2004 Kia Sedona

6.9

Based on 415 Ratings for the 2002 - 2005 models.

7.4/10
    7.1/10
    7.5/10
    7.4/10
    7.5/10

Original Owner- Satisfied

By on Saturday, December 22, 2012

Pros: "Dependable, few repairs, comfortable ride"

Cons: "Better gas mileage would be nice, of course"

"My wife drove this for 9 years then I noticed at 99.5k miles that it was a rough shift into 5th gear. Sold my big truck, bought the wife a 2011 Sedona (same color interior/exterior) and took over the 2002 Sedona. KIA replaced the trans, motor mounts, and exhaust system under warranty at 99.5k miles. WOW!!! I was able to prove countless oil changes and 2 trans flushes. In 10 years I've replaced brakes all around, AC compressor ($1100), tune up at 100k, timing belt at about 80k miles, and the right side door handle that broke off in my hand. The air bag light is constantly coming on. I'm looking at replacing it with a used Kia Rondo but just can't justify letting it go. It runs great, very dependable, but gets 18-20 mpg combined driving. Overall, I am very pleased with the vehicle. It's just the right size, not too big or too small and has been very dependable."

Best car ever.......

By on Saturday, February 16, 2013

Pros: "Reliability--Easy to drive---Roomy---"

Cons: "Gas is a killer. 12mpg city. 20 mpg hwy."

"I bought my Sedona in Arizona in 2003. I now live in NY. I have traveled all over the country in it an never had a problem . Just normal maintenance. The only down side is gas mileage. A tough nut to crack on a retirement budget so Ill be trading it in for an optima or forte. So sad. If gas was not an issue I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one."

Recurring Motor Mount Problem

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Very comfortable, fast acceleration, handles well."

Cons: "Motor mount problems - replaced 4 times!"

"Overall, I've really enjoyed this van but it's had a recurring problem with the motor mounts. So far, all of those problems have been covered by the warranty. It's had to be repaired 3 times and soon to be the 4th time. I suspect this is a manufacturing defect, although the dealership will not confirm this."

I want to hate it, but...

By on Friday, March 20, 2009

"The first year we owned this vehicle we had it in to the dealership about 13 times for warranty work. The check engine light kept coming on. Turns out there was some kind of junk in the emissions system that fouled up just about every sensor in the system. That first year I hated the van. Since then it has never stranded us but once, and that was because the battery went bad. It has never had any major mechanical problems, and since the warranty period (115,000 miles on it now), I've not had to do any other repairs other than regular maintenance. The brakes on this thing are terrible. They don't always stop well. It is difficult to get the tires to lock up. That is my only safety complaint. I want to hate it because it is Kia, but overall this van has served our family well. It has hauled our family on many trips, and even pulls a small trailer up mountain grades with no problems. Kia makes it difficult to do your own repairs, as replacement parts are often dealer only items or at least difficult to find elsewhere. The paint on ours is flaking off all the bumpers and mirrors, and some of original interior trim fell apart quickly. The replacement trim pieces have held up well."

Just Poor Quality

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "It rarely stranded us"

Cons: ""Kia" doesn't mean Quality in Korean"

"Quality is an elusive term to define, but I can tell what does not epitomize quality--my 2003 Kia Sedona. This van has had more parts replaced than I can catalog here. Fortunately, many of the issues developed under warranty so it didn't cost an arm and a leg to keep up, but it has nonetheless been chronically needy. One area of special interest, because it has almost become amusing, is the plastic door handles--inside and out. Guess what happens to plastic in a poorly designed, highly stressed application. That's right it ends up in pieces in your hand. There has rarely been a time when one of the door handles HASN'T been broken and they're not cheap to replace! I won't go on with the details involving half shafts and A/C compressors and valve cover gaskets and engine mounts and wheel bearings and the starter and.....you get the idea. If you have a chance to buy one of these, run don't walk, in the other direction regardless of the price."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Sedona near Honolulu. See local deals