2014 Kia Rio Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $13,173 - $13,658.

10/6.5

7.9

Based on 42 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Great Car for someone needed cheap transport

By on Thursday, March 05, 2015

Pros: "Cheap and okay on gas"

Cons: "Cheap and Cheap and Cheap"

"I have owned this car for almost two years now, and have had put it through some things a car like this should never be through. Driving through a muddy field not realizing the pumpkin patch was all dirt and it rained the previous night. Driving it hard on a track, and driving it through miles upon miles of gravel roads. For how much this car was bought for brand new, I have to say it's not a bad car, however it's not a great car either. Almost every interior panel rattles, even on the smoothest of roads. Lacks big time in the power department. It does how ever have a good feeling steering wise brakes are sharp and it does okay in the corners. To sum up if you need a cheap new car then go for it, just don't have high expectations. If you can afford to go to a better quality brand then go for it by all means."

good commuter car

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pros: "fantastic fuel economy and fun to drive"

Cons: "slow to accelerate, no power locks/windows"

"I have really enjoyed my Rio so far. I think I probably should have opted for the power pack because there is no way to unlock the back doors from the outside without reaching around the door frame to unlock the door from the inside. Other than that it has been great. The fuel economy with Eco boost on is around 34 mpg in the city and I have gotten as high as 43.3 mpg on the highway. Usual highway mpg is around 38 or 39 mpg. Without the eco boost on, it is only 30-36 mpg. It is a little slow to pick up speed, unless you remember to move the shifter to the left and use the manual shift option and downshift one gear. It will downshift for you if you forget, but it won't upshift on it's own in manual mode. You definitely want to scotchguard the seat fabric or get seat covers. The fabric they use stains easily. If I trade mine it, it will probably be the same car in tropical red with black/tan interior and the power pack."

KIA Killed It

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Pros: "Price, Sunroof, Bluetooth, Fun to drive"

Cons: "I'd like my hatch to open automatically"

"I'll be completely honest. I bought this car after doing a lot of research, test drives, and having a bottle of merlot on President's Day weekend. For the record, the test drives and wine happened on different days. I couldn't be more pleased at what I got for my money. I decided to go big or go home. I got the top model with the sunroof, fancy wheels, navigation, etc. If I was going back to having a car payment, I wanted to make it count. I can honestly say, KIA came in at the best price, and gives me SO MUCH for my money. I don't need to use my car for commuting (thanks MTBA), but I have to park in Southie (Boston). This car can fit anywhere. Also, it's terrifc on weekend trips. I get just over 40mpg with it. There is a ton of room, and I love the hatchback for pets, groceries, and boxes of wine. The durability of the wheels make me a little nervous sometimes. I tend to go out of my way to avoid potholes, but I think I am just getting used to the thinner tires. That's more my problem than KIA's. Also, every time I brush a curb I spout profanity because I know I just scraped my chrome. I'm a picky girl. I will drive this car into the ground."

Just did a test drive

By on Sunday, September 09, 2012

I want this car

"Just finished test driving this car WOW was I surprised.It did not feel like a small car at all I`m 6ft. 200lbs. I had all the room I needed to drive.Steering was very responsive and when I ran over a few pot holes in the street it handled them more like a larger car.On the same day I test drove the KIA I also test drove a Ford Fiesta and a Ford Focus.I was leaning towards Ford because hey I`m an American.After driving them I changed my opinion I do not like the feel of the transmission at all it felt like it was never truly in gear almost like it was slipping.I realize this is just how it was designed but I don`t care for it.I also did not like the steering response to me it felt like it was one step behind I felt that it had to think about turning.So KIA is the way I`m going"

If you can buy this car get it !

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Looks, gas milage , Euro style"

Cons: "Seats"

"Have had my red EX for 2 1/2 years and can say it is great , ride good ,quite inside , European looks (like Seat Leon) and the fact that is is 97% recyclable is also a plus for the environment. Get many people ask me if brought this back from Europe and love the car. Have had to do nothing but change the oil , air filter and cabin filter on it better record that my last Mazda 3 only things to note are gas mileage is less than advertised (but Kia has program to reimburse owners for the life of the car the difference in cash) and the seats on long hauls bit uncomfortable ) but they are made from caster beans so price I pay for the fact they can be recycled) recommend highly."