2014 Kia Rio Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $14,083 - $14,612.

10/6.5

7.9

Based on 43 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Love this car!

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Pros: "Design, reliability, fuel economy"

Cons: "Seat comfort, acceleration"

"I drive a 4 door Kia Rio LX, and I can't say enough good things about this car. I'm so pleased with it! I have a long daily commute, and this car has made the hour long drive much more enjoyable! I am pleased with the gas mileage- I get about 28 in the city (I live in a very mountainous region) and 35+ on the highway. I do drive the car pretty hard, which is why my mileage is a bit lower than others, even with the ECO. It came with a lot of standard features, and the only upgrade I added was the power package. The car has great visibility- I have very few blind spots. The Rio also handles really well. And you can literally park it anywhere! Despite the good aspects of this vehicle, there are a few things I'd change. The seats aren't super comfortable. They aren't UNconfortable, but they aren't the greatest. I think this is because they have built-in airbags, so I guess safety is the trade off. I wish it had a little more torque. Sometimes I have to floor it to get on the interstate. Once the speed is up, it has no problem maintaining, but it takes a while to accelerate. Overall this is an excellent vehicle for a single person looking for efficient, reliable transportation that doesn't look bad!"

Boy did I get lucky

By on Monday, November 26, 2012

Pros: "Very functional, high tech, fun, with personality"

Cons: "Visibility, can't see the extents of the car"

"I have a 2013 red Rio SX M/T (for Manual Transmission). One out of supposedly 500 cars for a marketing test of a high level Compact Hatchback with manual 6-Speed. The fact that the "regular" Rio SX is only available with automatic would have been a deal breaker for me. The drivetrain is amazing. Very smooth with great low end torque and flawless clutch action. The car is very quiet on the inside and handling is very compliant despite the standard 205/45 17" wheels which make it handle like running on rails. The level of electronic and advanced equipment of the "Power Package (without sun roof & heated leather seats in this particular version)" can be intimidating, but it all makes sense. It is designed for good ergonomics and it is very functional. With 1,500 miles it is obviously too early to assess long-term reliability. I must say, however, that appearance and initial quality at delivery were flawless. Yes, I love to drive with a mission. My trade-in was a low mileage VW Golf Turbo. I love this car. One caveat: Due to extreme, integrated exterior and steeply angled, high belt-line, visibility and maneuverability take some getting used to. No indication of where the car ends and where the wheels are, when it comes to parking and pin-point driving."

My first new car!

By on Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pros: "Great Price, Beautiful Interior and Exterior!"

Cons: "NONE!"

"I bought this car a couple of days ago and I've already had a chance to put a couple of hundred miles on it due to my commute to and from work. I didn't get the fancy package however. I got the basic Rio GDI Automatic. It has roll down windows, manual locks and no fancy bluetooth or GPS. It is simple, yet I love this car so much! I have been driving a 2002 Kia Spectra GSX for nearly 3 years prior and It lasted me a while, but it was time to actually get a new car. The guys at the dealership worked with me and I was out within 5 hours with a brand new car! So far I love it! It has pick up and go when I need it, cold A/C, good Gas Mileage and an AWESOME Stereo! I cannot express how much I love my Rio."

GAS Mileage

By on Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pros: "Drives well - has a solid feel and great pickup!"

Cons: "No arm rest. console, between two front seats"

"When purchased NEW in August 2012, it was advertised as "38 miles to the gallon". This was not an estimate, but a firm number. KIA realized their mistake and started issuing "rebates" because the car would never attain 38...30 to 32 was more like it. Since receiving a check from KIA after 3 months of driving, there have been no further statements made by KIA for additional compensation.(?) The car developed a "rattle" on the inside behind the instrument panel...no one seems to be able to locate it."

My First Small Auto @ 64

By on Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "I haven't found one yet"

"I'm 64, newly widowed (08/28/2011) when I traded a paid for 2011 Ford Tranist XL w/ all opts on 11/2011 for my 2012 Kia Rio SX Hatchback! People thought I was nuts, but yes the other was paid for but to big for just me & it was a consitant reminder of my soulmate of 44 yrs now gone. I wasn't looking to really trade, but when I saw the Kia Rio just liked its look right away, then I sat in the seat, AWWW - started it up & drove it - WOW! It handles like a dream even on ice and snow! Easy to park and fun to drive! The stero / CD / Bluetooth / MP3 & USB plug - great easy to use while driving! Stering wheel has all controls for operating accessories, including hands free dailing & talking. I am not a skinny woman & the RioSX's seats are ROOMY and COMFORTABLE!! This is a great car and I can fold the passenger & back seats down and have a TON of room (even when I buy lumber)for some major shopping & not counting my grandchildren love it too! They've told me it is a "FUN COOL" car, not an "OLD FOLKS" car! The MPG is not bad at all either! I will defintely buy another!"