didnt work when we bought it and had to wait 3weeks for parts its been to the dealer 8 times or more it does have great safety features and a warranty that you will need to use . and the kicker is that it averages 13 mpg"

Awesome van - 2 years and counting!

By on Thursday, May 29, 2008

"I have had the Kia Sedona EX minivan for 2 years. It is the best mini-van I have ever driven or ridden in. Have had zero mechanical problems and the gas mileage is okay considering it is a van. I average 21 mpg city/highway combined. Roomy and lots of extras - airbags everywhere, cup holders galore, power everything. Have owned a Town and Country, Dodge Caravan and an Astro Van. This beats all of them hands down with the drive-ability, dependability, and comfort. I do not experience the noises others complain about. If you are looking for a mini-van, the Kia Sedona is awesome."

Meets my needs very well

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "Looking for a great value and warranty this is it!"

"No mechanical, body, instrumentation or convenience issues. Gas mileage is acceptable given vehicle weight & size. Interior/exterior finish is good. Handles, rides comfortably and w/reasonable quietness. Cargo space and passenger access is very good. Std features are good."

Awesome Van, working well!

By on Sunday, February 09, 2014

Pros: "great van, got it used for great deal"

Cons: "not enough power outlets for passengers."

"I have a LONG commute now with new job and unfortunately need better mileage for my >100mile round trip commute! It's a great van... has a couple re-call's yet to get done at dealer. Works well... kept up on filters and fluids and always had winter tyres put on each year. Most are highway miles. It's a great van, working well.. has remote start and after market stereo with bluetooth/aux in. Has trailer hitch and pin connector for trailer, fog lamps window air deflectors."

Wish I had more features and better fuel economy

By on Monday, July 01, 2013

Pros: "Affordable mini-van with backseat stowing"

Cons: "gas guzzler"

"While the rear seats to my mini-van do stow away, which is great, the middle seats have to be completely removed to have the full cargo room. For a 2006 model; it should have more safety features included; backup sensors, auto doors, auto gate, mp3 connection. While I did buy this used, overall it has been a good car. If it hadn't been for the extended warranty I purchased, it would have been a lemon. Have had over $2000 in work done. This is a gas guzzler. I drive pretty well and have never been able to get better than 17 mpg hwy or city."

Best value minivan on the market

By on Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pros: "inexpensive, safe, sporty (driving) for a minivan"

Cons: "trans could hold 1st gear slightly longer"

"Bought as a former rental vehicle with 32k on it, put 100+k on it over the next four years. My parents and brothers all own (or owned) Honda Odysseys, and I much prefer the Sedona. It's sportier than the Odyssey, less expensive, and has been as reliable as a Honda - very little has gone wrong with the van. The subframe bushings are starting to squeak some (when cold), but it does have 130+k miles on it. Only real gripes are the clearcoat starting to peel (seems to be a common Kia/Hyundai problem - I've owned several) and 1st gear in the trans doesn't hold long enough - about the time it's starting to get power, it shifts (unless you're accelerating a bit harder than you otherwise might). Otherwise, it's done everything we've asked of it - hauling people, hauling a riding mower, hauling wood, hauling Christmas gifts, hauling dogs... and the seats fold flat easily enough (except the middle seats, which do fold up behind the front seats, or remove completely). As with most vans, fuel economy leaves some to be desired, but this Sedona does fare better than my dad's Odyssey; we get around 16-18 city, 20-22 highway. All in all, excellent for a family - safe, lots of space, reliable, versatile, and relatively inexpensive."

The best mini on the road

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "Price, looks, handling, design, amenities"

"Powerful engine, great handling, every amenity you can think of!"

not worth your money

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "space"

Cons: "bad paint"

"I love the space but could have found it in a better van. The paint only after 3 months started flaking off and now my van is all rusted. I took it right back in but they said there was nothing they could do about it. I later looked up reviews and found tons of reviews about how bad the paint is. room inside is great... paint not worth the trouble!"