2012 Kia Rio

8.1

Based on 48 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

Good Value

By on Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pros: "Affordable, realiable, fun to drive"

Cons: "No cruise control, wonders at high speeds (70+)"

"I bought this car a little over a month ago. I went from a Dodge Journey with AWD to this little car. I no longer have a long drive for work, so I didn't see the need in having a big car like that anymore. My boyfriend had recently purchased a Kia Forte Koup and I love that car. I decided that I wanted a little car too. I test drove the Kia Rio 5 and fell in love. The ride is a little stiff, and I am still getting used to the resposive steering, but honestly I have very few complaints. My biggest issues are that I do not have cruise control (which is kind of my fault as I could have purchased an after market kit that they would have installed) and it tends to be a little squirrly on the interstate (although if I do drive the speed limit, it isn't so bad) I love this car. It is quick and peppy through town and it does suprisinly well in the snow, which in Vermont is super important. The icing on the cake was how super helpful and friendly the dealership staff are where I bought it. I am excited to really start putting the miles on this car."

Great starter car, excellent gas mileage

By on Sunday, October 5, 2014

Pros: "Mileage, compact size for easy city parking"

Cons: "No spare tire"

"I bought my 2012 EX with about a month of research after totaling my Scion. By far the quickest and easiest decision I made was to purchase this car. Excellent mileage, great interior, a lot of room for packing the car with the fold down seats, extremely reliable and drives great in all types of weather. I trusted my Scion to keep me safe, which it did, and feel the same in the Rio. Great starter car for a young 20 yr old to get from point a to point b. Only complaint is having a fix a flat instead of a spare tire (dealer told us after we purchased). I would recommend this car for a student commuter, young family, adult who commutes far daily. Overall an excellent car!"

Excellent automobile, super gas mileage

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, economical"

Cons: "none that I can think of"

"I purchased this car in 2012 for daily travel of 50 to 100 miles a day. The mileage is great much better than the sticker indicated, comfortable and fun to drive."

Great value!

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

"Pros: Fuel economy Reliability drives best at highway speeds excellent warranty Best bang for the buck. Comes with blue tooth, real rims (I can actaually see my brakes!) turn signal mirrors, keyless entry, built in hard drive for music, leather wrapped steering wheel, soft touch plastic, fold down seats, and more. cheap to maintian cons: drivers arm rest paint is flaking off after only 10mos 20,000mi but is getting replaced thanks to the great warranty. Makes a strange noise sometimes (sounds like exhuast shield?) very faint, not enough to bother me. not the best handling car in the world. driver and car dont feel connected. (probably due to the electiric steering in part) Overall if I had it to do all over again I probably would have gone with a used car vs a new one however I am very please with the 2013 kia rio EX"

Don't understand all the high consumer reviews

By on Tuesday, January 8, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "Great cornering ability"

Cons: "Noisy and harsh ride, noisy unrefined engine."

"I tried this car out as a rental with 25,000 miles on it. The car handles great but has a lot of other qualities I do not like. The engine has plenty of power but is kind of noisy and not very refined. At idle I could hear a knocking sound like preignition knock or a loose valve. Ride is somewhat harsh and noisy. My Honda Civic is in a totally different league for a little more money. For $1500 to $2000 more you get a much smoother, quieter ride, more interior space, more cargo space, a smooth, quiet engine, a more refined experience over-all, and higher gas mileage. The only thing this car has on the Honda is it's tight cornering ability."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Rio near Honolulu. See local deals