2014 Kia Rio Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $14,515 - $14,918.

10/6.5

8.1

Based on 36 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

All around great for a first time car buyer!

By on Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Sporty, Convenient, and Comfy."

Cons: "Cheap Speakers and No Vanity Lights."

"This vehicle was my first new car purchase. I have owned the vehicle for approximately 10 months now. I love the convenience of the hatchback v.s. a sedan, allowing for the extra cargo room. The exterior is sporty, but doesn't have the added insurance price! Very maneuverable in tight circumstances. A comfortable ride to and from work. I average 34 MPG with an overall commute of 35 miles/day. With a somewhat active lifestyle, I can easily attach bike racks and luggage carriers. Only negative I have is the standard, low quality, stereo speakers. And the fact that the new Kumho tires it came with, are bad to pick up small rocks and stones. But after some wear and tear on the tires that seems to have gotten better and less rocks are being thrown!"

Good Value

By on Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pros: "Affordable, realiable, fun to drive"

Cons: "No cruise control, wonders at high speeds (70+)"

"I bought this car a little over a month ago. I went from a Dodge Journey with AWD to this little car. I no longer have a long drive for work, so I didn't see the need in having a big car like that anymore. My boyfriend had recently purchased a Kia Forte Koup and I love that car. I decided that I wanted a little car too. I test drove the Kia Rio 5 and fell in love. The ride is a little stiff, and I am still getting used to the resposive steering, but honestly I have very few complaints. My biggest issues are that I do not have cruise control (which is kind of my fault as I could have purchased an after market kit that they would have installed) and it tends to be a little squirrly on the interstate (although if I do drive the speed limit, it isn't so bad) I love this car. It is quick and peppy through town and it does suprisinly well in the snow, which in Vermont is super important. The icing on the cake was how super helpful and friendly the dealership staff are where I bought it. I am excited to really start putting the miles on this car."

So far so good

By on Sunday, February 10, 2013

I own this car

Pros: "great price and warranty, looks great."

Cons: "not as good mpg as expected"

my little Rio

"I traded in my 09 Subaru legacy for this car. I changed jobs and didn't need the reliability of the Subaru in bad weather any longer.My Subi was an amazing car but since I work literally around the corner from my house now, I decided to try a smaller car that got better gas mileage. I read the reviews and decided to go with the Kia Rio. I love the looks of it, it handles pretty well, but I am use the very agile Legacy so it doesn't quit top that. So far I'm only getting 30 miles to the gallon but hope that improves. I pay less a month for this car and get better gas mileage so I'm happy so far. The warranty gives a great since of security. My daughter has a Scion IQ, I enjoy driving my little Rio much better."

my little Rio

Not what we expected

By on Friday, February 08, 2013

Cons: "It's has a low safety rating, i"

"This car is not what we expected. The car doesn't excellent the way it should, they lied to us about the car being good on gas. The driver seats lets up, but the passenger seat doesn't, so you look like a little old person sitting there. It drives slow. It seems to be poorly put together, the miles don't seem to be accurate ."

This car is awful

By on Wednesday, February 06, 2013

"I bought a brand new Kia Rio LX with the ECO package and it is awful. I have had it for three months and I have taken it in four times. I had car dealerships. I never go unless it is absolutely necessary. Previously I owned a 2008 and 2011 Toyota Yaris with no problems. I regret my trading decision. The bells in whistles don't work. My car stalls at stop lights and has to be turned off and restarted. The service department is no help. I want my old car back."