2014 Kia Rio Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $14,575 - $14,968.

10/6.5

8.1

Based on 30 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Love My Rio!

By on Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pros: "price, good gas mileage, easy to maintain,so cute!"

Cons: "small back seat, rear speakers"

"This is the first new vehicle I have ever owned and I am so happy I chose Kia. The Rio is small but comfortable and really great on gas! I use it for my daily commute and I have no complaints at all. This car is adorable and I get compliments all the time! Definitely would recommend!"

My first new car!

By on Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pros: "Great Price, Beautiful Interior and Exterior!"

Cons: "NONE!"

"I bought this car a couple of days ago and I've already had a chance to put a couple of hundred miles on it due to my commute to and from work. I didn't get the fancy package however. I got the basic Rio GDI Automatic. It has roll down windows, manual locks and no fancy bluetooth or GPS. It is simple, yet I love this car so much! I have been driving a 2002 Kia Spectra GSX for nearly 3 years prior and It lasted me a while, but it was time to actually get a new car. The guys at the dealership worked with me and I was out within 5 hours with a brand new car! So far I love it! It has pick up and go when I need it, cold A/C, good Gas Mileage and an AWESOME Stereo! I cannot express how much I love my Rio."

GAS Mileage

By on Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pros: "Drives well - has a solid feel and great pickup!"

Cons: "No arm rest. console, between two front seats"

"When purchased NEW in August 2012, it was advertised as "38 miles to the gallon". This was not an estimate, but a firm number. KIA realized their mistake and started issuing "rebates" because the car would never attain 38...30 to 32 was more like it. Since receiving a check from KIA after 3 months of driving, there have been no further statements made by KIA for additional compensation.(?) The car developed a "rattle" on the inside behind the instrument panel...no one seems to be able to locate it."

Great car for the price and looks good too !

By on Thursday, September 05, 2013

Pros: "Great looks , great gas , feels big inside"

Cons: "Seats can be unconfortable and engine is small"

"Had this car for a year and half and no one problem to date only changed the oil as sched intervals and my impressions are great car feels like bigger car inside and had some get up and go especially when shift in manual mode. Get lots of compliments on it and people as what it is (mine is red ) one last week thought I had brought the car from Europe. Only negative is in long trips 3-4 hours seats can be bit rough but if you get a chance grab one before they are all gone at 40 mpg and with gas sure to go up and up cann't beat it."

Great Small Car but get the Power Package!

By on Friday, May 24, 2013

Pros: "Good on gas, looks, lowest economy car in market"

Cons: "No bluetooth or power locks/windows on base model"

"I've had the car for less than a month and I love it. It looks nice, good gas mileage, good trunk space, cheap (out the door under $14,000). I got a great deal since I qualified for all Kia incentives. I find it fun to drive and it runs well (as an economy car would). It is an ECONOMY car. You can't expect it to run like a turbocharged 230 horsepower car. My only problem with the car is that the Rio LX 5DR Hatchback I bought did not have the power package. As a new mom, it is very uncomfortable to have to lock the doors and operate the windows and trunk manually. Pre-baby, this car would had been perfect for me, but in my current situation it was not the best choice. Also, with a car seat in the middle there is little space on the sides to change the baby. For these reasons I want to trade it in (my husband wants to keep it for himself). If it had the power package I would've driven the car until it reaches 200,000 miles!!!!"