2014 Kia Sedona Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,929 - $25,566.

10/6.5

7.9

Based on 333 Ratings for the 2006 - 2014 models.

Good and comfortable

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pros: "economical & fun to drive"

Cons: "Caution! It has rear blind spots"

"We bought this used car in St. Petersburgh in 2010 from a Nissan Dealer. It had just over 1000 miles of use. We can provide records if necesssary. We immediately had the Black finish weather protected with a special $300.00 Simonize coating. It has served us well at a time when we were still loading and unloading our belongings from when we moved here permanently in 2009. We have had the car serviced when necessary by the Gulfport Garage Inc. exclusively. We have replaced all four tires recently and have kept it in very good condition. It gets good mileage and now we only need it for transportation driving it only about 5000+ mile per year. I am looking to trade down to an older car in good condition. A newer car is not affordable for us at this time. I am a disabled Vet and because of my advancing age I find I now need a car that is more driver friendly in terms of more leg room and possibly without a middle console. I am 6'-3" tall & over 300lbs.so I will still need a mini van type of car because of the ease of entry and exit."

Drives like a dream. Comfy

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "Plenty of power- nice ride"

Cons: "over priced new-trade-in value bad"

"Bad thing is rear view mirror night dimmer to bright. Original tires very loud, and don't like camera on rear view mirror: is distracting at night can't see back-up lights because to bright in eyes. Love it during the day. Poor security against theft .Drive is comfortable only if you are 5'5 or under. No room for tall people driver's seat doesn't go back far enough(this is serious problem). Sound system good. Service at dealership to high for 30,000 service check up. Paint good,interior nice - convenient(especially the tray between the driver and passenger seats). Plenty of room for passengers. Seats fold easily. Overall I love this vehicle, one of the best I've ever owned. Holds to the road excellent even in adverse conditions. Plenty of power if needed. Problem: rotors front and rear warp to easy.Had to replace by 27,000 miles. 90% of my mileage is highway, from Akron OH to Parkersburg WV."

LOVE this van!

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

"Great van! Love the space, the design...everything is well thought out. Very practical!"

first minivan

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Pros: "space,gas, A/C"

Cons: "none that i can think of"

"Love this van! would recommend this to anybody!!"

This is my 3rd van. Buying a 4th. Great car.

By on Friday, August 29, 2014

Pros: "Goes exactly where pointed. Great in rain."

Cons: "Noisy on highway."

"Buying a 4th van. Says it all. Great handling, stopping and comfortable. Car is nosy on high way. My only complaint."

I drove this car hard - very reliable.

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

Pros: "Reliable; low maintenace"

Cons: "None really. It is what it is - a minivan"

"Lots of miles. City and highway. Not glamorous ; not sexy; but very reliable transportation. Low maintenance. Very good value."

Kia Sedona's are not reliable

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pros: "good price, comfort"

Cons: "lots of repairs"

"The Kia Sedona is a good vehicle until they hit the 70000 to 90000 mile mark and then watch out. We had a 2006 Sedona and after 50000 miles it was in the shop once every couple of months for major repairs. On the 6th major repair we finally was able to have Kia trade us for a 2009 Sedona. We had the same problem with the 2009 sedona, that once it hit 70000 miles it started having major mechanical problems that is costing us more money then the car is worth. We have a ford truck with 135000 miles and a saturn with 200400 miles that do not have trouble like the sedona. Be prepared to put a lot of money into the repairs"

ALWAYS WANTED A VAN BUT AT A FRACTION OF THE COST

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "ROOMY COMFORTABLE LEATHER SEATS AND RIDE"

Cons: "DIDNT GET DVD PLAYER"

"THIS HAS BEEN WONDERFUL FOR MY FAMILY AND ME. SEVEN SEATER WITH 4 BUCKET SEATS. VERY ROOMY, I CAN ACTUALLY CHANGE CLOTHES IN THE BACK. THE RIDE IS WONDERFUL. LOVE THE FACT I GOT THE TOP OF THE LINE WITH AUTOMATIC DOORS AND TRUNK LIFT. ENGINE HAS NOT GIVEN ME A PROBLEM. BRAKES ARE GOOD. FOR THE PRICE OF A LUXURY VAN 2012 KIA SEDONA...I LOVE IT!!!"

Love this van just what I needed

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "It's a great price for what I paid, fun to drive.."

Cons: "no cons as of yet."

"I bought this van right off the truck, with only 4 miles on it... I traded in my 2012 Kia sportage, loved that car to. Do to medical demands I had to go bigger, which was the van. I never test drove it on the lot.. I knew my sportage was good so I had no problems believing this van wouldn't be good to.. It's been a year, I still miss my sportage, but wouldn't trade my sedona either.. It hasn't given me any problems as of yet. What can I say... I Love my Kia!"

Dependable, affordable, functional

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

Pros: "functional, roomy, dependable, great on trips"

Cons: "not real luxurious, seems to go through tires"

"This is our 3rd Kia and 2nd Sedona. We are pleased overall with all our Kias, especially this one. It is very roomy, great for trips, has been dependable, and with fair gas mileage. The extra seats have come in handy and with the 3rd row down, it is a hauler for many things. Ours is the LX and I wish I could have found a well priced used EX instead. However, we are happy. We will probably drive it for many more years."

Solid van and exceptional value

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Value, Reliability. Cost per mile is unmatched"

Cons: "slight road noise (easily fixed w/ better tire)"

"I bought this new in 2007. I have high praise for this van. I have owned Dodge Grand Caravan and Honda Odyssey. This was a fraction of the price new of those and had much better reliability. 2 minor issues, the head light bulbs would burn out quickly when using after market bulbs. One set of OEM bulbs later and no more issues. Last issue was slight road noise. Upgraded factory tires (which I got 67k miles out of) to better quality tire and its now quiet. I would definitely buy another. My driving conditions are varied. The first 2/3rds of its life was stop and go city traffic and the last 50k have been more highway style driving. The only thing I would ask from Kia is to make the rear wiper blade assembly available in aftermarket so I don't have to go to dealership for replacement. I had 2 small warranty claims during the 5/60 and they were handled quickly and done right the first time."

Meets my needs very well

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "Looking for a great value and warranty this is it!"

"No mechanical, body, instrumentation or convenience issues. Gas mileage is acceptable given vehicle weight & size. Interior/exterior finish is good. Handles, rides comfortably and w/reasonable quietness. Cargo space and passenger access is very good. Std features are good."

Maybe the best vehicle I have owned at 60

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

"Does everything I needed in a vehicle and overnight stay."

WORST CAR I'VE EVER OWNED

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Reason: POOR QUALITY CAR

Pros: "Cheap car"

Cons: "It's cheap for a reason. Electrical nightmare"

"I bought this car new, and within the first year, I replaced the battery, only to have to replace that battery less than 2 years later. I have replaced 2 of the door lock actuators, only to replace all 4 less than 6 months later. I've replaced the assist handle on the passenger side when it crumbled in my wife's hand one day. Replaced the back up camera when it started working intermittently. In the last 7 months I have averaged a trip to the garage for warranty work every month. Oh and on the doors giving me issues, KIA was worthless in helping out, I called the 800 number just for them to tell me they couldn't do anything until it happens 3 times, when I told them the doors had already failed me 3 times they said well it will have to happen again before they could do anything. I took the car and traded it in for a Toyota and will never own another KIA again."

great van for the money! very reliable!

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Cons: "14 mpg city and 17 on hwy"

"I have been driving this van for six years and have nothing negative to say. It has never needed anything beyond a battery and brakes. The inside looks good and it drives solidly."

One of the best vehicles we own,

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "Good WARRANTY nice smoth driving"

Cons: "no cons"

"THIS IS ONE OF OUR BEST VEHICLE WE OWN, WE USE TO TRAVEL A LOT WITH IT UNTIL WE GOT OUR FORTE AND NOW WE ALSO OWN A SORENTO. KIA HAS THE BEST WARRANTY ON THE MARKET NO WONDER HYUNDAI AND KIA ARE THE BEST TO SHOP."

Bought Brand New, Still Going Strong!

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "Roomy interior & storage area, great acceleration"

Cons: "Center console not removable, only collapses"

"Bought this van brand new in 2006, most dependable car I've ever owned! My husband has been through 3 SUVs since '06 and each have had many problems while my van has been our family's go-to. The interior is super roomy, the 2nd row captains chairs are invaluable because of 2 tall teenagers and a preschooler and all their friends! Like other reviewers have mentioned, I love to surprise the young adults that pull up next to me at red lights, makes me giggle every time! My only issue is that we've had to replace the headlights a few times, easy DIY. Just surpassed 100K miles, hoping to get another 100K!"

Built like a tank

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Pros: "fabulous mpg for a big V6"

"This is one heavy duty van. I looked at all the others. It's a 2012 LX and I've put 20K miles on it so far. Never a problem. Some competitor vans might be a slight bit more refined, but none drove as solid or handle as well as the Sedona. It even has 6-lug wheels. Lots of power and no strain even when full of people and luggage. Great MPG for a big V6. As good as 27 hwy with a load. I wish I would have held out for the EX, but that's because I like all the toys. For what we need it's a perfect van and was far less expensive than all the competition. I also had a 2012 Optima EX that I just traded in for a 2013 Sportage EX. I'm locked into their products. The Optima had 78K miles and never a single problem."

do not want to switch

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Pros: "very roomy"

Cons: "low gas mileage"

"I have thoroughly enjoyed this van! Overall it has been relatively free of problems except the front turn signals."

Is this thing really a Minivan?!?!

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

"We purchased the 2012 LX Sedona used in October of 2013. It now currently has 44,000 miles on it and going strong. We had a 2002 Kia Spectra that I bought new before I was even married. It had close to 200,000 miles on it when I sold it to an indiviual who is still driving it. A wife and two kids later forced us to need another vehicle and there was no doubt that I would look at Kia first. The van is very smooth riding and handles great. Very comfortable on long trips. And the get up and go is nice! I love the looks that I get when the light turns green and I'm gone before anyone; and not even meaning to. Great visability and if there are any "blind spots" I haven't found them. Cons: The wind noise at the driver and passenger windows. I know it is caused by the wind hitting the side mirrors and wrapping around them but it is noisy at times. Kia really should go with the side windows that Ford is going with on their vehicles. (thicker glass like the windshields). Also, the steering wheel has the buttons to control the volume for the radio but it would be nice for there to be a button to change the station from the steering wheel. Minor issues when compaired to the whole vehicle."

No mechanical problems but electrical ones

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "lots of room for friends and family"

Cons: "watch out for electrical problems"

"I have been very pleased with the van in most areas. However, I have had much trouble with the lights and doors electrical systems."

Best car/van I have owned

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "comfortable, nice driving , HUGE trunk space"

Cons: "The price is inching up to prices of other vans"

"LOVE LOVE LOVE this Van . The pickup is great I have no trouble merging into traffic when I need to "punch it ". It's comfortable with all 7 seats filled with passengers and gear. Runs smooth and quiet. Had a few minor problems but no issues with Kia fixing them quickly and well. I am contemplating getting another Sedona when this ones goes but I am hoping for another 100,000 on this one 1st !I have had no problems taking out the middle seats and lowering the back seats and can fit a love seat back ther for transport , Plenty of cargo space. Get this Sedona u won't be dissapointed!"

06 Kia used as a taxi! Customers love it!

By on Sunday, March 02, 2014

Pros: "Smooth, quite engine and comfortable"

Cons: "Expensive to repair and find parts"

"I have owned this vehicle for 4 years! It drives well, quite engine, and my taxi customers are very comfortable riding in it for 20 miles or 100 miles! The cost of repairing it is the biggest fight! The parts are hard to find with out major expense! If you don't get the original part from on-line or a junk yard, I have found the local auto stores' after market parts don't last as long or work as well! The front end has been my major night-mare! Sway bar links have to be replaced every year, struts every year, headlight blubs blow every three months, and I have to have a repair shop put it up on a rack to put the blubs in! But these little van rides so smooth! I am now searching for another one!"

Awesome Van, working well!

By on Sunday, February 09, 2014

Pros: "great van, got it used for great deal"

Cons: "not enough power outlets for passengers."

"I have a LONG commute now with new job and unfortunately need better mileage for my >100mile round trip commute! It's a great van... has a couple re-call's yet to get done at dealer. Works well... kept up on filters and fluids and always had winter tyres put on each year. Most are highway miles. It's a great van, working well.. has remote start and after market stereo with bluetooth/aux in. Has trailer hitch and pin connector for trailer, fog lamps window air deflectors."

Peppy handles well comfortable seats

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "good pickup handles well"

Cons: "never gets out of 4th gear below 40 MPG"

"Nice Mini Van minor mechanical issues handles well only complaint is that when driving below 40 mph the gas mileage is only about 14 to 15 MPG However on the Highway it gets about 22 to 23 MPG"